TWG Insurance

TWG Insurance Reviews

Updated May 8, 2014

TWG Insurance CEO Mark E. Jones

Mark E. Jones

Pros
  • The thing that sets TWG apart the most is the work environment(in 13 reviews)

• I wanted to be recognized for my hard work through promotions as quick as possible, and I wanted to learn sales(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Long Hours, Benefits are cheap, but can have limited coverage(in 11 reviews)

• The picture the recruiters paint is much different than the reality of life in the ranks of a call center(in 7 reviews)

Best company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThis company is young and vibrant and if you have a drive to succeed then you will see great benefits.

ConsThere is nothing negative about a career with TWG Insurance.

TWG Summer Account Executive Intern

Intern (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFun people to work with, young company

Consto much time spent training

Glad to be out of this company..best thing I ever did

(Former Employee)

Pros-You will meet some nice people here

-The company does do fun events from time to time such as dodge-ball tournaments, BBQ, fancy holiday party

-Office space is nice and breakfast was provided every week

-Some people have flexible schedules where they are out of the office more and able to set their own schedule

-Sometimes during hot periods the company will let you wear shorts or have theme days

-Casual Fridays

Cons-Compensation is ridiculous- the company hired a lot of people right out of college who don't realize how little they are making and killing themselves to do so

-Long hours expected- they have a set schedule of hours 8-6 M-Th and 8-5 F. However, if you are there at 8 and not before its frowned upon. If you leave on time, its frowned upon. And lunch had better be 1 hour on the dot. There is no flexibility for 99% of employees

-A certain member of upper management is arrogant and sue happy- tons of employees who have left to go sell insurance have been hit with lawsuits- so be careful if selling insurance is something you want to do as a career (common knowledge within the company.) This person likes to refer to anyone who leaves the company as barnacles on his TWG ship- talks a lot of trash about those who leave the company anytime he wants- company staff meetings, the hallway, etc.

-Lots of immature people and drama- they hire right out of college, so its not a shock but this company does not have the maturity of other organizations

-Company definitely plays favorites and its no secret who those favorites are, as a result there are a lot of double standards and promotions that don't always make sense

-Lots of egos in this company

-Company also has people go in and post positive reviews- this is done regularly- so be careful if you are basing your decision off of only the positives

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees and manage turnover. There's a reason so many people come and go- and a lot of it has to do with the company culture and lack of respect for the employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of opportunity if you are willing to work for it

Account Executive (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsLike other insurance agencies, if you put in the work up front (the first three years or so), you get paid big dividends every year after. You can definitely make a lot of money within a few years and set yourself up for a cushy paycheck in the long-term. Also, you get the feel of managing your own clientele, which helps you build autonomy in your job as you progress in your career. The industry and this firm are very stable, so job security is high. The training program is very helpful and everyone at the company wants to help you succeed.

ConsEven in interviews, you are informed about how tough it is mentally to do well in this job. The learning curve coupled with the small paycheck at the beginning plus long hours don't add up to be worth it for a lot of people. If you have a vision of your priorities, stick to it through the ups and downs and you'll fare better.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the newer employees on the ground level, the ones who have been here 6 months to a year. They have a perspective that upper management and long-term employees don't and it's an important one.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best career decision I've made!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsTWG offers a chance for employees to make an immediate impact in the company. Management is open to new ideas and input from all levels of employees.
    Competitive pay and benefits.
    Fun work environment, including extracurricular activities once or more each week.

ConsNot necessarily a con, but you will be pushed hard. Longer hours than some other jobs, but nobody successful works 40 hrs/week.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop innovating and looking for ways to improve.

People here are awesome to work with and management maintains a steady vision of our personal and company goals.

Client Advocate (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsEnvironment, Salary, Company Events, Pay Structure, Co-workers and Management styles make this a great place to learn and grow within the company.

ConsOne may find themselves overwhelmed with all of the information that needs to be learned during training. One may also encounter themselves with late hours if one doesn't keep up with the day's work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo suggestions.

The Funnest Job I've Ever Had

Client Advocate (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsI love my current role with the company because of the atmospere that we get to work in every day. I love the people around me and we are always doing things to involve our front office with the sales and customer services teams.

ConsWe need more employees to help with the workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep On Keepin On.

Get in while you can

Account Manager (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsConstant growth opportunities, Open door policy with CEO, Outstanding training, Professional & Fun work environment, Top of the line technology and equipment, Warm leads handed to you on a silver platter, Pay based on meritocracy (con if you are not self motivated), healthy internal and external competition

ConsLong Hours, Benefits are cheap, but can have limited coverage

Advice to Senior ManagementI have yet to come in contact with another organization or group of people with the same outstanding work ethic as the leaders at TWG. Upper Management is compiled of a group of very intelligent business savvy individuals. Every move they make is thought out and predetermined. Keep it up!

TWG is a challenging job but has many rewards

Account Service Associate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsTWG has a great work enviroment. The atmosphere is very young and fun. The motto is work hard, play hard for a reason. The company strives to make sure that not only are we meeting and exceeding goals but also celebrating those sucesses along the way. The managers are very hands on and they care alot about their individual teams and also the company as a whole.

ConsTWG is a young company that is growing exceptionally fast and has alot of trial and errors to figure out best operations. It is a learning experience for everyone involved so not all of the ideas or procedures are easy or well liked but they listen to feedback and over the past 2 years the company has made efforts to make positive changes so the employee retention is at an all time high. If you are looking for an easy job TWG is not the place. It is a very challenging job but if you work hard and are committed there can be many rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain TWG is a learning experience for everyone involved so I do not have any exact feedback for management at the moment. They have really been listening and making the efforts to make sure their team is satisfied with their job.

They make all the right decisions, and are always guided by integrity

Sales (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Pros-Positive, fun, energetic work environment
    -Strong leadership team that makes the "right" decisions and truly cares about their employees
    -Many opportunities for growth

Cons-vacation time is 2 weeks accrued over time
    -hours go until 6, wish they went until 5

Worked for TWG Insurance? Contribute to the Community!