TSYS Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.6

TSYS CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods

Pros
  • work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits with a strong HR department that handles inquiries (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset (in 4 reviews)

• In that time, the middle management levels of the company became too big (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

TSYS is a great company, providing wonderful benefits for it's team members!

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company values each team member. Team members and management treat each other like family. We rally together during the good times and during the bad times.

Cons

Keeping up with the fast pace. Clients need everything immediately, but we as consumers have created that mindset. We want everything now and perfect!

Great pay for young people

Former Employee - Chargeback Specialist  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Chargeback Specialist in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are very reasonable, Pay rate is good for young people in their mid 20's or early 30's

Cons

lack of assistance from your leadership, too many rules

No job will ever be perfect, but TSYS is truly a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Client Server Software Analyst  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Server Software Analyst in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with TSYS just over ten years now, and while they certainly have issues (just like every other company out there), overall, I have been very satisfied. They executive management truly cares about the employees and the success of the company as a whole. The beneftis packages are fair; not the best I've ever had, but certainly better than most. The company is also very flexible as far as work locations and schedules which is extremely valuable to me personally. TSYS also has an eye toward the future, and is doing everything it can to stay viable through innovation.

Cons

Let's just be honest, nobody is ever going to think they make enough money, and everybody thinks they deserve a promotion. TSYS pays fairly, but they are not going to make you rich most likely. There is a lot of competition for promotions and pay increases, so you're not going to fly up the company ladder like you could potentially do with a young, upstart company. This is an established company, and you're going to have to be patient.

Be more diligent in hiring better managers. Hire people that both good people skills and good business skills. Don't just give management to the longest tenured team members. Other than that, keep doing what you are doing!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Software Analyst Senior  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Software Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy working for TSYS because of the opportunities that have been presented to me over the course of my career (which is a little over 7 years)

Cons

Some of the main challenges, which TSYS is trying to overcome are the encapsulation of the different teams. There still seems to be "silo" type of mentality.

Flexible company with a good future, but career advancement can be difficult.

Current Employee - Business Analyst Senior  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

TSYS encourages work/life balance by offering flexible work arrangements including remote work, alternative work hours, and job sharing. I'm able to work from home if my child is sick or I'm waiting on a repairman, etc. The benefits are good, but I wish maternity leave was longer than the minimum 6 weeks required to meet FMLA regulations. There is a childcare subsidy through the company's partnership with Bright Horizons. Overall, it's a great company if you have a family. TSYS is an industry leader, and I'm confident about the future of the company.

Cons

Upper level positions are occupied by people who have been with the company from its start 30 years ago. There is no overall effort to find and develop young talent. You really have to be lucky or know the right people to make the jump to leadership from being an individual contributor.

Promote due to talent and potential, not simply due to time with the company or "who you know." Women and minorities could be better represented in the top level of leadership. Seems to be a "good ole boy" club at the top.

Very Satisfied. No Place is Perfect.

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

TSYS has a very family-focused culture and people here genuinely care about each other. We do a lot of community outreach and are an employer of choice in our corporate headquarters.

Cons

We've grown globally very quickly and are in an increasingly regulated and security-plagued industry. We take extreme measures to secure our data, which can cause frustrating delays in being able to complete your work. Tools that you can easily get and use outside of our walls are simply not allowed.

Keep the culture alive and maintain your focus on people AND results. If the people are taken care of, the results will come.

Great place to work. To grow and develop in your career, not so much.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great coworkers. Flexible work/life balance. Good benefits. Pretty good open door policy.

Cons

Very hard to develop or grow in your career. Promotions are few and far between.

Retire.

Decent interim position

Current Employee - Accountant/Financial Analyst II  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Accountant/Financial Analyst II in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at TSYS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual dress is helpful and coworkers are very friendly. The benefits are also decent for today's market.

Cons

The compensation is not the best in the industry and the raises are very small. Departments tend to make decisions in Silos and this affects the success of the company.

Start recognizing your high performers with better pay or continue to watch them leave. Stop waiting until an employee submits notice to increase their pay.

Buddy system

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS for more than 5 years

Pros

Clean building, good parking, secure building

Cons

Buddy system runs the company.

Make the rules the same for all employees.

I would say exciting

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

Good benefits, nice facilities and fair pay.

Cons

Politics, good ole boy network. Inconsistent management.

Make sure all standards of behavior and management are applied fairly across the board.

Worked for TSYS? Contribute to the Community!