Tactical Marketing Concepts

56 reviews filtered by
3.4
Tactical Marketing Concepts President Grant Rorison
Grant Rorison

Pros
  • There is paid, hands on training with an experienced leader (in 5 reviews)

• allowed me to gain hands on experience in a safe and fun work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • When I worked there I had a hard time grasping the concept of door to door sales (in 6 reviews)

• Door to door sales they try to hide to potential employee (in 4 reviews)

1. If you want what everyone else has, do the same thing everyone else does. If you think bigger then most... Please read

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Tactical we are taught to think and act more like an entrepreneur. This may be why there are some misleading reviews. Most people think entrepreneurs are crazy, entrepreneurs think differently than the majority of others. Everyone here is here because they have a desire success in life and business more than most people. Sometimes people get the opportunity to work here with us, and they quickly find out that they do not share the same values. There is nothing wrong with that, this is just not the place for them. That might explain some of the previous reviews. Everyone who works here believes in hard work, integrity, commitment, and passion. I’m sure that everyone who has left a past review has gained something while working here whether it be confidence, a better work ethic, ability to public speak, or the ability to articulate goals. These abilities scare some people because they are outside of their comfort zones. If we never get outside of our comfort zones how cold we ever grow? Some run, some fight the urge and keep focus on their long term goals and push through. Tactical hires college graduates or people with equal work experience to ensure that everyone here has the real world experience and people skills needed in business.

Cons

The hours are a little longer; it comes out to about 47 hours per week. When it comes to pay there are two options. Commission which really is best, you can make a lot in the entry level position. The other is for salary plus commission. The owner is understanding and will accommodate to help anyone if they are worth the investment. These are the only two real cons, the environment is awesome and the people are even better. Don’t listen to those who cannot do what we do. Give it a chance and make your own decision.

Advice to Management

We are excited about hitting our goals for 2015!!!

2. One word , BOOOJEEE

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Job in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Job in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the energy and enthusiasm from the employees are great , but that's it ������

Cons

- They lied in there interviews . they explain how its very professional and all business but that's not the whole story . they told me it was NOT A SALES JOB but obviously that was another lie .
    - They wear BOOJEE suits and ties and heels for 2-3 hours and change into khakis and their company polo shirts .
    - the job is time consuming . they expect you in the office at 10am , at 1 we change into our "Uniforms" and go knocking on door to door till 8pm , arrive back to the office and usually don't leave til about 930pm .
    - they expect you to memorize a pitch and literally talk about it all day , everyday . they want you to come in early to practice the pitch and how to improve it . a "one on one" with one of the leaders.
    - they make the workers take their own cars out to the places with no gas or milage addition in our checks .
    - the places they send you aren't that great either . former employees told me bout many dangerous stories . is just not safe , cause it gets uncomfortable when customers ask for you to come inside their homes and we are expected to you .
    - walking , more like " speed walking " for 7 hours 6 days a week was way to overwhelming and tiring .
    - they give you a "territory" and after your 12 hours of work your also expect to map out your own doors for the next day . it usually takes me about 30 - 45 mins and I do not like that . after a long day at work I would like to come home a spend time with my family before the night ends but when I get home I end up still doing work for a BOOJEE job .
    - I had called out one day because my mother and husband wasn't available to watch my son while I went in to work one day and they expected me to hire a nanny online to watch my son . SMH !
    - I obviously didn't even finish my training because this job was too fake and ridiculous that I quit . but when I was out in the field I had a customer sign up . so when I went to get my check they only paid me the first two days of in house training and that's it . my commission ended up going to the company , that's unloyal .
    - the pay to this job isn't garunteed.

Advice to Management

Be truthful and loyal to your " future leaders "

Tactical Marketing Concepts Response

Mar 25, 2015President

I think what this anonymous person meant to say was Boojie which is a word derived from the french word, bourgeoisie, which means middle class. I don't think middle class is a bad thing. I was ... More

3. Leader

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts

Pros

There are no pros at all!

Cons

Everything about this job sucks

Advice to Management

Stop lying and exaggerating the job

5. Door to door sales job

Former Employee - Leader
    Former Employee - Leader

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with tend to be high-energy and fun, you play office games in the morning and evening when you get back from the field. There are also opportunities to travel with the office for work, The management believes in what they are doing and are enthusiastic as well. It gives you hands-on sales training and forces you to work hard.

Cons

- The hours are extremely long - you're expected to be at the office at 10am, you are in the field 1pm-8pm, and then you're expected to be back at the office for an additional 1-1.5 hours, depending on your position and your duties for the night.
    - While in the field, you are sent to areas that are not the safest (I had people telling me there were shootings and stabbings in the area in the past month)
    - You are expected to drive to the field in your own car and are not compensated for gas or mileage.
    - Compensation is commission only after the initial training period. You will not get paid unless your sales stick, and it is possible to go a week making around $100 (for 11 hours of work per day)
    - You cover at least part of your travel expenses for company trips
    - During the interview process, there is a script you are trained to follow. You're also trained with how to bypass questions about door to door sales and get away with not telling people exactly what a typical workday is like in the interview (i.e. you are in business formal for 1.5-3 hours and then you change into khakis and the company polo to go door to door selling for 8 hours)
    - They also expect your social life to consist of hanging out with your coworkers only - you get one designated night a week for spending time with other friends and family
    - There is extremely high turnover in the office

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with what the job is. There are plenty of people who are willing to do a door-to-door sales job.

6. learning experience

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts

Pros

Good commission and motivating, positive and fun work environment

Cons

WOrk 6 days a week as a door to door sales person, from 10am to 8pm. Tough work hours

Advice to Management

Need a more professional environment

BELEIVE THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS.

Former Employee - Accounts Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Accounts Representative in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts

Pros

- nice coworkers
    - atmosphere

Cons

- lied to at interview
    - no salary
    - door to door

Advice to Management

I was told that,this was NOT A SALES JOB. I go in for my first day, and see everyone change out of their formal attire into khakis and century link polos to sell door to door. I was cheated out of my time that I could've been spending looking for a real job. Very disappointing. Don't lie to kids in there twenties and maybe you wouldn't have bad reviews! No one over 25 works here because they are smart enough to realize what kind of job this is.

Best decision I've made

Current Employee - Account Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have the drive, the tenacity and the motivation to lead others, form valuable bonds, and ultimately make money then this place is a highly desirable workplace for not only yourself but anyone with a willingness to learn. I stepped into the office during my first round interview and discussed my desire to grow within a company, and decided myself that I could not grow in a company that already has grown to its full potential. The goal of Tactical Marketing is to take over the world, and as exaggerated as that may seem, they are a company that can do nothing but grow!
    Little did I know that I was about to be offered a position that not only satisfied that desire, but also has the friendliest work environment I have encountered since entering elementary school. It's sometimes hard to believe that I can make the amount that I've made already while having as good as a time that I've had.

Cons

The most challenging thing about working here, will be created yourself, through attitude and work habits. As long as those things are not a challenge for you to develop, Tactical Marketing makes everything else second nature.

9. Gaining hands on experience, business fundamentals and how to apply it to the business world as well as life in general

Current Employee - Leader in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Leader in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a team lead I have many responsibilities, these include but are not limited to sales, training, data entry, interviewing and individual and group presentations. I am constantly preforming different tasks and my day goes by very quickly. My growth within the company is based off of my merit and ability to help others. I am excited to be apart of a marketing and sales company that cares about creating lasting relationship with their clients and employees.

Cons

I can't come up with anything I don't like about this company. I believe in merit based growth and working hard for the life you want.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity! Not many employers are willing to invest in their employees, thanks for the development!

Hard and sometimes unrewarding work

Former Employee - Account Representative in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked the atmosphere
    I liked the fact that I got hands on training

Cons

It is twelve hour days with no guarantee of paycheck. I was supposed to get payed 140 on my paycheck, and I didn't get the agreed upon amount. All because I had to leave for personal and family reasons.

Advice to Management

If you say your going pay someone 140 for completing training, pay them what you say.

Dishonest.

Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Federal Way, WA
    Former Employee - Door to Door Salesman in Federal Way, WA

I worked at Tactical Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like door to door sales or people not telling you the whole truth, this is definitely the job for you.

Cons

They don't tell you the whole truth about your job responsibilities or your schedule. Directly asked my interviewer if this was a door to door sales job and was told no, but turns out he lied straight to my face. This kind of stuff should be illegal.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to people. There are people out there willing to do door to door sales but I am not one of them, and it isn't fair to put people in the position where they quit their other job or jobs to work with your company and it ends up being the total opposite of what they expect, especially when they ask you these questions straight to your face.

Tactical Marketing Concepts Photos