Taco Bell

Taco Bell Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed

Greg Creed

Pros:
  • "Good memories of employees, Free Food, Funny Late Night Drunks who help your night go by"
    in 43 reviews
  • "flexible schedule, you could choose to work nights or days"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "long hours per shift, low pay for high stress"
    in 18 reviews
  • "In short, its working for minimum wage in fast food"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very high pace work place good place to work on costumer service....

Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Miami Gardens, FL

ProsYou learn how to work as a team

ConsYou are in charge of more than one task at a time which its good at the same time

A very good place to start at a job, but when you're 18 because when your're 17 you get few hours

Cook (Current Employee)
    Palmdale, CA

ProsGood food to eat with friends and family

Conswhen 17 you get few hours, but everything else i'm very satisfied

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is fine keep it up taco bell

Great pay, hard work

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee)
    Elyria, OH

ProsOnce you get into management, the pay and benefits are fantastic!

ConsSalaried managers are required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week. That's 10 hour shifts, with no breaks. And about 85% of the time, there are problems with the cooling systems in the kitchen. With all of the grills and the equipment that keeps food hot, you're looking at a 10 hour shift in 90 degree heat with no break. Also, I miss a ton of time with my family because I spend most of my day at work, and usually have to work weekends. I can request days off here and there, but I you're only allowed 2 weeks of vacation time for the first FIVE years.

Advice to Senior Management1. Adopt a meal break policy. Some of these team members work eight, nine, or ten hour shifts through the middle of the day with no chance to rest or to eat a meal. In my state, there are no laws that allow workers over the age of 18 to have a break. At the end of 8 hours, you feel stressed out, hungry, and used up. It's more difficult to provide quality customer service when you're worn out like that.

2. In my opinion, the menu is WAY too big! It confuses customers. Take a page from Chipotle's book... they have 4 meats, 2 kinds of rice, and 4 or 5 toppings to choose from. Customers pick what they want, and it's simple. Obviously, you can't go the exact same route, but the point is that customers want simplicity. It would also help with training, and food cost. I can think of at least 3 ingredients on the line that are only used for one or 2 menu items! Those ingredients get over-prepped and end up being thrown away.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoy working for taco bell,and wish I could have that opportunity to be on board again.

Assistant General Manager (Former Employee)
    Hampton, VA

Prosthe best reason for me is that ,it doesn't take long to move up in the company.

Consthere is a great experience with the employees as well as dealing with the customers,because everyday is a working progress.

Amazing. First real job making money

ProsWorked for two separate companies under the taco bell name. One was falling apart slowly but the crew was great. The one I'm working for now is awesome absolutely no complaints about engren

ConsPay isn't enough to support ones own person let alone a family. Hours vary week to week and shifts change. Rude customers of course but taco bell has no control over the self entitled people of the world. Some crew members just don't care enough to put a solid effort forward

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your gm dm and rms of the company. They are on the front line with your crew who know what is really going on. Think less about profit and raise wages. You will retain more employees and have a happier crew

Customer Service

Crew Member (Former Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat food, great customer service, the place is well-clean

ConsCustomer attitude, favorism, long hours under paid

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the way you want to be treated and you will have a successful store.

Interesting

Drive Thru Cashier (Former Employee)
    Ocean Springs, MS

ProsYou work to make the money you want honestly. This was my first job ever before leaving to go off to college and I enjoyed it for the most part. It was a nice summer job that I'd recommend anyone with no bills or little to no bills other than a phone bill maybe or other obligations apply for.

ConsManagement, and the people I worked with.

This is great company that seems to pay management more than most fast food places that I've heard of.

Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee)
    Russellville, KY

ProsYou can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule. You choose your days off and acquire vacation time every paycheck. They even let your family have free food. It can be a fun enviroment at times.

Cons45 hours a week or more can be tiring sometimes but you are salary and have to be there to run the place. It can be very busy and stressful, the biggest thing is Core Audits and those can be stressful, if you get a green you get a lot more $$$.

Nice first job

Team Member (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsIt a a good job to work at besides the other fast food places

ConsIt can get quite busy at times

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is ok

great experience but gets boring after a while.

Shift Manager (Current Employee)
    Paso Robles, CA

ProsTeaches you the basics you need to know. Great first job

ConsManagers can be rude, pay wasnt enough

Advice to Senior ManagementWork as a team and you will get ahead of the game

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!

Taco Bell Videos

Taco Bell – Why Work for Us?

Working at Taco Bell means loving the food, and joining a high-energy team that serves 3 million customers every day. Whether it's at headquarters or in the restaurant, everyone is passionate about delivering the best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taco Bell reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed. All 558 reviews posted anonymously by Taco Bell employees.