Tahitian Noni Reviews

John J. Wadsworth

1. Great place for the student

Former Employee - Call Center in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ample availability for further advancement / promotion fairly good working culture great groups of line employees

Cons

often silo'd from dept. to dept., not much inter-disciplinary interactions salary increases often correlate with company performance, a common risk of multi-level marketing companies

Advice to Management

break down silos whenever possible

2. Great company overall, too much management that didn

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free product. Fun work environment. Call center employees were encouraged to help business customers , IPC, build their business.

Cons

Management of the call center didn't seem to share the vision of the owners of the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the call center employees, they are the face AND ears of the company.

3. Helped me get some good experience at a young age

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to advance if you prove yourself as a hard worker There is a good culture, in my opinion. I was able to have a fun time working with team members while working hard.

Cons

Management in my area at the time was iffy, but has changed since then. Life on the phones can be tough at times, but for some that is the only way to get into this organization. Also, I never really liked the juice. Sort of hard to sell products that you don't really enjoy or believe in.

Advice to Management

Keep giving younger employees opportunities to grow. Also, consider the ideas of those on the ground-level. They really speak with distributors/customers daily and have some great ideas.

5. Good if you're part of the old boy's club.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

I have been working at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 3% 401k matching, good amount of company days off, and competitive paid time off.

Cons

Many incompetent managers, executive board is erratic, making decisions that make little sense, sales team does not work well with creative services, few care about creating good creative support pieces.

Advice to Management

Trust that those you have hired to manage your brand can do so in a more competent manner than you. Listen to their suggestions, and don't exclude them from meetings that should include them.

6. Wish I were still there!

Former Employee - Manager in Provo, UT

I worked at Tahitian Noni full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, great product! Great opportunities to learn and grow. I would work there again in a heart beat.

Cons

I left due to lack of advancement opportunities...was getting bored in position. It might have been worth it to stay put because of the salary and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Keep going with the bonus system. Hire great managers to lead and develop employees.

7. Diverse Company Culture, Some Great Departments, Some Not So Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Technical Professional in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Technical Professional in Provo, UT

I have been working at Tahitian Noni

Pros

If you work in some of the departments, your middle managers are fantastic. Great work-life balance management, genuine appreciation for your contributions, and fun to know and work with. Technical professionals are compensated at around industry average. High quality technical professionals, that are fun to work with, tend to stick around.

Cons

Still suffering from growing pains from being a family run start-up into a multi-national corporation. Many of the decisions made are still made using the "throwing noodles against the wall and see what sticks" mentality. I have heard horror stories from other departments where they were treated badly for minor infractions of their own middle manager's policies. Title means too much in the company. One example: each higher level of manager gets a higher percentage of their paycheck for annual bonuses, despite already having a higher salary. HR tends to treat all employees less than a certain title (see above) like they are freshmen college students that need constant rules and restrictions to prevent goofing off.

Advice to Management

When your corporation has seasoned professionals and "first job" college students, the company needs to straddle the fence to meet the needs of both. HR is failing to meet the needs of the seasoned professional. I propose adopting a new employee retention strategy: treat all like seasoned professionals. If they consistently don't meet their deadlines or performance goals, fire them. It may sound cruel, but you will remove the element that makes your company less productive.

8. Super product and lots of great people but the execs need to stop being so secretive and dictatorial.

I worked at Tahitian Noni

Pros

The juice product is great. It really helps your health. A lot of the people are great too. You can be part of a company that does a lot of good.

Cons

Top management doesnt really listen. They only trust their own opionions and give commands. So...they make lots of mistakes and then punish anyone who notices.

Advice to Management

Make employees and distributors success your only goal and vwalah the rest will take care of itself! Then everyone will trust and help each other an d you wont need to have secrets. Replace executives who have personal agendas with people who really listen and care. Then everyone will be happier and more successful including you.

9. It had been very rewarding from the beginning. I am proud to be associated with Tahitian Noni

Current Employee - Diamond Representative in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Diamond Representative in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Tahitian Noni

Pros

The enthusiasm of the telephone associates is very good. The products work and are at a fairly reasonable cost. People don't believe my age due to the juice slowing down the aging process. My husband has had some physical difficulties and the juice has helped him through easily. We are 80 and 65 and have a lot more energy then some of the younger generation.

Cons

Due to the poor economy, it is difficult to get people to try something new to see IF they can make a go of it. A lot of people don't like the taste of the juice from their experience of years ago making it hard for us to get them to reevaluate the juice. In my area, there are too many people just hanging on by a thread to live, so many of the luxuries are set aside due to the cost. We are discouraged with regard to the Equine set up.

Advice to Management

Try using Morinda Equine as the name for the horse product. Agriculture is confusing. John Wadsworth is awesome and a very humble man who is not afraid to walk with the reps since he came from the research area which is a very tedious job.

The Innovating Network Marketing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Tahitian Noni

Pros

I've been with this company since 1999, and I'm extremely happy. The leadership is unmatched, and their managemnet style makes evrybody contempt woeking there.

Cons

Sometimes there can be some disagreeing with the distributers and corporate leadership. The international offices are great, except sometimes they can be understaffed.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate the network marketing industry, and make your employees your priority always. The five founders are great and have the vision to continue taking TNI to new heights.

Abandon ship!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Provo, UT

I have been working at Tahitian Noni

Pros

Good people to work with. Fun industry. Good benefits, such as free product, matching 401K up to 3%, good health benefits.

Cons

The company is sinking like a rock. Downsizing and layoffs are a part of the business plan it seems. I am not properly compensated. The company has stretched itself so thin that the employees have to be stretched thin too. You would think that after a company has layoffs that it would be, as they always say, more "streamlined." Our company seems to be the opposite.

Advice to Management

Abandon ship.

RSS Feed </> Embed