TWG Insurance

Updated September 19, 2014
4.1

TWG Insurance CEO Mark E. Jones
Mark E. Jones

Pros
  • The thing that sets TWG apart the most is the work environment (in 13 reviews)

• I wanted to be recognized for my hard work through promotions as quick as possible, and I wanted to learn sales (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Long Hours, Benefits are cheap, but can have limited coverage (in 11 reviews)

• You basically work in a glorified call center, so you are constantly getting phone calls (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Get in while you can

Former Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Constant growth opportunities, Open door policy with CEO, Outstanding training, Professional & Fun work environment, Top of the line technology and equipment, Warm leads handed to you on a silver platter, Pay based on meritocracy (con if you are not self motivated), healthy internal and external competition

Cons

Long Hours, Benefits are cheap, but can have limited coverage

I have yet to come in contact with another organization or group of people with the same outstanding work ethic as the leaders at TWG. Upper Management is compiled of a group of very intelligent business savvy individuals. Every move they make is thought out and predetermined. Keep it up!

They make all the right decisions, and are always guided by integrity

Current Employee - Sales in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Positive, fun, energetic work environment
    -Strong leadership team that makes the "right" decisions and truly cares about their employees
    -Many opportunities for growth

Cons

-vacation time is 2 weeks accrued over time
    -hours go until 6, wish they went until 5

Rapidly growing company with increasing possibility for advancement

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time

Pros

I enjoy the company atmosphere, specifically working with my team mates and coworkers. My manager is very understanding and flexible. I also enjoy my job duties, and appreciate the way the company helps me take on more responsibilities to advance my career.

Cons

When someone is out, the ratio of employee: job duties can be overwhelming.

I will begin and end my career at TWG

Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Fun and energetic culture, of like-minded individuals!
    -The people I work are the people I would rather associate myself with because of their desire to be great!
    -Limitless growth potential. I sincerely mean this when I say "Limitless"
    -Constant Improvement. You're manager and team will always find ways to improve. I like this because I'm a firm believer in never accepting mediocrity.
    -Great Leadership, I can't stress that enough. Our leaders running the company care more about their employees than any other company I've come across.
    -Flexible schedule. After I worked a couple years in the company, I now have the freedom to work more hours scheduled the way I need it.

Cons

When you start out you will probably work longer hours and make less money compared to your friends. It's a sales job, and there will always be hard times. With hard work, determination and TIME you will be success at this job.

Keep looking for ways to hire the right people. Recruitment is one of the most important aspects of any company.

Working at TWG is one of the best decisions I have ever made

Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

--Culture of extremely fun, high achieving people
    --Company that values integrity over revenue
    --Accelerated income opportunity for agents...this has always been good, but they have made some changes recently that will give the opportunity for top producers to earn even more
    --Job stability....if you have integrity. a good attitude, and produce enough to more than pay for yourself then you have just about 100% job stability
    --Great leadership running the company....again, this has always been good, but has drastically improved with the hiring of the new President & COO
    --Great learning opportunities....In a short time you will learn insurance, sales, marketing, management, recruiting, and more
    --Self actualization of improving peoples lives....TWG is providing a service that is really changing peoples lives. On a daily basis I am saving people hundred if not thousands of dollars, or I am helping people get better coverage in areas where they didn't realize how under covered they were.

Again, working at TWG has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. Coming out of college, I make way more money and enjoy my job more than I ever thought was possible.

Cons

The first year of this job is extremely difficult. You will probably work longer hours and make less money than many other jobs, but those that push through are rewarded for their efforts. Also, anyone in sales will tell you that pushing through the down times is tough. You will have bad days, weeks, months, but if you have the mental persistence to make it through, then you will be successful.

Keep looking for ways to get better. Keep extremely high standards for who we hire so that we don't dilute the DNA of the company.

TWG Insurance is the best place to work!

Current Employee - Current Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love TWG Insurance and I love my career. I come to work every day knowing that I am appreciated and that I work with some outstanding people. My manager and other employees are always thankful for my help. The employees here are smart, dedicated and professional. The management teams and corporate employees consistently provide knowledge and expertise to add value to the company and make things happen. I not only trust these people as savvy businessmen and women, but I also consider them to be good friends. The aspects of a career that matter to me most I have found within TWG and they are: knowing that my contributions are recognized and appreciated, working towards a good cause, great opportunities for advancement and increased responsibilities, good benefits, and higher than average compensation. I honestly don’t know where I would be if I didn’t work for TWG.

Cons

You will not have down time if you work here. With high expectations comes great responsibility and increased benefits. If you work hard, you will be able to play hard too.

I have no advice for upper management. These people know what they are doing and they make strategic decisions that have built the company into what it is today and what it will be tomorrow.

TWG is a Workplace Second to None- It has been a great experience.

Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Finance Assistant in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great environment- For the most part, everyone seems happy while at work. TWG does a great job recruiting young employees to come to work hard and are very easy to get along with. I have not come across a single employee that I have had any major problems with. Although the sales environment may feel a little tense and stressful, everyone seems to enjoy themselves while working together to create a successful company. The different executive, service, sales and finance teams are all well-organized, and are led by managers and directors that do a great job in motivating the team members to work hard, and even reward employees for different achievements and goals that they hit.

-Hours are great- For some, the hours may seem long, but I have personally enjoyed my schedule because I feel that when I am focused in on getting my work done, the time seems to fly by! My manager has actually helped work my schedule around some other obligations I have. I am very surprised by the amount of flexibility I have.

-Employee rewards/ Quarterly Activities- Corporate does a great job in recognizing and making known the successes of the company as a whole, as well as productive individuals. The CEO, does a great job in reflecting on the company's progress monthly, and sends emails out to the entire company thanking everyone for their hard work. I feel that he does a great job in trying to stay down on the employees' level, and seems to act as a coach to a team rather than a just a CEO to a big company. He talks as if he is working together with everyone to reach a goal. He constantly glorifies those who hit both company and personal goals, and rewards those individuals with cash incentives. Also, corporate sponsors quarterly activities that are a great way to bring the company together for some team-building fun. For example, the company has started annual dodgeball and volleyball "deathmatches". In addition to these activities, the company also has a massive Christmas party to reward employees for working hard throughout the year.

-Company success- TWG has boomed as other companies have fallen during this recession. Many companies have had to make massive lay-offs, but TWG has continued to expand, and has even been able to open up a franchise. Employees at TWG have the luxury of having a secure job where they don't have to worry about lay-offs, because the company has shown its strength as it has begun to become an economic powerhouse.

-The company brings in breakfast (donuts and bagels) on Fridays !

Cons

-The sales environment may seem a little stressful, as any other sales job would. Some employees are put into a probationary period if they are unable to produce and benefit the company.

-Expectations are high. If you are not willing to work hard and put time and effort into your job, TWG is not for you. Directors and managers expect that you will be able to work hard and produce results.

-The majority of compensation for most is based on commission, meaning you will only make as much as you sell. If you cannot produce, you may be disappointed when your paycheck comes around.

-Some people may be asked to work weekends if they are behind on their sales. Although this may extend their hours in the workweek, it can help boost their amount of commission coming in at the end of the month.

-Personality is a fairly big part of this job. If you are a sales agent or a service associate and you cannot handle talking on the phone with people, or are unable to relate to clients, you may find that you have a hard time being productive.

Continue to reflect on company progress and make sure to communicate the successes with the employees. Everyone loves hearing that their work has been paying off and that it is appreciated. I feel that compensation could be a little bit better, but I still feel that TWG is a great place to work. Continue to run TWG the way that you have because it is obviously working! This company's progress in its short time since its establishment is very impressive.

Fantastic company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at TWG Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company truly going places. It has a great team, is extremely well managed and led and has virtually unlimited growth potential. I am so pleased with my decision to join TWG. Management, starting with the CEO, invests time and money to help employees reach their full potential in whatever capacity they are working. Leaders truly care about the employees. The company is also managed with the highest level of ethical conduct and integrity. A truly outstanding company.

Cons

We work hard. But people at every highly successful company work hard. That is how you get ahead in life. If you are just interested in a job, TWG may not be the best place for you. If you are interested in developing a great career, you can't get any better than TWG.

Thank you for all you do for us. I appreciate it.

It was ok

Former Employee - Salesman in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Salesman in Colleyville, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I haven't worked there in years, but I guess the pro would be:

1) The folks you work with are young, college grads and very nice people
    2) You get a based plus commission salary
    3) You have benefits

Cons

Again, this was a while ago, but to join the site they make ya write a review, so based on past experience - Basically all the cons listed on here are true. Long hours, asked to work weekends, low pay unless you were there for a long time. As for the training - I fell through the cracks because I barely got any at the time. I knew other people who got alot more training and did better.

Stop writing reviews. Everyone who has worked for you in the past knows who's writing them. It's annoying to read such glowing reviews. It's a call center insurance job - period. Just be honest.

Insurance

Former Employee - Client Associate in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Client Associate in Colleyville, TX

I worked at TWG Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good, honest coworkers with OK benefits. Potential to move up the "corporate ladder" after a few years of strong skills results.

Cons

You need very strong sales skills and dedication in order to succeed.

Should be more upfront about the sales process - they downplayed it in the interview.