TRX

www.trx.com

TRX Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014
TRX – Atlanta – “TRX ATL OFFICE”

TRX President and CEO H. Shane Hammond

H. Shane Hammond

Senior Director - Sales - Promoted due to great years of revenur production

Senior Director - Sales (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe acquired Hi-Mark Software and one of the best Data Solutions on the market. Little competition in the T&E arena and grea product to sell

ConsTo many changes in Senior Management and the focus of the company. Finally it was the sales of the company to Concur Technologies

Ok company to work for

Applicartion Support Analyst (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSalary was average, able to work remotely. When I first started at the company they seems great but after many changes the family atmosphere went away and it just because another business.

ConsSalary was average. Felt like being a number and not a person with them. not the best place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to you employees and don't just to conclusions

TRX acquired Hi-Mark software where I was Global VP in 2007. Looked like good move with company well financed.

Senior Director - Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGlobal Company offices in EMEA, India and several locations in USA . Top of the line software solutions

ConsWeak business plan. Could not coordinate leadership into one cohesive working group.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanges came in December with outage of CEO and VP Marketing and Sales. Changes in VP of IT and Software Development lead to other slow reaction to the marketplace.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

HR does not do a good job with investigating internal issues

Senior Software Tester (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe 60 mile one way drive 5 days a week didn't bother me because I loved my job so much

ConsThe only job I had been fired from 2 months after receiving a 7% raise when the avg was 2%. HR took the word of someone who had a theft conviction about something that happened on a day I wasn't even at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful who your HR department believes as that person may want someone out of the way for a promotion.

rocky road

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork is challenging, great employees

Consoverworked
    underpaid
    poor communication
    not enough recognition
    poor leadership

Poor company to work for

(Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRelaxed dress code and work from home days

Cons-Poor upper management
    -Low quality talent
    -You will not learn anything while at this company
    -Old technology, Product is outdated and will eventually fail
    -Management doesn't care about employees
    -Lack of innovation
    -Poor communication
    -Low expectations from employees resulting in poor product and innovation
    -Negative work environment

Excellent Internship Opportunity

Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI worked as a sales/marketing intern at TRX under John Broaddus, and learned so much. The people and the learning environment was excellent!

ConsI experienced no negativity whilst working at TRX

Great people, great future.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTRX is a fantastic group of smart people doing exciting things. Now acquired by Concur Technologies, the future is very bright for TRX!

ConsPrior to being acquired, growth was limited due to financial constraints. Still, a great place to work.

Poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTravel seems to be going back up.

Consold technology.
    management are clueless.
    benefits are bad compare to company of the same size.

Too much pressure

Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWorking from home is great. All the people here are genuinely nice. Pay is about right for the Atlanta market. Benefits, while lackluster are in line with what other Atlanta companies are offering.

ConsThe one thing I do not like is the constant pressure. I guess when you work from home what that really means is you can work all the time. Also this is a culture of hiring and firing. Since I've started, four developers have been let go. Not all of them could have been sub par. Rather, management seems to be looking for a heroes to save them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that when you're working on 8 cases simultaneously it's hard to get any one thing completed. Or as they used to say at IBM, when you're up to your butt in alligators it's hard to remember that your original intent was to drain the swamp.

Worked for TRX? Contribute to the Community!