Taco Bell

Taco Bell Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed

Greg Creed

Pros
  • You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule (in 51 reviews)

• flexible schedule, you could choose to work nights or days (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times (in 23 reviews)

• had very high expectations but wanted to pay managers barely over minimum wage but expected a lot from them (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work as Shift Manager

Shift Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat consistent hours (40/week), Flexible Schedule, Promotional Opportunities, Decent Pay for Shift Managers (especially at 20 years old)

ConsVery repetitive work sometimes, Sometimes Stressful

Advice to Senior ManagementChange some of the odd specific rules each store must follow such as getting rid of amount of deletions per order. Doesn't really make sense.

great

Crew Member (Current Employee) Warren, MI

Prosi enjoy work at taco bell

Conswould like to have a set schedule.

I worked there in HS - Best job ever

Food Service Worker (Former Employee) Lansdale, PA

ProsPerfect, Great job for teens

Consgetting caked refried beans off your uniform

Advice to Senior Managementna

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great social environment, but stressful at times

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gatesville, TX

ProsFlexible schedules and great co-workers

ConsVery fast paced and sometimes stressful

Such a great company.

Taco Bell Cashier (Current Employee) Amherst, OH

ProsThe managers are easy to talk to and very understanding. As a college student, my RGM is very understanding of my schedule.

ConsIn high traffic areas, many customers come thru. Some in which who forget how to talk and treat another human being.

Working at Taco Bell

General Manager (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsIf you're lucky..You maybe able to control days off.

ConsOverworked for little pay and not always willing to meet your salary requirements...Come with a goal and work toward that goal and if there is no advancement offered move on...Know that you will put in long hours 55 plus is not unusual and you do not get a lot of holidays off..Just Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay you're employees what they are worth...The more they give the more you should give or compensate them.

Bot the worst job

Trainer Team Member (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsIf you care about your performance and that stands out to management, you will get a chance to move up.

ConsIf you care too much and your co-workers don't care about their performance, work can me miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure you already do, but make sure to promote and commend your strong subordinates.

Very high pace work place good place to work on costumer service....

Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) Miami Gardens, FL

ProsYou learn how to work as a team

ConsYou are in charge of more than one task at a time which its good at the same time

A very good place to start at a job, but when you're 18 because when your're 17 you get few hours

Cook (Current Employee) Palmdale, CA

ProsGood food to eat with friends and family

Conswhen 17 you get few hours, but everything else i'm very satisfied

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is fine keep it up taco bell

Great pay, hard work

Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) Elyria, OH

ProsOnce you get into management, the pay and benefits are fantastic!

ConsSalaried managers are required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week. That's 10 hour shifts, with no breaks. And about 85% of the time, there are problems with the cooling systems in the kitchen. With all of the grills and the equipment that keeps food hot, you're looking at a 10 hour shift in 90 degree heat with no break. Also, I miss a ton of time with my family because I spend most of my day at work, and usually have to work weekends. I can request days off here and there, but I you're only allowed 2 weeks of vacation time for the first FIVE years.

Advice to Senior Management1. Adopt a meal break policy. Some of these team members work eight, nine, or ten hour shifts through the middle of the day with no chance to rest or to eat a meal. In my state, there are no laws that allow workers over the age of 18 to have a break. At the end of 8 hours, you feel stressed out, hungry, and used up. It's more difficult to provide quality customer service when you're worn out like that.

2. In my opinion, the menu is WAY too big! It confuses customers. Take a page from Chipotle's book... they have 4 meats, 2 kinds of rice, and 4 or 5 toppings to choose from. Customers pick what they want, and it's simple. Obviously, you can't go the exact same route, but the point is that customers want simplicity. It would also help with training, and food cost. I can think of at least 3 ingredients on the line that are only used for one or 2 menu items! Those ingredients get over-prepped and end up being thrown away.

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!