TXU Energy

Be The First To
Add Photos

TXU Energy Chairman & CEO Jim Burke

Jim Burke

Good company trying to be better

Dallas, TX

ProsManagement genuinely cares about the employees happiness and tries to foster a supportive atmosphere for person growth

ConsPerformance based culture is competitive and leaves very little time for other activities.

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, Benefits, co-workers, opportunities to grow, transfer or be promoted. Flexible work schedule, low stress and teamwork.

ConsLocation, some corporate pleasing instead of telling it like it is, some benefits have been reduced from years past.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure people get the tools to do the work and training

Nothing spectacular

ProsGreat people, enjoyable corporate events that are designed to bring the company together

ConsA lot of internal politics, very defined hierarchy

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Competitive pay and benefits,

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsThe company does a great job of keeping everyone aligned on upcoming news and being up front.

ConsLong hours and if you work for an average manager it can make your life extremely difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementTons of focus on professional development, without compensation for additional training.

Don't bother apply if you do not know a manager or are White. Tons of favoritism all about.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI don't know. It is very hard to pinpoint why this place was a waste of time.

ConsToo much favoritism
    Not enough diversity
    Promotions go to the whitest or friends of managers
    Do not promote from within, prefer to choose from external candidates before experienced people

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. You have managed to run your company into bankruptcy! Keep up the good work!

A Horrible Company That's the Old Boys' Club and Discourages Any Creative Thinking

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsThe job is stable, there are some catered company lunches, towel service and a dinky exercise room (no weights, just some old machines).

ConsManagement continuously violates employment laws by calling employees during personal time off and/or making them work. Expect to work long grueling hours, not be paid well and be yelled at every day. The company is full of finger pointing and blaming people for not getting work done, instead of working together and actually doing work. Management professes to develop associates but will deny training to those who aren't in the "in" crowd. The company also heavily pressures you to donate and contribute to the United Way, whose CEOs have been found guilty of embezzling funds. The company also has promoted a few minorities into management positions but, as an African American, I can tell you that there is still open discrimination. Management will also hamper your career opportunities and promote their friends. If they don't like you, regardless of your performance review, they will stop you from getting a job on another team. For non-management, senior level management is off limits and managers openly discourage you from

Advice to Senior ManagementHold managers accountable. Practice open door policies. You're a Texan company - practice Texan values of courtesy and politeness. Get with the 21st century and fire some of the dinosaurs who've lived in the company since before humanity.

Not Fun

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIts the largest retail energy provider in texas

ConsBoring environment, employees are not happy and for the most part are rude. There was only 4-5 people I met at the company that were nice to me. The ones with good attitudes seem to move up very quickly though.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the organizational culture

I like working for txu

ProsGood friendly environment, good compensation

Consthe company is in deep debt

OK company to work for

Manager - Marketing (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGood benefits, good bonus structure, average salary range

ConsBad people on key leadership positions (focused on managing up, but not caring for their colleagues or direct reports). Promotions seem random; not everyone is treated the same.

It' demanding and full of surprises,some known and some unknown.

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsThey really care about their customers. And when it comes to their brand they are excited.

ConsNot realizing how much,some people did value this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever judge a person ,their is quality in ever person that is apart of a team. Everybody always bring something to the table be it good and or bad to show us how to get to the good.

Worked for TXU Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TXU Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TXU Energy CEO Jim Burke . All 53 reviews posted anonymously by TXU Energy employees.