TS Tech North America

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Toshio Komeji

Not the greatest place but not bad either.

QC technician (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at TS Tech North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits, payed time off (2 weeks out the year) 401k match. We get bonuses 2 times a year. And the pay is good compared to other places.

ConsIf you want to move up the ladder than this is not the place for you, they care about seniority too much. The longer you're there the better your chances even if you're not qualified. And there is too much favoritism, and upper management is totally clueless of what they're doing. And the hours are terrible, if you work at night you can't move to morning unless you've been there for ages, and if you are in mornings you will get bumped to nights if you don't have seniority. (Work life balance is not good)

Advice to Senior ManagementPick more qualified people to manage

A clean, well organized, fast paced, Japanese owned, high volume automotive seat manufacturer.

Quality Coordinator (Former Employee)
New Castle, IN

I worked at TS Tech North America full-time for more than a year

ProsThe staff are friendly and professional. Your opinion matters and they appreciate your expertise. The benefits are nice (401K and good insurance).

ConsThe amount of hours required (60 avg.) and the constantly changing production schedule provides little latitude for much work / life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect that your employees have limits. Hire the appropriate amount of staff and quit looking to constantly try and save money by cutting corners on staff.

They take care of you

ProsYou have a 4 day work week

ConsEven though money is good for area still isn't enough

My first factory job!...Ouch!...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TS Tech North America

ProsGood pay and benefits. Clean, safe work environment. Friendly employees.

ConsHigh-speed, labor intensive work. Training is done by other workers instead of professional trainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cafeteria sucks (trust me, I know the food industry). You should invite a food truck to show up for lunch; it's an easy way to provide another option.

OK minus the Management

I have been working at TS Tech North America

ProsThe actual job itself is usually pretty interesting. Particularly on R&D Side. You will get a lot of exposure to design and automotive engineering methods.

ConsManagement is not good. Particularly in the R&D side and it appears to be getting much worse. Within the past few years retention has become a serious issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop blaming HR dept. for your poor management policies. Look to the root cause of retention problems and not at your perceptions.

Section manager

Section Manager (Current Employee)
Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at TS Tech North America full-time for more than 3 years

ProsChallenging job with a lot of inter action with other departments.

ConsMaybe too many different jobs scattered

This is a wonderful company to work for.

IS Administrator (Current Employee)
Boaz, AL

I have been working at TS Tech North America full-time for less than a year

ProsFreedom to engage in learning new information is encouraged. The benefits are excellent and the work environment is excellent as well.

ConsThe pay is not quite as good as it could be, but we are also in a fairly rural location in Alabama.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are doing a great job and I am proud to be a part of this organization.

Ts Tech North America

Reynoldsburg, OH

I have been working at TS Tech North America

ProsThe majority of people are wonderful to work with.

ConsTerrible upper management. The company will do ANYTHING to avoid giving raises or promotions to non-Japanese employees. They ask employees to sacrifice lifestyle to better the company but provide very, very little in return. Terrible feedback from management. No recognition for good performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct fairly. Treat your employees as equals. You are not better than your employees. Make managers responsible for themselves. How about giving the raises and promotions that were earned and are deserved? The Upper Management and their spouses have company cars and you ask employees to sacrifice pay to help the company's bottom line and then refuse to reward them when things turn around? No wonder employees are leaving as fast as possible.

started STRONG when the company had sufficient manpower compared to the number of projects.

I have been working at TS Tech North America full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthere are some really great perks; some department managers and the VP are very reasonable; plenty of vacation time, popcorn day

Constoo much work, not enough qualified employees; it's gone down-hill over the last coupld years; seems impossible to out-put quality work when the quantity expectation is so high. you have to make a conscious decision not to let the job take over your life.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more engineers with experience, or pass on certain model projects.

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at TS Tech North America

Prosjust in time auto plant

Conscommunication from top to bottom

Advice to Senior Managementfuture

Worked for TS Tech North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TS Tech North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TS Tech North America CEO Toshio Komeji. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by TS Tech North America employees.