TSYS

TSYS Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

TSYS Chairman of the Board & CEO Philip W. Tomlinson

Philip W. Tomlinson

Pros
  • work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to(in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits with a strong HR department that handles inquiries(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset(in 4 reviews)

• In that time, the middle management levels of the company became too big(in 5 reviews)

Awesome company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work/life balance. Challenging projects to work on in a high pace atmosphere. Managers are easy to work with.

ConsTight security and no use of personal email or instant messenger services.

Work with the brightest talent and coolest technologies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsExcellent team culture
    Learn & work with latest technologies, constantly evaluating and introducing newer technologies.
    Growth within the company
    Flexible and open to change
    Work life balance
    Good benefits

ConsNone faced so far with this company

Fantastic place to learn, grow and work

Software Development Lead (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsGet to work with very bright talent. Fast paced work environment. Collaborative work culture. Good work / life balance. Management is very reasonable and listen to employees. Great location

ConsHigh security environment can sometimes hinder downloading open source software / use common tools that most people use.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Willing To Let You Grow

Senior Client Server Software Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsThey've made many changes over the last year changing compensation packages and allowing promotions more frequently. As long as you are willing to learn they are willing to let you.

ConsPay scales still seem to be a little bit lower than the current market should suggest. Employees seem to get rewarded for time with the company instead of based off performance.

My experience was fair

QA Analyst II (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsThe company is very structured and detailed oriented

ConsMy main challenge with the company was the layoff in 2008.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that the correct personnel are in leadership position

Don't expect growth quickly

ProsWork load is not cumbersome, but there are a lot of unnecessary tasks that are required by upper management Benefits are OK.. Team members are very friendly depending on the team.

ConsNo growth potential to climb ladders. If you are joining the company for this wait in line as there is a political hierarchy. Need to be in good term with management to do this regardless of qualifications.

Advice to Senior ManagementTSYS in Alpharetta requires more culture and employee appreciation. Currently this is not happening. The concerns and needs of the employees are not met and thus people are looking for better opportunities and leaving when they find them.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsWork life balance
    Exceptionally friendly environment
    Compensations is very competative

ConsHaven't encountered any at this time

Interesting job but low pay

Client Consulting Director (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsWork was challenging, good opportunities to shine, opportunities to mentor, liked working with clients and having a direct impact on the business

ConsPay is low so quality of employees was sometimes questionable, too much focus on new business rather than fixing all the problems, low employee morale

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more and get better quality employees and things would probably improve

Employee for more than 8 years

Technical Analyst (Former Employee) Columbus, GA

Prosgreat benefits, job growth is encouraged and very possible. job security is high.

Conssome environments are on the 'good 'ole boy' program. Men tend to get promoted more than women, get more opportunities for advancement.

Great Place to Start your Career!

Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, GA

ProsVery friendly and laid back environment. Good Benefits!

ConsSlow Growth. Pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the one's that really deserve it instead of who you like.

Worked for TSYS? Contribute to the Community!