Taco Bell Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.1

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed
Greg Creed

Pros
  • You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule (in 51 reviews)

• flexible schedule, you could choose to work nights or days (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times (in 23 reviews)

• had very high expectations but wanted to pay managers barely over minimum wage but expected a lot from them (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place for a kid to enter the workforce

Former Employee - Associate  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

--Supportive managers who are always behind the lines working with the team.
    --Very clean and safe food-handling practices.
    --Helpful one-on-one training with existing employee.
    --Efficient and easy to use POS system.

Cons

--Dealing with hungry customers can be stressful.
    --Restaurant hours are reaching 24/7 status.

More company-wide incentives around up-sales; customer-loyalty program would be a great way to track buyers' habits while also sending coupons to bring them in the restaurants

Good starting job. Don't expect anything amazing.

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Saint Peters, MO
    Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, work as much or little as you want, half-priced food (if you go by the book), free drinks, exposure to many kinds of people and situations, builds a solid employee if the training is taken seriously. Keep in mind that this is a minimum wage job (maybe a little bit more if you're older than 18 and dependable), so you'll have to work there for a while before you can expect to make any more than that.

My General Manager at my store works with everyone's schedules, and almost never fires anyone (he takes care of problem employees in other ways). My fellow employees are all mostly nice people who genuinely care about other's success, and they also know that this job really is a "stepping stone" job and that you won't be around forever (with a few exceptions). The Training can be boring at times, but will build new trainees into important and aware employees.

Cons

The customers can be a real pain. You get everything from scammers wanting free food, to old people who make the people behind them in line wait while they tell you stories about their cat (yes, that has happened to me), to inconsiderate parents who leave their children's messes on the table, floors, and everywhere else. You have to keep an upbeat attitude and smile the entire time, even if the customer is being annoying, which can be very hard sometimes.

This is a high-stress environment, so when the store is busy, there's too many things to do and not enough time to do it. The stress also gets to the other employees, which can make others short-tempered or harsh when the going gets hard.

This is a minimum wage job. Period. There are quarterly raises if you're there for about a year, but this job will only keep the bills at bay or work through college. It won't make you happy in the long run, and it certainly won't get you very much ahead in life. Use this job as a stepping stone.

Make sure the training sticks beyond TOGs. Customer service is the #1 objective for fast food, so make sure you have the happiest, most well-trained cashiers as possible, because one can instantly tell when the cashier doesn't really want to be there or care.

Couldn't have asked for a better job as a teenager.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Springfield, OH

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to learn. Flexible schedules. Surprisingly easy to advance. All in all a decent job for anyone who likes a fast paced environment.

Cons

Smelling like taco bell every night. Closing the store at 4 am. Compensation pretty low but it's not rocket science. Very busy pretty much all of the time.

Offer raises to employees a little more frequently. Worked there for 3 years and only received 1.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love my job

I have been working at Taco Bell

Pros

Great work place with an exceptional corporate office. Really enjoy how upper management interact with their employees and tries to encourage them to be the best at what they do in anything in life.

Cons

No reviews for 90 days employees to receive a raise even if it is .25.

Keeping doing what you are doing interact with your employees and see if they are happy and what would make the job more comfortable and good working environment. Place a survey box in the store for the employees to give you feedback, only corporate can get in the box.
    Happy employees make happy management and more revenue at the end of the day. You want people that want to stay with the company and with the right incentives that can be accomplished.

Good start

Former Employee - Cook  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Cook in Detroit, MI

I worked at Taco Bell as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I learned a lot of good skills such as time management, communicating with guests, and professionalism.

Cons

It is very fast paced and people may look down at you for wrking in fast food.

Give employees incentives to maintain product consistency.

Great Place to be

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great personal growth and benefits,as well as a great work environment

Cons

work life balance,Lack of family time

none

love my job

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Auburn, IN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Auburn, IN

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working for taco bell I get a lot hours and got promoted very quickly .

Cons

drama drama drama as long as u can ignore it you are good

long hourrss if you can do it. great

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager  in  East Long Branch, NJ
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in East Long Branch, NJ

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

good pay, good upper management in this franchisee

Cons

late hoursss and longgggg hours

provide breaks for store management staff

how much an assistant manager makes

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Russellville, AR
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Russellville, AR

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

move up in business really easy.

Cons

you work alot of hours

be a team leader and follow the rules

Taco Bell LIFE

Former Employee - Drive Thru Cashier  in  Winchester, VA
    Former Employee - Drive Thru Cashier in Winchester, VA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing about working at Taco Bell is amazing and worth bragging about but my work was made bearable by my awesome coworkers. We always had a blast. I was able to get lots of hours too.

Cons

Very little training. More of a learn as you go environment. Annoying customers too, of course.

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!