TYCO Valves and Controls

www.tycovalves.com

TYCO Valves and Controls Reviews

3.5

Randall J. Hogan

Great company to work for before merger.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone worked together as a team. We worked hard and played hard

Cons

All companies go through their challenges after mergers. Tyco/Pentair is one of them.

Educational

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Seattle, WA

I worked at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Provided a solid opportunity for advancement

Cons

Occasional chaos created some job dissatisfaction.

Listen

Once great. Now fighting to stay alive

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Stafford, TX

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Too big to fail for now

Cons

No Quality control. No accountability for mistakes. Lower salaries and thus, poorer quality of employees. Very high turnover at all levels.

Start over

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

could be alot better, Oppressive. Forces employees out.

I worked at TYCO Valves and Controls

Pros

fast paced work, always something new

Cons

pushes you out before they have to make you permanent

Good basic employer

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Brisbane, CA

I worked at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good structures and systems in place

Cons

Too big-you can get lost

none really, they're probably left

This place is unorganized, unsafe, blind leading the blind and overall terrible.

Current Employee - Assembly Technician  in  Stafford, TX
    Current Employee - Assembly Technician in Stafford, TX

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are good. This is all they have, coming from someone who's other jobs have never had benefits.

Cons

Management is terrible, some supervisors here dont even have degrees, it's a place on who you know basis, new people teach new people, the procedures to build here are never followed, the safety aspect of our company is a joke, it's more on "oh yea we did this and this" people get injured so much now, it's a joke. Management never talks to each other, one tells you one thing and another tells you another, no one takes responsibility, if someone gets fired or leaves, they push the extra work on other employees. There hasn't been a new product in our line up in years, they made it a lean manufacturer and no one knows what there doing, people who work here are stuck here, there to old to leave or know they can't find another job. Management tells us everyday, "fine leave, no one else is hiring, scaring some people." they brought supervisors in who are yes men, the plant manager thinks ecerything is perfect and he's to bust to come check this place out. SAP (our new operating system) has slowed us down dramatically, we used to do 10x much work without it, but some idiot implanted that system, were spending billions on a new building for our warehouse. No one gets paid here, some people have been here 10 years and new hires are already making more than them. One guy gets paid $11 to paint, his average world wide is $16, he's been here 6 years I've heard. They don't listen to employees, there cheap on everything, no new tools, no new system processes, they let black belts make the decisions for your area in which they never worked in. Place is screwed up, no one takes an interest in there job, they just do the minimal and go home. Last note, the last few raises I've had, have been either nothing or under 10 cents, this is not a lie. Come and talk to the employees in stafford and find out for yourself.

None can be given, if there just like the ones here, they already know what's going on but there going to avoid it like the plague and just let it keep on rolling how it has been.

Great

Current Employee - Intern  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls

Pros

Pay is good, people are good.

Cons

The work is very boring.

Extra hours

Brilliant

Current Employee - Lab Tech  in  Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Lab Tech in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly people all working together, great atmoshere with good working conditions good chance for bonuses and overtime paid at a good rate

Cons

Nothing really just a bit cold in winter

Good

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer  in  Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at TYCO Valves and Controls full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tyco is very good company , Friendly Environment , it is Pentair having manufacturing facilities in Sharjah from Casting to End product such as valves

Cons

Sharjah from Casting to End product such as valves

Worked for TYCO Valves and Controls? Contribute to the Community!