TSYS Reviews

Updated October 16, 2014
3.7

TSYS CEO Troy Woods
Troy Woods

Pros
  • work life balance is something the company actually pays attention to (in 25 reviews)

• There are good benefits and good people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • As my time at TSYS progressed, it became quite evident that this is a 'good ole boy' company, stilling operating in a 1980s mindset (in 6 reviews)

• some environments are on the 'good 'ole boy' program (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast paced, great learning experiences, overall good company to work for.

Former Employee - Collections in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Collections in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, bonuses, secure work environment, excellent training.

Cons

Lack of knowledgeable supervisors and some favoritism. Company does not like when an employee files FMLA . Did not have empathy regarding my severely ill toddler. Had to request my 90 day review several times and did not get in until I was there almost a year. Hard to get raises even if you are the best on the team.

Supervisor should be monitored better. System should be in place that holds supervisors responsible if employee assessments are not done in a timely manner. Also do not pay new inexperienced employees more than what you are paying the person that has experience and is training them

A people focused company. TSYS cares about its employees and clients.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is always room for growth. If you are a committed, hardworking individual you will find an area that you are passionate about at TSYS and will enjoy coming to work every day,

Cons

Always lots of work. I see this as a good problem!

Culture of The Heart Has Never Changed

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees well being is foremost and considered over work. There is a lot of opportunity to grow. The open door policy goes all the way to Troy Woods the CEO.
    The people that work in the company feel more like family than co-workers. I have been in Corporate America and this company no matter how big still cares about the little guy and our clients.

Cons

Communication can be slow at times getting it out to everyone and the other con is that the employees equipment is the latest technology and you think it would be if we are a technology company.

Don't ever lose what we are able to do for individuals in need as that is our best charector trait.
    Keep doing what is right for the client, company, and employee because we have core values
    Let's look at investing in the latest tools that are of course security is in place but we follow our clients and we should be leading.

Flexible company with a good future, but career advancement can be difficult.

Current Employee - Business Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

TSYS encourages work/life balance by offering flexible work arrangements including remote work, alternative work hours, and job sharing. I'm able to work from home if my child is sick or I'm waiting on a repairman, etc. The benefits are good, but I wish maternity leave was longer than the minimum 6 weeks required to meet FMLA regulations. There is a childcare subsidy through the company's partnership with Bright Horizons. Overall, it's a great company if you have a family. TSYS is an industry leader, and I'm confident about the future of the company.

Cons

Upper level positions are occupied by people who have been with the company from its start 30 years ago. There is no overall effort to find and develop young talent. You really have to be lucky or know the right people to make the jump to leadership from being an individual contributor.

Promote due to talent and potential, not simply due to time with the company or "who you know." Women and minorities could be better represented in the top level of leadership. Seems to be a "good ole boy" club at the top.

Great people, great location, slow advancement

Current Employee - Technical Writer Specialist in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer Specialist in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TSYS basically defines job security: so long as you're not a jerk and you more or less do your job, you will eventually reach a place that seems a lot like tenure, in which you cannot get fired. They also value work life balance quite a bit, so having kids and working at TSYS works out well.

Cons

On the downside, that tenure thing has filled the company with a lot of dead weight: people who don't work that hard, don't push or challenge, and actively prevent any kind of change. Compensation is pretty terrible.

Take a good hard look at the people at the bottom of the chain. Stop promoting hard workers into management and leaving the roles that actually do the work filled with people who are just waiting on retirement.

Great company to work for, but like any large employer it does have some idiosyncracies.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company is proud of it's family-like culture, has a great reputation in the industry, and does have good facilities. Good room for growth through excellent training opportunities, and room for advacement if you are willing to move from job-to-job. Plenty of travel available, in the right positions. Southern charm.

Cons

Typical southern good-ole-boy mentality is alive and well, although diminishing a bit. Compensation is not up to industry standards, but good for the area. Communication throughout the ranks could be better, but that is probably a con for almost all large companies.

Improve communication and keep your words trustworthy. Look at issues with open eyes and minds, less assumptions.

TSYS is a great company, providing wonderful benefits for it's team members!

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company values each team member. Team members and management treat each other like family. We rally together during the good times and during the bad times.

Cons

Keeping up with the fast pace. Clients need everything immediately, but we as consumers have created that mindset. We want everything now and perfect!

Great pay for young people

Former Employee - Chargeback Specialist in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Chargeback Specialist in Columbus, GA

I worked at TSYS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are very reasonable, Pay rate is good for young people in their mid 20's or early 30's

Cons

lack of assistance from your leadership, too many rules

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Software Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Software Analyst Senior in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working for TSYS because of the opportunities that have been presented to me over the course of my career (which is a little over 7 years)

Cons

Some of the main challenges, which TSYS is trying to overcome are the encapsulation of the different teams. There still seems to be "silo" type of mentality.

Very Satisfied. No Place is Perfect.

Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at TSYS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

TSYS has a very family-focused culture and people here genuinely care about each other. We do a lot of community outreach and are an employer of choice in our corporate headquarters.

Cons

We've grown globally very quickly and are in an increasingly regulated and security-plagued industry. We take extreme measures to secure our data, which can cause frustrating delays in being able to complete your work. Tools that you can easily get and use outside of our walls are simply not allowed.

Keep the culture alive and maintain your focus on people AND results. If the people are taken care of, the results will come.