Taco Bell

Taco Bell Reviews in Irvine, CA

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed

Greg Creed

Pros
  • You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule(in 50 reviews)

• flexible schedule, you could choose to work nights or days(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times(in 22 reviews)

• had very high expectations but wanted to pay managers barely over minimum wage but expected a lot from them(in 20 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good place for internship!

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsFree food, game room, fitness center....you name it.
    Nice colleagues and energetic working atmosphere.
    A company with tradition and ambition. Live Mas!
    P.S. Flexible working schedule.

ConsNothing bad when considering internship.

Interesting

Cashier (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGreat experience into the fast food industry

ConsPoor Working conditions, poor ground level management

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease review working conditions on a frequent basis

Environment, People, and Benefits were Great but Some of the Work itself was Mundane

IT Intern (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Managers and Co-workers were all very friendly and supportive
    - Free snacks
    - Task panel is FREE and pays in gift cards to employees
    - Lots of free events and promotions
    - Different groups in IT work very well together

Cons- Some of the work itself was mundane
    - Some of the events were a lot of the company advertising itself rather than helping the employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very political. Not ideal for longterm career growth. Great if you want to punch in punch out. And coast to retirement.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGood perks on-site: gym, massage, haircut, car wash service (mon & wed) day-care, snacks
    Okay benefits: 3 weeks vacation for new hires (4 weeks @ 10 years), matching 401k up to 6% (100% vested)
    Some great people to work with.
    Laid back environment. (Jeans ok all week long)
    Good facilities, great location next to Spectrum.
    Taste panel (help shape products that are or will be launched)
    Summer - Holiday hours (45 mins added to Mon - Thurs., half day Fridays)

ConsOkay to below average pay.
    Very, very political!
    Odd review process: all managers review you. If anyone doesn't like you they can shoot down your positive review. Whole company gets review at same time, but they only have a limited number of slots available for above target and/or promotions. But they swear you aren't competing against each other.
    Lots of managers very few leaders. Lots of "yes men"
    Poor direction, focus, and career development.
    Company is all about marketing. So spin is big, process is not. Thus everything is it's own special one off. You will be constantly solving the same problems over and over again.
    Departments are very siloed. Poor transparency, information is a weapon, politics rule.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees leave managers not companies. Invest in continually developing your middle managers. Clean house of poor managers or continue to suffer from a knowledge/talent drain.

Promote from within at all levels. Do not just hire externally (especially true for management level positions). If there is no clear path for career growth all your talent will find that path elsewhere.

Used to be great.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsBenefits are great and if you are part of the chosen few, life is good.

ConsLeadership is horrible and getting worse. Went from "belief in people" leadership to "self-serving-at-any-cost" leadership.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

It's been great working for these guys!

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsChallenging IT work, most of the people are absolutely great to work with/deal with. I learned a lot at this place and my skills developed here will hopefully help me throughout my participation in this industry.

ConsCommunications is difficult with some of the people here. It's harder to move up or become full time. Pay is just okay.

A company committed to changing perceptions of QSR

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsDesire to make a difference, a be a better, more relevant Taco Bell

ConsIt's fast food, and franchised. A single bad actor can have a big impact on brand

Fantastic company to work for!

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsAll of the oppertunity in the world! The only limit on how far you can go, is yourself

ConsAt the Taco Bell corporate office, you work HARD and you play HARD. It's very fast paced, you've got to stay current and grow, grow, grow. It's not a company for someone who just wants to come in and work....you've got to push yourself daily or you'll find yourself at the wrong end of a re-org.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo at least three levels down to ground leadership on reality

Good culture, same big company issues

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsSupportive culture, good benefits, caring people

ConsCommon big corp issues (technology constraints, bureaucracy)

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more up-to-date technology and training to reduce constraints to problem solving

Great People!

Programmer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsProfessional relationships, special events, people oriented management, family oriented company. Facility and location. Individual recognition through award "ceremonies." Little perks like food (new product) tasting.

ConsVery difficult for programmers to stay abreast with current industry technologies -- Old software development technologies and practices. Almost total lack of training in that regard.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a way to help IT personnel with current technologies.

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!