Tactel US

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Patrick Mahaffey

Great company to work for

Software Developer (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsWorking with cutting edge technology. Flexible work hours. Great work/life balance. Nice salary and benefits.

ConsThe flexibility means that many times you can't reach people when you need them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing, but don't treat people like they're just a resource.

Great group to work with including great support and efforts to build a wide range of experience.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsLots of appreciation for good work. Periodic brown bag meetings to explore new technology. Good benefits including vacation and holidays. Ability to move to another project as soon as one ends.

ConsI can't really think of any downsides except that it might be nice to be able to work from home a little more often.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn a regular basis, let each engineer know whether he is, or is not meeting expectations.

Very good employer with many challenging tasks thats pushes you forward.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsManagement provides a very good and up to date information regarding the business future and growth.
    The company also have many interesting assignments from it's clients which makes the job a blast.
    Tactel also offers many opportunities for growing experience and skills within many areas of the software industry.
    The company also provides very good benefits that's very good. Both health, dental, vision, vacation, paid holidays and so on.

ConsHad some rough years but I guess the whole industry have had that. So it's time for the management to show that they can turn Tactel around

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI was recently hired into Tactel. The people who hired me and the management personnel I went through in getting hired were very professional and personable. I deal with great engineers and very nice people who make you feel at home.
    Management clearly communicates their vision to its employees and how they are doing in this economy. Within two weeks of my getting hired we had a quarterly meeting where the CEO shared his vision and how we are doing as a company.
    I was little apprehensive about joining a small company as I worked only for bigger companies before, HR person was the reason I wanted to come on board, she addressed all my concerns and made me want to work for this company. I think company is moving in the right direction.
    We have biweekly/monthly lunches with other engineers. They were talking about having a yearly re-treat for all the employers.

Not sure what the negativity in the past comments were about.

ConsNeed better medical plans. However I think they are working on it to make it better.

Great career opportunities at a growing company.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsTactel is a company that is growing and building up good teams to fill the technologies needs of it's customers. They provide the opportunity to be involved with delivering some of the best new technologies in the market place. They are committed to providing employees with opportunities to develop new skills, and likewise with providing the best skill sets to deliver products to our customers. Tactel management has been accommodating with my home/work life balance.

ConsThe company is growing quickly so the office and communications infrastructure of the company lags behind the growth more than with a larger company. Part of the growing pains.

Challenging work, clueless management.

Visual Designer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsLots of big named clients see your work. Well-stocked fridge of free food. Good coffee.
    Talented staff of developers, designers and QA specialists who work well together.

ConsLack of leadership and poor management.
    Owners are unable to define their business plan, and, thus, unable to gain new and sustainable business.
    Workers are worked hard and they need to put in long hours with no chance of raises or promotion.
    Management does not communicate with staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk more to your staff and listen to their ideas. Develop a business plan and stick with it. Structure some sort of career advancement and incentive program for staff that works hard and does good work.

Horrible workplace, horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSince Tactel is a sevice oriented company, these times all of the companies are tightening budget. Therefore, some of us really don't have any work. We just pretty much surf the web and get paid.

Consuneven work hours
    no bonuses
    no promotions
    unfair treatment employees
    don't feel really secure about holding a steady job

Advice to Senior ManagementBlind eye to unfair treatment of fellow employees. The management needs to understand that employees are the ones that does the actual work and we are human beings. We are not machines that just knows how to work and produce billable hours for the sales staff to have vacations to Sweden.

Nice place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits (nice health insurance, FSA and 401K. and they will reimburse you for smart phone purchase!!), rotation of projects, caring management make you feel home. Work along side with the huge company like Sony Ericssion, Intel and Qualcomm. Have lots of real talented engineers that help me to tide over the tough initial period. I am very comfortable to work here.

ConsPTO is not enough and every kind of leave will be taken out of PTO balance. Not enough hands to satisfy customers. Does not feel secure of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with the good job.

Good company to work with

ProsGreat 401k, health package and other benefits for a company of this size. Generous in PTOs. Very open and flexible company culture. Competitive salary and compensation.

ConsSince most of us are working as on-site consultants, there are limited growth opportunities.

heading for a bright future

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAllows you to switch between different projects
    Finally got a decisive and strong management team
    Wants to make sure that people grow their skillset and learn new things

ConsA rocky past few years with lots of organization changes

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good information flow. Build up a new Tactel spirit. Make sure to keep the quality of engineers high .

Worked for Tactel US? Contribute to the Community!