TSYS Reviews

204 reviews filtered by
3.3
TSYS CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods

Pros
  • work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to (in 26 reviews)

• There are good benefits and good people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset (in 6 reviews)

• some environments are on the 'good 'ole boy' program (in 6 reviews)

1. Good Company

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

They treat you like family and try to help you.

Cons

Need to work more on the benefits; like vacation time.

A large company with bureaucracy bottlenecks that inhibit success.

Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Supportive manager
    Average salary for area

Cons

Too many reorganizations
    Upper management / leadership aren't progressive/innovative
    Some employees skate through the day while others work diligently to get the bulk of the work done

Give more thought to reorganizations ... hire an expert firm to help!
    Let the fat go ... dead weight
    Eliminate unnecessary process workflows - hire strong talent, pay them well, and trust them to do their job

3. Overall, it was an okay place to work.

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits offered, an easy commute, great people to work with, a lot of learning experiences, and a well balanced work-life ratio.

Cons

I don't really have anything to say negatively about this company. Everywhere that you work has it's flaws but none really stood out enough to talk about.

How can a company this successful be so backward? Alpharetta office, I get the feeling things are better in Columbus.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Excellent pay and top-notch benefits. Work/life balance is actually strived for

Cons

Was reassigned to 3 different teams and doing something completely different than what I was hired for in a 7 month span.

If you work on something to help you or the company out, better keep it to yourself or you'll have a handful of middle managers jumping in and trying to vulture your project from you including suddenly thinking they can give you deadlines and objectives despite knowing *NOTHING* about the technology, or even the project at all you are working on and THEN attempting to take the credit and in the most egregious case try to give the credit to one of their favored employees.. This is what drove me away in the end.

The existing technology stack is a mess. It's incredibly painful to do the simplest tasks. If two machines needs to communicate on the other side of a firewall it takes TWO WEEKS AT MINIMUM to get the request through. Hope you got all the information right the first time or else you gotta wait another two weeks.

Netnanny crap blocking legit sites like github. I was promised for 7 months I'd get access to Github, which we used a TON of tools that use it for their hosting, documentation and support. Never happened.

Terrible security policies straight from the 1990's. Three password attempts before an account lock? What brute force program is going to succeed in three attempts? This is only done to upset the employees (that was our joke anyway). This wouldn't be so bad except you have to change your password monthly, and there are arcane rules about special characters that are so complex you have to write it down. Completely ruining the point to begin with.

Everyone uses SCRUM but they all do it differently and so poorly that it just gets in the way. 30 minute standups, no backlogs, no story points. The one team I was on that SCRUM was actually a benefit, the team was dissolved and moved around the company just as we were starting to gel.

The fact that they had this strange pride about there being no possibility of career advancement was strange, to say the least.

Please take 20 minutes and learn to SCRUM correctly. Middle managers please take a cue from the senior leadership and release your iron grips.

Stop hiring people for one thing and putting them in a different role, this happened a disturbing amount of times. Look at your turnover, realize you are mostly to blame for it.

6. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance, good people. Good choice of work location in Georgia. Lot to learn from software systems.

Cons

Not there yet in emerging technology but working hard. No bonuses. Going thru growing pains with international division.

7. Work environment

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Good work life balance. Family oriented.

Cons

Lack of Accountability from some team members

N/A

Women beware! You might be the underdog.

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Friendly employees
    Employee appreciation events
    Covered parking
    On site cafe
    Stock
    Great comp for men

Cons

Lack structured cash bonus plan. Employees are not always paid equally for doing the same job. Blatant favoritism toward long time employed males. Women can get the short end of the stick and if you are one at this company and wondering if this applies to you then go to authoritative outside sources and get an investigation underway.

Treat your employees as equals. Award and recognize women and men who outperform and compensate them equally based on experience and contributions. You can't pay women less to do a job they have been doing better and longer than men in the same role. At this company, the good ole boys network may think it's a well kept secret and that's fine until people start ti become informed of reality.

Get some competent leaders who can sell and grow the division. The track record has not been so hot lately so everyone suffers. You need some new blood.

9. Summer Internship Program

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Very nice people. Work was not too demanding. Was given all necessary materials.

Cons

Sometimes work was dull. Internship was still very young and not fully developed.

TSYS rating

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

Good team members and facility

Cons

MAnagament, pay, and politics, playing favorites

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Great place to work in Columbus,ga

Cons

ex military management present, need to say yes sir

care middle level managers always