TUI Travel

Be The First To
Add Photos

TUI Travel CEO Peter Long

Peter Long

Pros
  • Being able to move around the world to different locations is fantastic(in 3 reviews)

• international working environment(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Brands and different companies under main holding company tended to be convoluted(in 4 reviews)

• Firstly location (Luton - need I say more)(in 4 reviews)

Creatively crushing

Designer (Former Employee)

ProsThere seems to be some good recruitment where talented individuals are hired who bring knowledge, big ideas and are always a good laugh. Industry as a whole is interesting and there's a lot of potential to experiment with new ideas and technology.

ConsOld school view of how a company should run. Minimal acceptance for anything new.
    Too many 'no' people.
    People always want something new and exciting yet seem terrified of doing anything different when it comes down to it. "Doing the same thing over and over yet expecting different results".
    Most ideas are trampled on.
    Always 'something' better on the horizon to appease concerns but concerns are never quite addressed.
    Little development, education or training. Minimal investment in staff.
    High turn-over of staff - Quickly lose those talented individuals.
    Politics get in the way of everything, you just can't get anything done without every level having their input (sometimes felt like people would say something for the sake of it).
    Blame culture.
    Little time given to do a good job before something else needs to be done yesterday.
    A very top heavy structure with little support for those towards the bottom.
    Seems to be lots of talk but no action. Resulting in another meeting.
    Quite often low moral.
    Ideas/Strategy seems to change as it comes down the chain of command which is confusing. Being told one thing my the most senior staff but direct management are relaying something different - occasionally the opposite?!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust those talented people you have hired to do their specialist job. Things might actually pick up if you allow people to exercise the ideas they have from time to time. Respect the fact that new ideas might fail but if something is learnt then it has been a success - allow the staff to know its ok to fail. Visibility of a sound strategy would be helpful. Invest in your staff. Invest in the culture.

Wonderful product, passionate co workers, hierarchical organisation

ProsFun product (holidays), great co workers

ConsMedium level salaries, unmature HR

Great learning experience

Online Marketing and Sales Internship (Former Employee) Düsseldorf (Germany)

ProsThe senior management was very supportive in its directions and in the leadership approach. Hierarchies are rather flat, which makes it possible to have your say in decisions.

ConsCareer development and perspectives for young talents should be put a stronger focus on by senior management, in order to keep employees motivated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

TUI Travel. The leading travel and tourism corporation

ProsGreat learning of modern management in a multinational

ConsInternal politics, salary and benefits low

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructuring is common at TUI, so if stability is what you want, maybe not your kind of employer

Good company to start with.

Product Executive - Spanish Market (Former Employee) Palma (Spain)

ProsMulticultural enviroment, wonderful Christmas parties, well known and reputable company, the business is growing every year, competitive salary.

ConsYou feel like you are a number.

Good company and travel

ProsMeet new people, travel, fun, good team

ConsSelling excursions, and guiding some excursions

Depends what you are looking for

Purchaser (Current Employee) Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Prosgreat work life balance
    healthy working environment & good people

Conscompensation
    location (Luton or Crawley)
    company seems to be in the need of more structure & organisation

Advice to Senior Managementreconsider the pay if you dont want to lose company's best people

A flexible, dynamic business with lots of opportunties to develop a career.

International Management Graduate (Current Employee)

Prosflexible, dynamic, many career opportunities, innovative and good company culture.

ConsDue to the nature of business, plans can change often and with short notice - need to be very flexible.

Fun for a while, but company far too big for its own good

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

ProsGood people to work beside

ConsLack of opportunity and driven but accountants.
    You are just a number

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your staff!!

Mixed bag

Product Manager (Current Employee) Luton, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, fun environment, outstanding travel benefits. Pay pretty good for travel industry and the brand is prestigious in the industry.

ConsLack of progression opportunities, particularly in between departments. Luton location rather sterile but they do their best to keep staff entertained despite being away from bright lights of London.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in people with dedicated training programmes and don't be short sighted and assume people want to stay in the same department for all their career

Worked for TUI Travel? Contribute to the Community!