TWD & Associates

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Larry A. Besterman

My experience working with TWD & Associates was fantastic.

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsTWD is a great company to work for. The employees are very courteous and helpful and you learn a lot in a very short period of time. The pay is very good and the opportunity for promotion is always available. Management maintains an open door policy to assist with any concerns that an employee may have.

ConsI did not have any challenges with working for TWD. The perks were excellent (health and life insurance benefits, 401K) and the there was no conflict with the work-life balance during my time there,

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice to management would be to maintain the strong team spirit that they have always shown toward their employees.

Just Okay...Not a Career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSalary and benefits are decent. Good company to start your tech career, but not long-term progression.

ConsManagement Style.
    Constant corporate change.
    Lack of Communication from Top down.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Overall it was very good.

Telecom Customer Service (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSupervisor did not mico-manage you. And encouraged you to further your education.

Cons....upper management makes questionable decisions, and depending on the contractor will not back their employees under their management.

Advice to Senior Managementcheck everything before you throw your people under the bus!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Insight On TWD & Associates Inc

ProsTWD & Associates Inc. will bend over backwards to assist there employees within contracts.

ConsTWD & Associates Inc. are not very good at fulfilling there promises.

Unforgettable

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood benefits such as 401K, FSA, health and dental and fair salary for most positions. Offers small tuition assistance and is an ESOP company. Not a bad place to start your career or gain experience in order to move on to a better position.

ConsPoor communications, little room for career advancement, lots of corporate dysfunction is administration is not consistent. Lots of changes in coworkers because people who are hired quit the company after a short time with the company. Lots of favoritism. Not a great place for women to advance their career. Loose language (profanity) used widely among senior management (unprofessional) and inconsistency in policy administration. Not all employees are held to the same standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the way you do business! There is a reason why other (Federal Contractor) companies who have been in business as long as you are 3x your size and continue to out grow you and out perform you.

Professional..and a lot of fun. I learned a lot.

Customer Services Specailiist (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAllows you to develop your career.

ConsHard time getting promoted due that is a small company

Advice to Senior Managementallow more cross training

A lot of work for the money

CWO (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe pay and benefits are great. We are given the freedom to do our jobs without the constant micro-management that many firm deal with.

ConsToo busy making the all mighty dollar instead of hiring extra people, paying current employees extra money to compensate for extra work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen the purse strings and hire some more people or pay us for the extra work!

Good company to start with, but no advancement

Technician (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSmall company, foot in the door for federal jobs, work schedule is stable (No over time). Every one nice. Senior Leadership Communication is fair. Work/Life Balance is good.I feel that Senior/JR. Leadership respect there employees . The Compensation & Benefits is fair,

ConsNo overtime, Small company (No room for Advancement) You feel stuck, your commute is very long. No subsidy for metro. HR staff is not very help full. No Recognition if you go above and beyond. No training, they talk a good game about training. just try to submit for training. it will just get turn down. If the federal gov shut down you have to take PTO and if shut down for long time no pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training (Not just talk about more training)

You get exactly what you pay for!

Project Manager and Above. (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsThe Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).

ConsWe are very competitive with our contracts so we bid low or at a discount meaning the salary levels are lower than the average.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management and above - There needs to be more communication to the lower management areas to pass down to their people. What about a weekly meeting? The executives need to visit sites more often to show face time. Offer better competitive benefits such as cell phone reimbursement for Project Managers and above. Offer more competitive salaries. You should pay your professionals. It will help business in the long run. We need to start being competitors with the larger companies. Stop low-bidding contracts to win them. It effects the type of people we hire which is why our retainability is so low. I cannot stress enough - you have to pay your professionals. Hire the best and our company will follow.

Worked for TWD & Associates? Contribute to the Community!