Tableau Software Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.4
Christian Chabot

Pros
  • Great product with a large and enthusiastic user community (in 17 reviews)

• work life balance and culture are great (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing rapidly so there are some growing pains (office space, IT resources, etc (in 7 reviews)

• The company is going through all sorts of growing pains (in 10 reviews)

Amazing

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Love working at Tableau. Great culture, great people! Work is a lot of fun, plus I feel like the company actually cares about me.

Cons

Small workspaces - wish I had a cubicle. Would like more inter department collaboration. Nothing else negative. Trying to fill twenty words.

2. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great leadership, perks, and culture

Cons

Growing pains which include cultural shifts from hiring mediocre mid-level managers from other technology companies. There is also an ivory tower issue with development.

Advice to Management

How do we grow without loosing the culture that makes this company so great?

Lives up to the hype

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's hard to talk about Tableau because I sound like an infomercial. It may just be the group I'm in, but this place goes above and beyond to meet the employee needs. I'm challenged, encouraged, work on cool stuff, actually love the product, and find that it's hard to meet a co-worker you wouldn't want to join for drinks. I love it here and feel incredibly lucky to have found this place.

Cons

You work hard here, and there are a lot of company sponsored events. I consider this a pro, but if you really, really hate travel and hanging out with co-workers, you might not.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. I've job hopped quite a bit, and would like to keep this one for as long as possible.

Great leadership going Scale problems

Current Employee - Software Development
    Current Employee - Software Development

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Good leadership, challenging work environment

Cons

Scale problems, becoming political, Microsoft culture is creeping in.

I'd give it more like a 4.7

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time

Pros

Great culture. They are very understanding and forgiving. They want to watch you grow. The company will help you get where you need to be and help you work on your weaknesses. Employees are very nice and intelligent. Awesome benefits, fully stocked kitchen. All of their offices are in hot cities and in the hippest part of the cities.

Cons

So great benefits, culture, healthcare. One drawback is it looks like we are a few dollars underpaid. Also, they may need to blend their sales roles better.

7. It's great!

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, fun events, great people

Cons

Growing so fast, which can be painful, but also fun.

TSS

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time

Pros

Amazing company! They have amazing benefits and treat you well. They always have food and drinks for you to eat if you want for free!

Cons

I wish that they would up their base salary. Though their base salary is low, there are a lot of opportunities to grow with in the company because the company is growing so fast.

A mixed bag. Sales here is not for the faint of heart.

Current Employee - Sales Area Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Area Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time

Pros

Absolutely terrific Desktop product, fun and young energetic culture, great benefits, fully stocked kitchens, occasional catered lunches, fun internal company activities to mix things up, visionary CEO, very down to earth accessible management team, amazing company parties, this company is going places.

Cons

If you read all the reviews for Tableau you will see that the number one complaint is low pay, and it is 100% absolutely true. Base/commission is very low for this industry (competitor compensation easily 2x to 3x higher) especially when you consider the work you will be required to put in. Commission schedule is confusing and full of traps so make sure you ask to have it explained clearly to you before you start. Current revenue growth plan set by management is completely unsustainable and will result in front line sales team burn out and eventual turnover. Ever increasing sales team head count and territory size reduction is forcing sales reps to squeeze more out of less.

Advice to Management

Please, please, please pay your sales team a competitive salary. A LOT of employees I talk to are so frustrated about not making enough to pay their rent and cover their bills. You guys have started something really great here, this company has the potential to become the next Salesforce.com but you will never get there if you can't retain top talent due to low pay.

10. PC Review

Pros

Great culture, people, product. Valuable experience and training.

Cons

Intense focus on selling and becoming a 'billion dollar company'

11. Great team on an important mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tableau Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Explosive growth off the back of a revolutionary product suite and great leadership team. Most people are passionate about data and empowering knowledge workers around the globe to answer questions and explore their world for the greater good.

Cons

High risk is a high reward, so to keep pace it's a large personal commitment which can bleed into other aspects of your life, but most people understand the commitment coming in and leverage the hard work for career advancement and rapid skill building

Advice to Management

As the company expands its important to continue to find exciting projects and continued growth not just look outside for new successes.

RSS Feed </> Embed