Tag Worldwide Reviews

Reset
2.2
Tag Worldwide Global CEO John Paulson
John Paulson

Pros
  • 3 weeks of vacation, good dental (since being bought out by Williams Lea), beer on Fridays (in 7 reviews)

• Some great People at your level (whilst they're about (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • It feels like a different company after being taken over by Williams & Lea in 2012 (in 8 reviews)

• No leadership from senior management (in 5 reviews)

It will pay your rent, but it's not a career

Current Employee - Asa in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Asa in New York, NY

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back, quite flexible, cookie Wednesday and Beer Friday. Good from a social perspective

Cons

Low pay, poor management, extremely limited, growth

Advice to Management

More active in improving the middle management. They need more coaching and advice to improve their management skills.

2. Account management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some nice people. Love to celebrate birthdays.

Cons

The reviews are true! Upper management is AWFUL. If you are a cross-road with choosing this as a place of employment I'd suggest staying where you are, or choosin the othere option. If you are desperate to survive and need to make money then I'd do it for a little while, but still look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get rid of them all. You need educated management in place. If you are going to advance people to upper management make sure they are properly trained. I wouldn't advance any person who is known for being "rude", that's a less profane term, manager to lead a team. A lot of individuals need to "grow-up" before they can beasily leaders. Upper management doesn't respect you.

3. Only worth it for 1-2 years...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to learn the in's and out's of production. A lot of knowledgable people working there that you can learn from if you take advantage.

Cons

Slow to promote or increase pay of entry level positions Understaffed on some accounts often leaving one person to do all the work No communication from higher level management

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the employees that are keeping accounts alive and the business profitable.

No sense of loyalty whatsoever.

Former Employee - Indentured Servant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Indentured Servant in New York, NY

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a handful of very nice people left that you can share your gripes with and a couple of good managers. There's beer on Friday - but surprisingly, I can buy my own.

Cons

It doesn't matter how hard you work, it is not appreciated and there is no compensation if you are not in the corral of favorites. You have to watch your back and set your shields to maximum when it comes to most management. Also, they are too busy or lazy to train. Bullying and ageism are rampant.

Advice to Management

Take a management course or two!

Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You feel like the smartest person in the world compared to everyone else who works there

Cons

"Senior" management is a complete joke - they're under qualified, unintelligent, no advertising knowledge/background, poor excuses for leaders and managers. The turnover rate is INSANE! In the few months I lasted before leaving for a new job I saw over 18 employees quit

Advice to Management

Decline the job offer and wait for something better

Manipulative Cliquey Brit Boys Club

Former Employee - Middle Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Middle Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Tag is an impressive company going from start up to worldwide enterprise to being acquired in a relatively short amount of time, in a competitive business environment. They have the business network and systems and reach to make them good at what they do and to make them a big player.

Cons

I was hired in a Senior Level Client Manager position. Upper management was non-existent. Middle management was a tight group of brit boys and pals who managed very little and just kept things on track with very little change in status quo. The heavy lifting was done by younger employees, underpaid, undervalued and under appreciated. I would not recommend Tag.

Good place for your development

Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- 401K match - Laid-back atmosphere - Work-life balance - Beer Fridays/cookie Wednesdays - Food/snacks in kitchen - Not a lot of politics - Generous and flexible PTOs - Flexible career paths (that is, if you decide to push yourself) - International experience - Great client base - Recognition for good work

Cons

- Low compensations for low-level employees (although their hours are significantly better than typical NYC agencies) - Freedom and flexibility can lead to chaos for some

Advice to Management

- Have dialogues, not planned meetings or speeches - Make compensations more competitive

Stay away if you take pride in your career

I worked at Tag Worldwide full-time

Pros

Best reason to work here is virtually no supervision...no one cares enough or has the talent to know whether you're doing your job properly or not...they don't even know if you're there or not.

Cons

There's no leadership and the place is staffed with young, inexperienced (i.e., inexpensive) personnel who are more ambitious and connected to someone in management than talented.

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to the people you hire and learn how to manage them.

10. Love my experience!

Current Employee - Corporate (I Do Not Work On the Account Side) in New York, NY

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work Global company, which allows for broader experiences Well known clients Strong Social Responsibility program (we often volunteer in shelters and donate to charities) Great Soho location Opportunity for growth Laid back work environment (casual attire, beer Fridays, cookie Wednesdays, friendly employees)

Cons

Strict budgets doesn't allow for much creativity Lots of turnover understandably caused by recent Williams Lea acquisition

Underpaid

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Tag Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beer Fridays, fruit 2 or 3 days a week, cookie Wednesdays, and casual dress

Cons

Disorganization and low pay. The usual sexism with a touch of the usual racism.

Advice to Management

Organize! Stop the favoritism!

RSS Feed </> Embed