Taco Bell Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
3.1

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed
Greg Creed

Pros
  • You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule (in 54 reviews)

• They allow a flexible schedule, company values and they are understanding of personal life (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times (in 29 reviews)

• Management is lazy and the pay is minimum wage for nearly every other employee (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

It's an ok job. The people you work with in your shift is what really makes the experience enjoyable or not so enjoyable.

Current Employee - Food Champion in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Food Champion in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere can be fun at times and you get to meet interesting people who come in to eat.

Cons

The workers can sometimes bring their personal drama into the workplace and cause unnecessary tension behind the counter.

great

Current Employee - Service Champion
    Current Employee - Service Champion

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

work with great people, easy to move up to another level

Cons

can be a stressful environment

It was a great high school job.

Current Employee - Taco Bell Team Member in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Taco Bell Team Member in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time (more than an year)

Pros

In Taco Bell, they really work around you schedule. You can get as many as you want or you can ask for a break. The job is really easy but some people make it seem like its hard. If you look at it, its just a temporary job for high school kids. I liked my 2 years there. I met a bunch of cool people and even when i moved on from Taco Bell, I still have the fun memories that we made on the job.

Cons

The cons would probably be, the pay, customers and it wont be fair to you all the time.
    The pay, what do you really expect to make in a fast food place if its your first job. I started at minimum wage, $7.25, and in a year and a half i was making $8.32. That was in high school. The worst part of the job was the drive thru. It is so stressful. I walked out of the job like 3 times because i couldn't handle them and nobody wanted to help me even tho i asked for help. They are the rudest people. I don't understand why they were always so mad. The customers in drive thru only during the night, are the worst.

PEOPLE PLEASE BE NICE TO DRIVE THRU WORKERS WHEN YOU GO THROUGH A DRIVE THRU. TY

They were fair. It was all good.

Fun, easy, not that great pay.

Current Employee - Service Champion in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Service Champion in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun, easy, everyone teaches you things.

Cons

Low-paying. In some cases poor management, scheduling can be difficult.

Need improvement with HANDS-ON training, not computer training.

Descent for fast food

Current Employee - Store Manager in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Better management salaries than most of their competitors as well as friendlier attitudes. Room for advancement and education. Far less turn over rate than other fast food companies because they work with their employees.

Cons

Even with the perks, it is still fast food. Managing teenagers to early twenties for the most part. Not much flexibility as it is a chain restaurant.

Decent place of employment

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Waco, TX

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was a pretty upbeat work atmosphere, and my manager paid higher than the other stores in our area to reward our hard work and encourage more. I was also allowed to keep my overtime, which was great.

Cons

Shifts were long - as a shift manager, I usually put in 50 hours a week. Also, we were often understaffed, which meant we had more to do than we realistically could handle.

I worked for the company for 2 years.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodland Park, CO
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodland Park, CO

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked here for my first job years ago during High School and here is what I have to say positively.

The hours are VERY plentiful, If you want 40 hours you pretty much get them from my experience. The management is fairly decent in most cases at least for the store managers, the shift leaders on the other hand are hit-or-miss. You get half price lunches which is a pretty good deal and the lunch breaks are 30 minutes which is fair.

The job itself goes from slow to fast of course with the average lunch and dinner rush but is fairly steady throughout the day. The registers can take some time to memorize due to the plethora of menus and item keys that regularly change but a few weeks is all it takes to get most of it down.

The atmosphere at the store I worked at was quite fun, it is still to this day my favorite job when it came to the enjoyment I got from the crew I worked with and I've had 5 jobs since with one of them paying twice as much.

The store manager in particular was very honest and hardworking, she deeply cared about her employees and was a very good person, very genuine. The assistant manager was also a very fast worker and got all of the tasks done like clockwork and despite having a flaky personality was fun to work with 80% of the time.

The shift leaders for the most part were nothing special, some were poor at their jobs with others being solid employees, as I stated above, they were 50/50.

The tasks were fair but the job was a bit more work than most for the money paid, thankfully if you have a friendly crew the hours went by fast and you never woke up hating yourself before going to work despite being on the bottom rung of society.

Cons

Low pay, minimal advancement, shaving daily.

I am now 25 and I worked for Taco Bell at 16 so it's been nearly a decade but I'll never forget watching the fireworks from the roof after working on the fourth of July with my favorite co-workers ever after eating mess-up Tacos from throughout the day (lol), it was simple but sometimes the simple things in life make it worth living.

Anyways, I don't think you'll read this and I can't state your name on here but if you read this (which is unlikely) I'd like to thank you for the great work experience I had at your store back in 2006.

Shift Manager

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Eagan, MN

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Where I worked at in Eagan MN, everyone including the district manager to the CEO, was al so friendly. I made really good friends there. I started as a crew and within a year I received 3 promotion from them. Your customer is the key to the store and your promotions. Sad I had to leave them.

Cons

They need better managements and more of a friendly environment here in Rochester mn.

Great learning experience for management, but can be extremely stressful

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

can learn a lot about how to run a business by running a Taco Bell

Cons

can be very stressful for management particularly when call offs occur

Decent company views.

Former Employee - RGM in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - RGM in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Meet many new people and get to find new friends. Great discounts on the food. Food is actually decent if prepared correctly

Cons

Can be non stop especially in drive thru. Can also be challenging dealing with younger team members that consistently turn over or under perform.