Tableau Software

www.tableausoftware.com

Tableau Software Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Christian Chabot

Pros
  • You work with a great product and people who are intelligent and motivated(in 13 reviews)

• Work-life balance is great and hours are very flexible(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I am honest, I can not think of any, except that our company is growing rapidly and that's a pro(in 5 reviews)

• We are experiencing the normal growing pains of a fast growing company(in 8 reviews)

Working at Tableau, was a dream come true. I'm proud to be in this team of super cool and professional people.

Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsOffice culture, teamwork, training, benefits, coverage

ConsNothing major.. I'm just writing since it's necessary to "enter at least 5 words for Cons"

Awesome company, awesome product, awesome position

Product Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat culture. Laid back yet productive. Really fun software to work with.

ConsSalary on the lower side.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease compensation

Amazing Company, Really Takes Care of Employees

Product Consultant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe benefits are really good, free food in the kitchen, often catered meals. They care very much about you as an important part of the team and take a lot of interest in your professional development. I cannot think of a better way to start my career than working at Tableau.

ConsThe salary is usually lower than other companies, but again, the benefits make up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, don't let the ball drop.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

ProsGreat benefits, good work life balance and fun people

ConsGrowing pains, attracting talent is tough after the IPO

3 years in sales

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBest product in the industry, awesome team to work with, great benefits especially if you're in a city with an office. Everyone is motivated and eager to perform at their highest ability.

ConsWeak matching 401K, if promoted from within you're not rewarded/paid same as if you were hired from outside the company, so you're better off to quit, then rehire months later to get the salary/compensation you deserve/that's competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery early employees were paid handsomely via IPO, many who have contributed over the last few years deserve recognition. RSU's are nice, but company needs to realize the "IPO" attraction/incentive is gone and employees to be motivated in other ways (competitive salaries, higher RSU's, higher 401K match, etc).

Enterprise Sales Area Manager

Enterprise Sales Area Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat benefits, stock options (4 yr vesting), free food. Great product.

ConsVery poor compensation/base pay. Opposite of transparent commission structure. Morale is very low. Management has no management experience, which is very prevalent when sales are slow, masked when sales are good.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart with a strong base salary and talent will come. The allure of free food & fun culture wears off when it's time to pay the bills each month. Continue to make a great product because it will have to sell itself when your sales team jumps ship.

A company that is an absolute blast to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCULTURE - Tableau's is one of a kind. Energetic, collaborative, fun, and positive. Everyone working together on the same mission and having a great time while doing so.
    PEOPLE - smart, ambitious, friendly
    PRODUCT - game changer in the BI industry with tremendous growth ahead
    CUSTOMERS - extremely passionate about Tableau
    EXECUTIVES - intelligent, transparent, driven towards the company mission, dynamic, and motivating

Other tidbits - Tableau knows how to throw fantastic parties and every office also has a fully stocked kitchen for breakfast and lunch. You name it, the kitchen likely has it! (Some departments even have juicers and margarita makers.)

By far the best company I've ever worked for.

ConsOnly "con" I can think of would be potential growing pains from all the growth Tableau is going through right year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain company culture and transparency within the org.

Review

Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat company to work and advance in their careers. There work highly professional people with great enthusiasm and dedication. The company does a lot of good things to improve employees' knowledge. I would recommend this company to the highest rating.

ConsI have not seen in the cons of this company.

Amazing product, team, and benefits

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsYou're working with the best of the best. Incredibly smart people moving at an extremely fast pace. The benefits are fantastic, and the product is going to change the world.

ConsSalary is far below elsewhere, that is understood coming to Tableau. Many people take job/pay cuts to join this world class team. However, at some point they will need to up the base of many employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep promoting internally and making sure the product at the heart of everything we do.

Respectful employee centric culture that nourishes an innovative get it done attitude

Software Manager (Current Employee)

Prossmart people
    considerate senior mgmt
    great onboarding and training program

Consdigesting employee growth of last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementProcesses and systems need to scale
    Need to adapt culture with growing size

Worked for Tableau Software? Contribute to the Community!