TSYS

Updated January 29, 2015
3.4

TSYS CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods

Pros
  • work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to (in 26 reviews)

• There are good benefits and good people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset (in 6 reviews)

• some environments are on the 'good 'ole boy' program (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It's been a great experience. I work on a with wonderful team members and we have a wonderfil management team.

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pretty much everything. Management works hard to make sure that we maintain a healthy work/life balance. The company is undergoing a pay restructure process to get company salaries competitive. TSYS is very involved in improving the community.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of. Perhaps even HIGHER salaries :)

You are on the right track. Thanks for valuing your employees. I really feel like I work for a company that cares about me. Thanks!!!

Great

I worked at TSYS

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

No cons to say about this company.

N/A

Great company, everybody works as a Team player in every process or business project, no is left out in the process when it come getting done..

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's help avalable, as a team player, everyone is a key part in the company over all goals to getting the work done..

Cons

If your not a Team player, then your isolating yourself...

Continue to promote TeamPlayers and have Great Team Leaders..

Best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Systems Software Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Software Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

First company that I have ever worked for where I want to show up on Monday morning! I've been with TSYS for over a year and it truly is a great place to work. The amount of training that they have available to us is unbelievable. Learning my job is difficult because they don't teach mainframe in college too much anymore, but with all of the classes that I have taken it has made learning everything I need to know a lot easier to grasp.

Cons

I honestly haven't found any.

N/A

Very pleased so far.

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TSYS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I came from a company that was hands on, micro manage. Everything was Monday morning quarterbacking. I've only been here a brief time but this is like night and day. I feel like I'm now working for a company that not only trust you but is there anytime you have a need, want or question. Everyone I've met so far is willing and able to help you succeed. The pay may not be the best in this industry but to fix that just go sell something. I could not be happier working for another company so far. I hope my attitude never changes.

Cons

I have no cons yet. Management and every team member I've met so far are great. Everybody has a good positive attitude.

Keep up the good work.

Great company to work for, especially when making the transition from military to civilian life.

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everything is hit or miss, but this has been a great experience so far. There are good benefits and good people here. People seem to genuinely enjoy coming to work. The salary is fair with the potential for raises based on performance. Training is available and encouraged for new hires, especially those unfamiliar with this industry. There is great work/life balance (your experience will vary based on position, of course) so far, and managers are very conscious that people need time away from work.

Cons

There can be stress based on your position and your level of interaction with clients. There is training offered to familiarize hew hires with the payments industry, but it sometimes falls short when explaining the technical aspects, especially for people without a technical background. It can also take quite a while to develop the knowledge and experience to understand the exceptionally complex processes the payments industry employs. Personal and career growth can be elusive for those extremely unfamiliar with this industry.

Continue focusing on people-centered payments, where people are your employees as well as your clients.

Excellent job security in a market where financial institutions are perforning routine lay-offs. Ethical culture.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Job Security; however, salaries are not competetive so there is a trade-off, Opportunity to gain cross functional experience in many areas of the Card Issuing Business that would be impossible to gain outside a very small Financial Institution. . Our Info Security Team is top notch and although restrictions may sometimes feel excessive I feel those constraints are well worth the inconvenience for the sake of protecting data. The culture is such that doing the right thing for the client and end customer is always supported.

Cons

The opportunity to manage teams is not given to those who telecommute full time as management does not believe teams can be successfully managed when tgeographically dispersed. The culture of the company, top to bottom, is such that they do not adapt to new technologies such as WebEx, Live Meeting, etc. to bring together teams working from various locations. Over reliant on face to face meetings internally and with clients. There are peak periods where a lot of extra hours could be required. Desirable leadership positions are often based on personal friendships or family relationships rather than qualifications

The executive management teams are really good people that believe in doing the right thing. However, they need to collaborate better with one another and look for solutions that better the organization - not necessarily grow a particular division. This requires good conflict management. The biggest handicap to this is that our executive team shares a southern culture in which iopen confrontation is considered impolite.. They frown on open conflict resolution and as a result important decisions are significantly delayed.

A people focused company. TSYS cares about its employees and clients.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is always room for growth. If you are a committed, hardworking individual you will find an area that you are passionate about at TSYS and will enjoy coming to work every day,

Cons

Always lots of work. I see this as a good problem!

Culture of The Heart Has Never Changed

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees well being is foremost and considered over work. There is a lot of opportunity to grow. The open door policy goes all the way to Troy Woods the CEO.
    The people that work in the company feel more like family than co-workers. I have been in Corporate America and this company no matter how big still cares about the little guy and our clients.

Cons

Communication can be slow at times getting it out to everyone and the other con is that the employees equipment is the latest technology and you think it would be if we are a technology company.

Don't ever lose what we are able to do for individuals in need as that is our best charector trait.
    Keep doing what is right for the client, company, and employee because we have core values
    Let's look at investing in the latest tools that are of course security is in place but we follow our clients and we should be leading.

Fast paced, great learning experiences, overall good company to work for.

Former Employee - Collections in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Collections in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, bonuses, secure work environment, excellent training.

Cons

Lack of knowledgeable supervisors and some favoritism. Company does not like when an employee files FMLA . Did not have empathy regarding my severely ill toddler. Had to request my 90 day review several times and did not get in until I was there almost a year. Hard to get raises even if you are the best on the team.

Supervisor should be monitored better. System should be in place that holds supervisors responsible if employee assessments are not done in a timely manner. Also do not pay new inexperienced employees more than what you are paying the person that has experience and is training them