Taco Bell Reviews

Updated September 28, 2014
3.1

Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed
Greg Creed

Pros
  • You can get free food, freedom to make your own flexible schedule (in 53 reviews)

• They allow a flexible schedule, company values and they are understanding of personal life (in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • always on your feet no breaks, always dealing with customers, very long hours at times (in 27 reviews)

• had very high expectations but wanted to pay managers barely over minimum wage but expected a lot from them (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

I worked for the company for 2 years.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Woodland Park, CO
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Woodland Park, CO

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked here for my first job years ago during High School and here is what I have to say positively.

The hours are VERY plentiful, If you want 40 hours you pretty much get them from my experience. The management is fairly decent in most cases at least for the store managers, the shift leaders on the other hand are hit-or-miss. You get half price lunches which is a pretty good deal and the lunch breaks are 30 minutes which is fair.

The job itself goes from slow to fast of course with the average lunch and dinner rush but is fairly steady throughout the day. The registers can take some time to memorize due to the plethora of menus and item keys that regularly change but a few weeks is all it takes to get most of it down.

The atmosphere at the store I worked at was quite fun, it is still to this day my favorite job when it came to the enjoyment I got from the crew I worked with and I've had 5 jobs since with one of them paying twice as much.

The store manager in particular was very honest and hardworking, she deeply cared about her employees and was a very good person, very genuine. The assistant manager was also a very fast worker and got all of the tasks done like clockwork and despite having a flaky personality was fun to work with 80% of the time.

The shift leaders for the most part were nothing special, some were poor at their jobs with others being solid employees, as I stated above, they were 50/50.

The tasks were fair but the job was a bit more work than most for the money paid, thankfully if you have a friendly crew the hours went by fast and you never woke up hating yourself before going to work despite being on the bottom rung of society.

Cons

Low pay, minimal advancement, shaving daily.

I am now 25 and I worked for Taco Bell at 16 so it's been nearly a decade but I'll never forget watching the fireworks from the roof after working on the fourth of July with my favorite co-workers ever after eating mess-up Tacos from throughout the day (lol), it was simple but sometimes the simple things in life make it worth living.

Anyways, I don't think you'll read this and I can't state your name on here but if you read this (which is unlikely) I'd like to thank you for the great work experience I had at your store back in 2006.

Decent company views.

Former Employee - RGM  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - RGM in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Taco Bell full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet many new people and get to find new friends. Great discounts on the food. Food is actually decent if prepared correctly

Cons

Can be non stop especially in drive thru. Can also be challenging dealing with younger team members that consistently turn over or under perform.

Used to be great but now that there are new owners, everyone is having a hard time.

Current Employee - Taco Bell Shift Leader  in  Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Taco Bell Shift Leader in Concord, CA

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discount on food, great employees and bosses. Flexible hours, though you don't get many.

Cons

Always working short-staffed, getting sent home early all the time, and smelling like a burrito when you go home.

Stop working your employees to the bone. It's been too hard lately.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for a kid to enter the workforce

Former Employee - Associate  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Associate in Orlando, FL

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

--Supportive managers who are always behind the lines working with the team.
    --Very clean and safe food-handling practices.
    --Helpful one-on-one training with existing employee.
    --Efficient and easy to use POS system.

Cons

--Dealing with hungry customers can be stressful.
    --Restaurant hours are reaching 24/7 status.

More company-wide incentives around up-sales; customer-loyalty program would be a great way to track buyers' habits while also sending coupons to bring them in the restaurants

Good starting job. Don't expect anything amazing.

Current Employee - Team Member  in  Saint Peters, MO
    Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Peters, MO

I have been working at Taco Bell part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, work as much or little as you want, half-priced food (if you go by the book), free drinks, exposure to many kinds of people and situations, builds a solid employee if the training is taken seriously. Keep in mind that this is a minimum wage job (maybe a little bit more if you're older than 18 and dependable), so you'll have to work there for a while before you can expect to make any more than that.

My General Manager at my store works with everyone's schedules, and almost never fires anyone (he takes care of problem employees in other ways). My fellow employees are all mostly nice people who genuinely care about other's success, and they also know that this job really is a "stepping stone" job and that you won't be around forever (with a few exceptions). The Training can be boring at times, but will build new trainees into important and aware employees.

Cons

The customers can be a real pain. You get everything from scammers wanting free food, to old people who make the people behind them in line wait while they tell you stories about their cat (yes, that has happened to me), to inconsiderate parents who leave their children's messes on the table, floors, and everywhere else. You have to keep an upbeat attitude and smile the entire time, even if the customer is being annoying, which can be very hard sometimes.

This is a high-stress environment, so when the store is busy, there's too many things to do and not enough time to do it. The stress also gets to the other employees, which can make others short-tempered or harsh when the going gets hard.

This is a minimum wage job. Period. There are quarterly raises if you're there for about a year, but this job will only keep the bills at bay or work through college. It won't make you happy in the long run, and it certainly won't get you very much ahead in life. Use this job as a stepping stone.

Make sure the training sticks beyond TOGs. Customer service is the #1 objective for fast food, so make sure you have the happiest, most well-trained cashiers as possible, because one can instantly tell when the cashier doesn't really want to be there or care.

Couldn't have asked for a better job as a teenager.

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Springfield, OH

I worked at Taco Bell part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy to learn. Flexible schedules. Surprisingly easy to advance. All in all a decent job for anyone who likes a fast paced environment.

Cons

Smelling like taco bell every night. Closing the store at 4 am. Compensation pretty low but it's not rocket science. Very busy pretty much all of the time.

Offer raises to employees a little more frequently. Worked there for 3 years and only received 1.

Love my job

I have been working at Taco Bell

Pros

Great work place with an exceptional corporate office. Really enjoy how upper management interact with their employees and tries to encourage them to be the best at what they do in anything in life.

Cons

No reviews for 90 days employees to receive a raise even if it is .25.

Keeping doing what you are doing interact with your employees and see if they are happy and what would make the job more comfortable and good working environment. Place a survey box in the store for the employees to give you feedback, only corporate can get in the box.
    Happy employees make happy management and more revenue at the end of the day. You want people that want to stay with the company and with the right incentives that can be accomplished.

Good start

Former Employee - Cook  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Cook in Detroit, MI

I worked at Taco Bell as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I learned a lot of good skills such as time management, communicating with guests, and professionalism.

Cons

It is very fast paced and people may look down at you for wrking in fast food.

Give employees incentives to maintain product consistency.

Great Place to be

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great personal growth and benefits,as well as a great work environment

Cons

work life balance,Lack of family time

none

love my job

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Auburn, IN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Auburn, IN

I have been working at Taco Bell full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working for taco bell I get a lot hours and got promoted very quickly .

Cons

drama drama drama as long as u can ignore it you are good

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!