TTI of USA

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lisa Kennedy

Very good and professional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood service, supportive personnel, cooperative for non-resident type work situations/sponsorships.

Conslimited projects/client contacts, not enough support for growth

Disgruntled people spending too much time writing reviews that are unsubstantiated instead of working.

Chief of Staff (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWork life Balance
    Environment
    People
    Tremendous opportunities for growth

ConsNo Cons that come to mind. TTI does everything possible to afford our staff the opportunity to make $$.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement continue to hold people accountable.

Hopefully they will be shut down soon

IT Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe location was good. easy commute as someone who lives outside Manhattan.

ConsBad place. Poor executive profiles. President is a very angry and unhappy person. Her lead person who calls herself Chief of Staff has serious personal issues. No one stays past 6 months unless you have no where else to go. Not a good place for minorities saw a great recruiter get terminated last month. And they are always asking you to accept a different pay structure from what you originally sign on for.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey really need to go to ground zero. They call this place a staffing company but the CEO and her cronies break all the rule daily. Amazed they haven't been sued yet. Leaving soon......

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay far away

IT Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsYou get a base paycheck and meet new people. It's not in a bad location, but you have to pay a lot for parking; which they don't reimburse.

ConsThey lie to get you to work for them and then hit you with ridiculously high expectations once you start...none of which they tell you upfront. If they had, you would of not accepted the job. The management are two-faced liars that pretend to have your best interest in mind, all while they are talking about you behind your back to their bosses trying to get you fired. Very unprofessional. Definite favoritism going on. They keep low producing employees that slack off and are late to work on a daily basis all while giving people who are obviously trying really hard a hard time. You are threatened weekly. It is very disorganized and chaotic. The turnover is bananas. They are constantly changing the commission structure to make you less and less money if you do get a placement; which is hard because their sales team sucks. They are extremely picky and rarely present your candidates to the managers. I got quite a few people I submitted rejected for stupid reasons and found out after I no longer work there that at least three of them got hired for the client in the same role by another firm! They not only lost me money, but themselves money as well. Yet they try to make it seem like everyone that doesn't make it there or who quits are bad recruiters. No they are just a bad company with very little structure. Stay away.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people better. Stop playing favorites. Get some structure. Stop changing commission structures, makes you look like a shady company. Start giving your employees real ongoing training. Be honest about all expectations upfront with metrics and dials, etc. Hire new sales people that are actually good at building relationships.

Two-bit, boiler room of a chop shop recruiting agency.

(Former Employee)

Pros+They hire anyone and everyone with a pulse (this is also a con, see below). Meaning that if you need a job, need to get into the business, or that you have previous experience you want to get some recruiting experience, work here until you find something better.

+Work life/balance (there is a flip-side to this, see below) is pretty good. Standard 8.30-5/6pm workday. No staying late with these guys.

+ Good and steady VMS contract work and clients. If you wind up in that division, you can make a lot of placements and good money.

+ You will work with some cool and friendly people over which you'll bond over the vicious treatment of its CEO.

Cons-The previous reviews are spot on about the abrasive, immature, incompetent, and unprofessional antics of the CEO, who as a result, is running the company into the ground, burning bridges with clients and employees. What's worse is that she is surrounded by management that are "yes-men" to everything she does instead of questioning and challenging her behavior.

- As a result, things are not going very well there. TTI Diversity/Training is officially dead as that NYC office is closed down. All of their employees are now crammed into their one single, crammed, hot office.

- Things in their Charlotte location are not going so well either as the turnover there is extremely high and business down there is slow, but yet she continues to sink money and time in that office instead of into a bigger office or better resources.

- Its a sink or swim, throw you to the wolves, environment. As soon as you start, they will demand and expect a lot from you immediately in very little time, or you're out immediately. As in one or two months max. There really isn't much of training as the manager in charge of such "training" is certainly not fit for the job.

- Petty favoritism and nepotism is rife. If certain managers like you, they will go out of their way to ensure your success, no matter how much of a low performer or worker you are. The exact opposite happens if you get on their bad side.

-Extremely high turnover. There is hardly anyone there, including some of the managers, have been there longer than a year. The recruiters that are there are not at all happy with the way things are going and with the management, especially of course, the CEO.

- They are not very good recruiters as they seem to have a poor grasp of the industry. For example, they use job board candidates better fit for contract roles for full time perm positions, and refuse to invest in LinkedIn. They have poor relationships with their clients, as in very little to non-existent manager contact, and do an even poorer job selling and positioning candidates to them.

- As a result, perm submittals and placements are very low. If you're on the perm side, expect not to make any good commission for a long time. If not ever.

- They do let you out of the office early, but there is a catch: you have to work from home, evenings and weekends. They do and will scold you for not doing so.

- The "they will hire anyone and everyone" means that you will work with some truly odd and unprofessional people who have no business working in an office with other people. Let alone recruiting.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to stand up to the CEO who needs to seriously needs to have a better grasp at management and recruiting.

Things are going south, good people leaving

Operations (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThere really are few other than the Charlotte office' proximity to my home.

ConsI work in Charlotte for TTI and have been here for about 7 or 8 months. If I said that things are erratic here, it would be an understatement. The owner regularly comes down and berates us for not growing things fast enough, though we have gone from zero people billing out of this office to more than thirty in less than six months (the first two were spent setting up systems, office space, etc.). It feels like we may be supporting the New York office (which is really the only other location they have, in spite of the name). Recently, email was taken down for legal discovery (this from one of the IT guys in the New York office). Numerous personnel changes over the last few weeks and lately the owner / president / CEO has been completely missing from day-to-day things. She drinks far too much when we go out with customers, and makes promises that sound desperate. We had a payroll run miss a ‘couple of weeks ago and while it was fixed within a day, the seeds of doubt as to the financial health of the firm continue to be planted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making promises that you know cannot be delivered on and let us do our job. There is good money to be made here, but a New York work style does not play well. Also, don't let the financial issues from your other firm affect us. we are trying to be successful for you.

TTI of USA Chief of staff responded to this review

Mar 31, 2014

Not one of these statements is true on this review. This is obviously a disgruntled person who wants to discredit the company. Total inaccuracies and inappropriate statements. The person that ... More

Making Great Strides!

ProsTTI is a company that is growing! TTI has made significant changes and adopted new philosophies to exceed our clients expectations while continuing to strive for excellence in a challenging fast paced environment. We pride ourselves on being a value added partner. I am both proud and privileged to be working for such a dynamic organization. TTI coaches, mentors and encourages the staff to learn and grow together.

ConsNone to speak of

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing the vision!

Questionable business practices abound

Perm Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLocation is easy to get to for those who rely on mass transit.

ConsReports of cash flow issues and consultants not being paid have made me question whether this is a good place to be any more. We are being asked to look at whether we can accept a slightly lower base salary as the owner seeks to recoup some funds lost on a gambit made into a diversity practice. I came here after retiring from a large investment company to make money as a headhunter, so my business is safe. However, if you are looking to get into this business, this is NOT the place to come. Expansion into other locations such as Charlotte to service customers is not working, and we see less and less of the owner. When she is here, lots of yelling and screaming.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on selling and bringing in new business, hire someone who is actually capable of training folks how to recruit and sell; stop managing by fear.

Run don't walk (unless you are independently wealthy)

IT Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsHighly entertaining and my salary check gets direct deposited.

ConsThe owner has been spending more and more time out of the office or behind closed doors yelling at people than is healthy. What is going on here? The TTI Diversity experiment is officially a failure (word has it that $2 million was spent on that fiasco) and I learned from someone who used to work here that we are about to lose one of our largest accounts. I have residuals from other placements that I have made outside of here and I’m happy to collect my base while I ride this ship down. Run, don’t walk from here!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might want to just start all over again... I hear there are major problems afoot. I hear because the walls are so thin.

Nice base. No comm

Recruiter (Former Employee)

ProsLocation, location, location... Financial district

ConsPlenty of VMS work- very little direct manager contact. Very high turnaround- people come and go. Seen someone work 2 days and never come back. Discouraging.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, be kind and open to ideas.

Worked for TTI of USA? Contribute to the Community!