Taco John's International

3.1

Jeff Linville

Good experience

I worked at Taco John's International

Pros

I had a great experience every one there was very helpful in helping me learn what I needed to learn

Cons

The pay is not nearly enough to live on. Other than that it was a great experience for me.

TJ I, Cheyenne WY

I have been working at Taco John's International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The new leadership is great. They got rid of the old ways of doing things and have introduced a lot of new ideas.
    Very motivating group.
    I've learned more in the last year than in my last 16 with Taco John's

Cons

Took away a 35 hour work week but those don't exist anymore, so no big deal

Keep it up!

Good Company

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Taco John's International full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good first job and easy to learn

Cons

Hard work and mean customers

Keep it up

I have had good experiences here

Current Employee - Cashier in Moorhead, MN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Moorhead, MN

I have been working at Taco John's International

Pros

The manager is easy ton work with

Cons

Low pay. Not many hours

Very cheap company

Current Employee - Taco Johns in New Hope, MN
    Current Employee - Taco Johns in New Hope, MN

I have been working at Taco John's International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun environment with nice people

Cons

Too much drama for little pay

Pay people more

Not too bad

Former Employee - Team Member in Grand Island, NE
    Former Employee - Team Member in Grand Island, NE

I worked at Taco John's International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It feels good to know that you can make a difference in a customers day and make them smile.

Cons

Advancement in the restaurant was based off of personal favor to certain employees that didn't deserve the promotion and were complained about by the manager who promoted them. the night manager isn't even certified yet because she failed the test 3 times now.

Make sure your managers aren't sexist who only promote some and spit on the rest. Managers shouldn't be allowed to get away with yelling at and belittling employees in front of customers.

It was horrible, the owner has mp clue how to run a business. She is very unprofessional

Current Employee - Crew Member in Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at Taco John's International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The team was great and most of the managers cared about us as people

Cons

Unorganized and owner/gm is very unprofessional and talks horrible about her managers to crew. She doesn't even know how to work every station at the store and spends the majority of her time in the office. If it wasn't for the other managers the store would fall apart. She has already lost 4 managers 2 of which were great they cared about the team and were constantly getting put down by owner for their performance. She couldn't be half the manager they were.

Be more Choosey who u allow to be franchise holders. This woman has no clue how to treat her employees. She is giving taco johns a poor name for how she treats employees.

It's alright. Nothing special. Great first job.

Current Employee - Cashier in Princeton, MN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Princeton, MN

I have been working at Taco John's International part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Healthy food there. Easy to maneuver the kitchen. Nice hours. Happy people. Easy job generally.

Cons

Items come and go. Some of people's favorites are gone such as the Chilito and the Sweet Cream Churro... Customers suck. I know it's area to area, but it's bull. Hungry jerks everywhere lol.

Be nice to your employees. Get things prepared ahead of time instead of stressing everyone to do it at the last second.

Worker Bee... and disappointed.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Morris, MN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Morris, MN

I worked at Taco John's International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good People to work with, The people make the place where you work, this one was not so bad, It just needs some work on the management of where I worked.

Cons

The management team is hard to work with, they bicker back and forth, not very accommodating. The Manager that I worked with most often denies ever saying negative things to me on a daily basis, and it got sickening real fast.

Consider new managers that care about their people. Not just to fill in the gaps that are there. Make the managers also work when there is something going down, and not sticking to their "cushy" hours in this location.

Unethical, immoral, and incompetent management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Taco John's International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good budgets for most departments; it's also nice to sample the new test food products. They throw a very extravagant Holiday Party for what it's worth...

Cons

The new CEO came from Arby's (figure that one out) and came in with guns firing in all directions...fired a ton of people who definitely needed to go, however, there are still several executives that are lazy, unethical, hugely overpaid, and extremely poor at their jobs. If you're a Director or above you basically exist to give management lip-service and foist your work on the rest of the company...

Not only did the new CEO bring in a bunch of his friends at hugely inflated salaries, he then has the gall to get rid of flexible hours for everyone except himself and his chosen few...oh and he got rid of half day Fridays during the summer except for himself....

Pay is low, about $10,000 under market rate, however, if you're able to say a lot of buzz words and brown nose you'll probably be promoted so there's that....

Hire some more workers and hire less management. Find some ethics, no seriously, morals are important...