TSI Incorporated

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Kennedy

Prosgreat place to work. employees are treated with respect and ideas or suggestion is welcome. floor supervisors are given

Consgreat place to work. employees are treated with respect and ideas or suggestion is welcome. floor supervisors are given

AWESOME Experience!

Driver (Former Employee) Hattiesburg, MS

ProsWas one of the best places I ever worked. People were great! Hours, pay, benefits were wonderful! One of the best jobs I ever had. The military is an awesome place to work. They are kind, disciplined, and polite - the kind of people you remember growing up with and wondered what happened to.

ConsJob security is based on government whim. Government contract job - which ended.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave absolutely nothing I can say negative about this companies management. I had 5 bosses and they were all wonderful! Couldn't have asked for better.

Time to kill collecting a paycheck

ProsTreat their people well for time off/ benifits, and that's about it.

ConsThey treat their employees well, however, their is no room for advancement.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intelligent, close-knit, and accountable culture.

IT Manager (Former Employee) Shoreview, MN

ProsClose relationship to all levels of the company for management staff.
    Impressive compensation and benefits.
    Meet and learn about people from other parts of the world.
    International travel (for those to whom it applies).

ConsSmaller company means less learning (mentoring) opportunities.
    Potentially lesser promotion opportunities due to high tenure.

I was living the movie "Office Space."

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexable work schedule. They would let you take a day off without much notice.

ConsNo career path, low morale, no bonus structure, high turnover, the corporate managers do not change and fear change! The snub ideas that would make the company better. The people who have been here for a long time love it becuase they have no motivation and just come to work to get a check. TSI loves employees who want to come in and sit in a chair, do their job 40hrs a week for the next 20+ years and retire. If you have ANY ambition at all, stay away!

Innovative and agressive company in the aerosol sampling field

Senior Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsNew technologiy, interesting work. Very steady workload, stable revenues.

ConsSalaries are average, at best. Very little profit sharing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstitute a decent profit sharing plan OR beef up the 401k match.

painful and hard.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Albertville, AL

Prosthey pay pretty good conpared to the rest of the places around in this areas. they really do have very good medical and dental cover.

Consthey will make you work even if you are sick or threaten to fire you if you dont come in.

Advice to Senior Managementyou should talk to the empoyees with more respect than you do. also give a few days advance warning when working saturdays.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsSmall company with very talented engineers. Good working environment. Lots of freedom as long as you can get things done.

ConsThe company hasn't invest much in technology development. There is not much opportunity to work on exciting new technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote and invest in innovations.

Good interview process, energetic culture

ProsThere is a high-energy excitement among employees. People take time to get together outside of work and enjoy a work-life balance.

ConsPay is slightly below standard. Office space is an assembly of small cubicles. Health care premium is ridiculous for a married couple without kids.

Run Away!

ProsJob with regular paycheck. Decent offices. Great material for MBA courses on "what not to do" to grow the business.

ConsSubstandard pay. No bonus program (unless you think $500 annually constitutes an acceptable bonus). Not well known brands. Low morale, poor job security, no advancement opportunities. Very dysfunctional organization compared to other corporations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrop GE mentatlity- even GE did away with the Jack Welch "bible" some years ago.

Worked for TSI Incorporated? Contribute to the Community!