TSYS Reviews

209 reviews filtered by
3.4
TSYS CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods

Pros
  • work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to (in 26 reviews)

• There are good benefits and good people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset (in 6 reviews)

• some environments are on the 'good 'ole boy' program (in 6 reviews)

1. Great place to work

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at TSYS as a contractor

Pros

Everybody is helpful and nice

Cons

Hours are tough and the breaks are short

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

2. Associate Director

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Good pay, good benefits. TSYS is so large some departements are more enjoyable to work in than others.

Cons

Work people to the point of burnout. Constant oncall, very poor communication from Sr. Management. Executive Management communicates well, but the message does not trickle down, and Sr. Management does not necessarily endorse what Executives say.

Toxic environment

I worked at TSYS full-time

Pros

There are some sharp and friendly people on the team (worker bees).

Cons

Organizational structure and management style creates a toxic environment. Morale is very low, attrition is high. Favoritism is rampant, even though many of the "favorites" aren't necessarily the most competent. Micromanagement includes monitoring badge in/ badge out times. No opportunities for advancement or financial reward. Backstabbing/ dishonest/ no communication/ no trust. Do not recommend.

Advice to Management

Address the root cause of your attrition problem: Leadership. Stop micromanaging- treat professionals with honesty and respect.

5. Good Company

I have been working at TSYS

Pros

They treat you like family and try to help you.

Cons

Need to work more on the benefits; like vacation time.

A large company with bureaucracy bottlenecks that inhibit success.

Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Supportive manager
    Average salary for area

Cons

Too many reorganizations
    Upper management / leadership aren't progressive/innovative
    Some employees skate through the day while others work diligently to get the bulk of the work done

Advice to Management

Give more thought to reorganizations ... hire an expert firm to help!
    Let the fat go ... dead weight
    Eliminate unnecessary process workflows - hire strong talent, pay them well, and trust them to do their job

7. Overall, it was an okay place to work.

I worked at TSYS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty good benefits offered, an easy commute, great people to work with, a lot of learning experiences, and a well balanced work-life ratio.

Cons

I don't really have anything to say negatively about this company. Everywhere that you work has it's flaws but none really stood out enough to talk about.

How can a company this successful be so backward? Alpharetta office, I get the feeling things are better in Columbus.

Former Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Excellent pay and top-notch benefits. Work/life balance is actually strived for

Cons

Was reassigned to 3 different teams and doing something completely different than what I was hired for in a 7 month span.

If you work on something to help you or the company out, better keep it to yourself or you'll have a handful of middle managers jumping in and trying to vulture your project from you including suddenly thinking they can give you deadlines and objectives despite knowing *NOTHING* about the technology, or even the project at all you are working on and THEN attempting to take the credit and in the most egregious case try to give the credit to one of their favored employees.. This is what drove me away in the end.

The existing technology stack is a mess. It's incredibly painful to do the simplest tasks. If two machines needs to communicate on the other side of a firewall it takes TWO WEEKS AT MINIMUM to get the request through. Hope you got all the information right the first time or else you gotta wait another two weeks.

Netnanny crap blocking legit sites like github. I was promised for 7 months I'd get access to Github, which we used a TON of tools that use it for their hosting, documentation and support. Never happened.

Terrible security policies straight from the 1990's. Three password attempts before an account lock? What brute force program is going to succeed in three attempts? This is only done to upset the employees (that was our joke anyway). This wouldn't be so bad except you have to change your password monthly, and there are arcane rules about special characters that are so complex you have to write it down. Completely ruining the point to begin with.

Everyone uses SCRUM but they all do it differently and so poorly that it just gets in the way. 30 minute standups, no backlogs, no story points. The one team I was on that SCRUM was actually a benefit, the team was dissolved and moved around the company just as we were starting to gel.

The fact that they had this strange pride about there being no possibility of career advancement was strange, to say the least.

Advice to Management

Please take 20 minutes and learn to SCRUM correctly. Middle managers please take a cue from the senior leadership and release your iron grips.

Stop hiring people for one thing and putting them in a different role, this happened a disturbing amount of times. Look at your turnover, realize you are mostly to blame for it.

9. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance, good people. Good choice of work location in Georgia. Lot to learn from software systems.

Cons

Not there yet in emerging technology but working hard. No bonuses. Going thru growing pains with international division.

10. Work environment

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Good work life balance. Family oriented.

Cons

Lack of Accountability from some team members

Advice to Management

N/A

11. Summer Internship Program

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Very nice people. Work was not too demanding. Was given all necessary materials.

Cons

Sometimes work was dull. Internship was still very young and not fully developed.