Taco Bueno Reviews

Marcos A. Rodriguez

1. Decent Job For A Teenager

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Taco Bueno part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Laid back most of day, decent coworkers & management, just a good fast food type job (of course teenager oriented pay unless management).

Cons

If you pay more you'll get better quality workers, but what do you expect from the fast food industry.

Pay more!

2. Slowly downward spiraling company

I have been working at Taco Bueno full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The discount on food is nice.

Most stores have elderly regular friendly customers that have been purchasing food for many years and providing friendly conversation if time is available.

Cons

The pay is low in comparison to similar jobs and offers no outstanding benefits. Very few managers get bonuses as they have tightened up on bonus qualifications. New employees are expected to provide their own uniform - hat, shirt, apron; most general managers will pay out of pocket to provide for new employees.

The company has been steadily going downhill in sales over the past few years. Rebranding has spiked sales slightly in the past year, but management gets no benefits/bonuses; sales increase possibly only just covers the cost of rebranding.

Management is stretched thin by multi-unit operations. Multi-unit general managers often work 70+ hours per week between stores and are always considered on call. Senior General Manager positions are slowly being eliminated -- general managers who have been with the company for years are threatened with termination and replacement with new outside hires; they are not valued (general managers are advised to "put work life before personal life"). Recent General Manager conference created a larger gap of discontent between store-level management and the new corporate-level management. Corporate level management is being cleaned out of older employees who have been with and have run the company for years; they are being replaced with people in suits with no passion for the company or its culture.

There is no set training program, only mantras of "cornerstones" and "living the Bueno Way". Stores are often minimally staffed - it is a rare sight to see more than two employees in a store after 9 p.m. Stores are not allowed enough labor hours to properly train new employees and thus end up with either unskilled workers or a high turnover.

Another change in ownership may set the company in a new and better direction; we need people who actually like the company and its people, not just making money.

More research is needed on the elusive 18-25 demographic /without/ alienating the 65+ year old regular customer base with innuendos.

Less charity photo ops for advertisement; it is tacky. Put charity into business practices at the store level instead of just taking photos of corporate level employees doing events with logos plastered everywhere.

3. easy job

Former Employee - First Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - First Assistant Manager

I worked at Taco Bueno

Pros

One of the easiest jobs I have had. Quality food made from scratch unlike alot of fast food places. I won't work where I won't eat and I love the food there.

Cons

Fast Food is just not for me. I prefer to move around more.

5. good and fun at times

I have been working at Taco Bueno

Pros

good pay all the hour you want or don't want

Cons

no support for upper managment

6. its not a bad job

Current Employee - Frier in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Frier in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Taco Bueno part-time (more than a year)

Pros

i dont know what everyone is complaining about its not a bad job. its fun and has decent pay and pretty laid back

Cons

i think people are complaining because they have to work at a fast food place. not because its a bad job

keep up the good work! :)

7. Is the wors, job anybody could, have this company is the cheapes one, tours their employes,

I have been working at Taco Bueno

Pros

It was good at first before the company change owners, job was easier, not as complicate it is now.

Cons

Keeping up with all the extra work the managers had todo in order to pls this cheap, people that only care of filling their pockets with money and don't care a bit about their employees!

Just make it simple like it was before with out, over working the employees , I use to be happy to show to work every day I couldn't wait to go bsck to work now I got to think, DAM, I GOT TO WORK AGAIN! That s no fun anymore.that's why , they don't get any rate for nothing!

8. Horrible experience former 1st assistant mgr dallas tx

I have been working at Taco Bueno

Pros

Can't think of anything at all

Cons

Can't take vacation when you want high insurance no life always on call work every fri sat sun

Have your Dms in store. Get them out of office.
    Quit trying to cut cost by having gm run 2 stores. That's why as company your operations are bad.

Not a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Manager in Claremore, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Claremore, OK

I worked at Taco Bueno full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The food is good, mostly made from scratch. That is the only pros.

Cons

You will be treated badly, you can only work P/T, you have to buy your own uniform.

10. Inconsistent in their approach to operating.

I worked at Taco Bueno full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy access to promotions.
    Flexible scheduling.
    Free or reduced food.
    Offers the ability to transfer if moving.

Cons

Pay is very poor and in no way reflects the amount of work that is asked to be provided.
    Vacation structure is very poor and unattainable for many.
    Will make anyone a manager, which leads to very poor choices in management and an unstable environment.
    Expected to meet strict goals while still maintaining a reduced staff.
    Offers very little incentives or benefits for employees and management alike.
    High turnover due to hiring practices.

Stop allowing stores to hire family members! This cause a lot of conflict and adversity. Set standards for hiring managers. Too often many people without the proper skill set are made managers and the outcome is poor.

11. Typical First Fast Food Job

Current Employee - Crew Member in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Taco Bueno part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced. Quick to promote from within. Not very many benefits offered to crew members. You need to be able to multitask with a smile. We mostly dealt with broke college students and upper-middle class baby boomers.

Cons

Poor training and scheduling. Very demanding and high maintenance. There wasn't an actual crew trainer who trained the new employees, so other employees were forced to teach the newbies and that lead to a chaotic work environment

Stay consistent with training. With Managers in Training (MiT) and Crew Members. If you're lax on one MiT, the entire store suffers. Offer to pay your employees more than just the minimum wage and they might be willing to stay with the company for longer than three months.