Tacit Knowledge

Tacit Knowledge Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Tacit Knowledge CEO Chris Andrasick

Chris Andrasick

The best company I've worked for to date!

Office Manager (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge full-time for less than a year

Pros- Very bright software consultants that have a real passion for what they do.
- No politics
- The team quickly becomes like a second family
- Growth is a real possibility- if desired
- Everyone respects, helps and appreciates each other
If you express an interest in something, everyone is willing to spend time to talk through and help you better understand that specific area of interest.

Cons- No downside at Tacit, seriously!

Advice to Senior Management- Keep up the great work!
- Continue to work on employee's career development, which is above average
- Offer employees the chance to visit and work from other offices to meet/get to know employees at all TK locations.

My Best Working Experience to Date

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge full-time for more than a year

ProsReally good software consulting pros who know what they are doing and happy to share their knowledge. Hiring process is designed so people are a good fit both technically and culturally. Nobody takes themselves too seriously, but they are very serious about their work and the craft of software development. Whether it is eCommerce implementation, Dev Ops consulting, or 'proper' Project Management you want to pursue, this is the place to do it.

ConsTypical consulting concerns; travel can be taxing, and projects that go on too long can feel stale.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay resolute on hiring and transparency. Continue to work on employee's career development, which is above average but not perfect.

Great Place to Work

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge

ProsNo politics, growing, solid and experienced peers.

ConsVery little travel opportunities available as most of the work is local

Good culture, but lame projects

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Chisinau (Moldova)

I worked at Tacit Knowledge full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCulture is very vibrant and company strives to growth best development practices

ConsVery uninteresting and lame projects, most of them eCommerce with a lot of legacy and proprietary technologies

Advice to Senior ManagementPursue better projects

Greatest place to work

QA Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, great work environment, commitment to excellence in each project, excellent work-life balance, great equipment(computers, desks) to work, possibility of working on-site with the clients, traveling requirements are reasonable.

ConsNo real downside @ tacit

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Being the worst player in the band is a good thing

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Chisinau (Moldova)

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Great teams and awesome people - every single one of them!
- No politics
- Agile environment
- A wealth of e-commerce projects
- Recognition of own's talents, commitments and contributions to the company's success
- Very high quality standards in software development ==> essentially a software craftsmanship approach

ConsTypically not much travel from delivery offices (Moldova, Mexico) to full-service offices (San Francisco, New York, London). It sometimes happens during the project start (a 2 weeks trip) however afterwards the remote delivery team just stays at home for the entire duration.
Also it's almost impossible to get relocated from Moldovan office to a full-service one - at least there are no case studies yet (it's possible for Mexican office though to tell the truth).

Advice to Senior Management- Offer full-service office relocation opportunities to qualified staff from Moldova
- Invest in non-salary related perks like private health/life insurance in Moldova

Awesome place to work, lots of learning

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge full-time

Pros- open culture
- cutting edge technology
- flat
- lots of learning
- excellent colleagues

Cons- still small
- too few projects

Outstanding and enlightner

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge

ProsI Enjoy working with the most experienced engineers here. The way of handling agile projects is amazing. We have continuous growth and learning, great salary and benefits, we travel but not for a long time, interesting work on and offshore, working with distributed teams is great. I learned (and I'm still learning) to be a professional here.

ConsA few times a year you just have too much work

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the company that removed what the other companies were doing wrong. The execution of the projects is awesome in all the levels of the staff. Keep it up guys!

My experience at TK is fun and challenging

I have been working at Tacit Knowledge

ProsWorking at Tacit Knowledge is great. Our Senior Management is really concerned about doing great, inspiring work, not so much the bottom line, which translates into great projects, new technologies and proper work-life balance. The guys really enjoy what they do and do it great. We interact with the other offices and make true friends over the world. The offices are beautiful, the projects challenging, the paycheck competitive, really what else can we ask for...

ConsThere are not many downsides to working at Tacit Knowledge. I would maybe point that once you are in another office for a bit you might want to stay there for a while longer but have to return to your home office, but that is only bad cause I really like visiting all offices, and enjoy the local food and culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am really happy with you right now. The changes this year improved on something that was already great, so well done! Keep it going!

Worked for Tacit Knowledge? Contribute to the Community!

Tacit Knowledge – Why Work for Us?

WHO WE ARE Tacit Knowledge is a digital consultancy with roots in Silicon Valley. Founded on the premise that talent and experience are key factors in project success, our approach has been to build a global team of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tacit Knowledge reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tacit Knowledge CEO Chris Andrasick. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Tacit Knowledge employees.