TWD & Associates Reviews

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014
3.4

Larry A. Besterman

My experience working with TWD & Associates was fantastic.

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at TWD & Associates full-time for less than a year

Pros

TWD is a great company to work for. The employees are very courteous and helpful and you learn a lot in a very short period of time. The pay is very good and the opportunity for promotion is always available. Management maintains an open door policy to assist with any concerns that an employee may have.

Cons

I did not have any challenges with working for TWD. The perks were excellent (health and life insurance benefits, 401K) and the there was no conflict with the work-life balance during my time there,

My only advice to management would be to maintain the strong team spirit that they have always shown toward their employees.

Just Okay...Not a Career

I worked at TWD & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are decent. Good company to start your tech career, but not long-term progression.

Cons

Management Style.
    Constant corporate change.
    Lack of Communication from Top down.

Listen to employees

Insight On TWD & Associates Inc

I have been working at TWD & Associates

Pros

TWD & Associates Inc. will bend over backwards to assist there employees within contracts.

Cons

TWD & Associates Inc. are not very good at fulfilling there promises.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall it was very good.

Former Employee - Telecom Customer Service  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Telecom Customer Service in Washington, DC

I worked at TWD & Associates as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Supervisor did not mico-manage you. And encouraged you to further your education.

Cons

....upper management makes questionable decisions, and depending on the contractor will not back their employees under their management.

check everything before you throw your people under the bus!

Unforgettable

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at TWD & Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits such as 401K, FSA, health and dental and fair salary for most positions. Offers small tuition assistance and is an ESOP company. Not a bad place to start your career or gain experience in order to move on to a better position.

Cons

Poor communications, little room for career advancement, lots of corporate dysfunction is administration is not consistent. Lots of changes in coworkers because people who are hired quit the company after a short time with the company. Lots of favoritism. Not a great place for women to advance their career. Loose language (profanity) used widely among senior management (unprofessional) and inconsistency in policy administration. Not all employees are held to the same standard.

Change the way you do business! There is a reason why other (Federal Contractor) companies who have been in business as long as you are 3x your size and continue to out grow you and out perform you.

Professional..and a lot of fun. I learned a lot.

Former Employee - Customer Services Specailiist  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Customer Services Specailiist in Washington, DC

I worked at TWD & Associates full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Allows you to develop your career.

Cons

Hard time getting promoted due that is a small company

allow more cross training

A lot of work for the money

Current Employee - CWO  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - CWO in Washington, DC

I have been working at TWD & Associates

Pros

The pay and benefits are great. We are given the freedom to do our jobs without the constant micro-management that many firm deal with.

Cons

Too busy making the all mighty dollar instead of hiring extra people, paying current employees extra money to compensate for extra work load.

Loosen the purse strings and hire some more people or pay us for the extra work!

Good company to start with, but no advancement

Current Employee - Technician  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at TWD & Associates

Pros

Small company, foot in the door for federal jobs, work schedule is stable (No over time). Every one nice. Senior Leadership Communication is fair. Work/Life Balance is good.I feel that Senior/JR. Leadership respect there employees . The Compensation & Benefits is fair,

Cons

No overtime, Small company (No room for Advancement) You feel stuck, your commute is very long. No subsidy for metro. HR staff is not very help full. No Recognition if you go above and beyond. No training, they talk a good game about training. just try to submit for training. it will just get turn down. If the federal gov shut down you have to take PTO and if shut down for long time no pay.

More training (Not just talk about more training)

You get exactly what you pay for!

Current Employee - Project Manager and Above.  in  Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager and Above. in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at TWD & Associates

Pros

The Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).

Cons

We are very competitive with our contracts so we bid low or at a discount meaning the salary levels are lower than the average.

Senior Management and above - There needs to be more communication to the lower management areas to pass down to their people. What about a weekly meeting? The executives need to visit sites more often to show face time. Offer better competitive benefits such as cell phone reimbursement for Project Managers and above. Offer more competitive salaries. You should pay your professionals. It will help business in the long run. We need to start being competitors with the larger companies. Stop low-bidding contracts to win them. It effects the type of people we hire which is why our retainability is so low. I cannot stress enough - you have to pay your professionals. Hire the best and our company will follow.

Worked for TWD & Associates? Contribute to the Community!