Taco Bell Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.1

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed
Greg Creed

Pros
  • You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule (in 51 reviews)

• flexible schedule, you could choose to work nights or days (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times (in 23 reviews)

• had very high expectations but wanted to pay managers barely over minimum wage but expected a lot from them (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

how much an assistant manager makes

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Russellville, AR
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Russellville, AR

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

move up in business really easy.

Cons

you work alot of hours

be a team leader and follow the rules

Taco Bell LIFE

Former Employee - Drive Thru Cashier  in  Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Drive Thru Cashier in Winchester, VA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing about working at Taco Bell is amazing and worth bragging about but my work was made bearable by my awesome coworkers. We always had a blast. I was able to get lots of hours too.

Cons

Very little training. More of a learn as you go environment. Annoying customers too, of course.

it was great i loved my job

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Utica, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Utica, NY

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

i love to meet new people the customers where great.. i enjoyed make the customers happy

Cons

working in a fast pace.. and dealing with so un happy customers

n/a

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed my time with taco bell as a store manager

Former Employee - RGM  in  Davis, CA
    Former Employee - RGM in Davis, CA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, free food, good training program, corporate is better than franchise especially where pay is concerned. Great people. very family friendly atmosphere

Cons

I really dont have any cons to list about this job other than the occasional bad micromanaging market manager. People make a company but one bad egg shouldnt be blamed on the company.

Monitor your market managers more closely.

Was a good first job, and was willing to work around my college school schedule. Not so good for career.

Former Employee - Cook  in  Johnstown, PA
    Former Employee - Cook in Johnstown, PA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked around school schedule
    Discount on food
    Managers were friendly and fair

Cons

Low wages, which should be expected

great company

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Easy work if you love people, the company really sets you up to be a success

Cons

Working Long days and hrs, very little family life

Be more family base and listen more.

Great Starting Job

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Grand Blanc, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Grand Blanc, MI

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learned I was good at customer service & developed my skills

Cons

Poor management, at my location.

Be more aware to who your good employees are!

"Awesome!"

Current Employee - Taco Bell Team Member  in  Jefferson City, TN
    Current Employee - Taco Bell Team Member in Jefferson City, TN

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great company! As far as fast food restaurants, this one is by far the best. Amazing team member benefits, full time hours, management works closely with and helps team members. The work is not too hard. Nice,respectful co-workers and managers etc,.

Cons

"Too easy to love." Like every fast food restaurant, there will be lazy people.

"Keep up the good work!"

It would of been better, if things actually got fixed.

Current Employee - Taco Bell Shift Leader  in  Saint Clairsville, OH
    Current Employee - Taco Bell Shift Leader in Saint Clairsville, OH

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

50% discount off meals on days I worked. I made a lot of friends while working there. And small drinks were free on days I worked.

Cons

The location I worked at didn't have working air conditioning the whole 3 years I worked there. Also, there bathroom smelled like raw sewage. We brought the issue to attention and upper management didn't take any action.

Overall, I did enjoy working at the St. Clairsville Taco Bell location. However, many people quit due to the lack of air conditioning. Also, while working there I wasn't offered health benefits. There could be some at that location now but if not, you should consider offering dental and health insurance to your employees.

Fun, but not fun

Current Employee - Shift Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here is fun. I've met different people of all races and personalities.

Easy to get promoted. You just have to know what you're doing, get along with the crew, and be dependable.

Simple tasks.

Free meal.

For my ego: Every straight guy I've worked with has hit on me.

It feels like a family.

Flexible hours.

Customer service skills.

Amazing job for youngens, but only when you all are doing your jobs.

I gained confidence working here. And communication skills.

Some other stores aren't lazy, so not all stores are bad.

Cons

Not everyone will work as hard as you. Or care as much about getting things done as you do, because "Its just Tacos"

People sometimes like to treat you like you're not a person. Once, no one showed up to open with me and I had to do everything by myself. Regardless of how much I was struggling, an old man yelled at me for not being able to make his coffee and large meal in under 3 min. :(
    I'm sorry! But I had drive thru orders to take front counter orders, food to make, and a stubborn coffee machine. I was so sad I couldn't look him in the eye. (I would've burst into tears)

You can't really rely on anyone. I've been short staffed for nearly 75% of my shifts.

Hard work goes unnoticed. Many of the managers fail to recognize team members for their hard work and persistence. I get complaints from workers all of the time and I experienced it myself as a team member too. Shift managers will ask for team members to do a boatload of tasks while they sit in the office and have a laugh with their elite crew of managers. Its unfair to make others work hard while you spend all of your shift texting your girlfriend or your cousin. It makes no sense why you're getting paid more in the end and it makes people feel like its not worth it to keep the job.

People like to talk badly about "dumb" customers.

I'm not a fan of the unprofessionalism. I've seen a couple of people slam windows in rude customers' faces. There are better ways to deal with them and you get paid to use them.

You can really gain weight working here. I've seen it happen to the most petite of girls.

I've been fully staffed before. Everyone was deployed regularly on the chart, but some people decided that they'd rather take turns taking drive thru orders. Instead of 9 people filling 9 positions, we had 2 filling 6 of 9 by making all of the food and prep themselves. 1 filling 1 of 9, by taking front counter. 1 filling 1 of 9, taking drive thru cash. And finally 3 people filling 1 of 9 by taking orders in the drive thru. How fun, right? And I was in fact making food. All three of the drive thru order takers were Managers. We have only one lane. Grr...

Keep an eye on who is working hard and who isn't. Sometimes, its the laziest of people who are making the most money.

Also, having the most hours doesn't always mean you work hard. Its what you do during the shift. And its really appreciated when even one more person decides that they also want to do their part during the shift.

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!