Tahoe Partners

Updated November 19, 2014
Updated November 19, 2014
4.0

Ray Conrad

Very Happily Employed Here!

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people who work for Tahoe Partners, as stated in previous reviews, are incredibly smart and highly intelligent. To go beyond that, they are also extremely friendly, dedicated, cooperative, and seemingly very loyal. It is really nice to walk into an environment of actual happy employees!

Because the company is currently experiencing a lot of growth, you actually get to be a voice that is heard AND listened to. Management is completely accessible.

There is a work life balance. There is a work life balance. There is a work life balance. Yes!!!

Everyone collaborates and there are growth opportunities pending upon the person and the career path.

Cons

If I had to pick one it would be that office space is a little tight and can be a little loud -- not really a big deal at all.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some the pros include:

- The people are crazy smart. They only hire the best here. In addition, most are pleasant to be around as cultural fit is definitely taken in to consideration during the hiring process
    - Fun culture
    - Upper Management is great. If you are having an issue with something, their doors are generally always open
    - Big clients/projects = great experience
    - The culture is one that generally cares about making clients successful. Because of this Tahoe is basically 100% referable
    - Growing company
    - Good pay/benefits

Cons

None that I can think of. As I mentioned, if you do have an issue, your Manager will be more than happy to help you address it.

You are doing a good job addressing some of the growing pains that any company growing as fast as we are will experience. Keep this up please!

Smart people doing smart things

Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very open environment. Entire managerial team is extremely accessible/open to suggestions. Pay is comparable. Just the right amount of work hard/play hard. Great benefits. Ability/freedom to grow.

Cons

Internal procedures could be more transparent. Other than that though, none I can think of...any concern is addressed clearly and fairly.

Keep inspiring your employees to do great work! No shortage of leading by example here.

Awesome Place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the Pros include:

-Awesome and extremely smart people. They only hire the best. Most are pleasant to be around as well
    -Fun culture
    -Upper Management is great. Their doors are generally open if you need something
    -Competitive pay/good benefits
    -Legitimately care about helping clients succeed. Because of this Tahoe is basically 100% referable
    -Growing rapidly. Big things to come over the next couple years.

Cons

None that I can think of. If you have an issue, your Manager will be more than happy to address it with you.

Great place to work with lots of flexibility!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I interviewed with Tahoe Partners, one of the things that impressed me most was the people. Four years later, this continues to hold true. Tahoe's management team is top notch. Everyone comes from a consulting background, and they really are experts in the field. Not only are they smart, but they are very nice, friendly and helpful. The management team truly cares about their employees and their clients. Client satisfaction is one of the top priorities here, but not at the cost of burning out their staff. There are of course peaks and valleys, but, overall, there is a good amount of work life balance. The company is growing and I get the sense that everyone feels a high level of job security. The environment is very flexible and the focus is on results. It's not a cut-throat or micro-managed environment at all. I enjoy the work that I am doing and the potential growth opportunities that will come with company growth here at Tahoe Partners.

Cons

It takes awhile for people to get to know each other. Because consultants work out at client sites, it could take at least a year for a new person to become exposed to a lot of other employees other than the consultants on his or her initial project(s). There are company events and team events throughout the year, so, with time, people do get to know everyone at the company. But there aren't as many structured events as larger companies might offer. I think most people here are happy with the amount of structured social events, but for people coming from much larger firms, this might be an adjustment at first.

Continue to support employee growth and training. Continue to share company vision and goals with the staff.

Great Projects and Smart Co-workers

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many projects are line of business applications, compared to the less interesting staff augmentation, support, migration work at other SharePoint Consulting firms. My colleagues are knowledgeable, experienced, and easy to work with. Professional development and training opportunities are supported and encouraged. There is little to no travel outside the local Chicago market. C-level team is very personable and friendly to everyone at the company; it's easy to grab lunch with them when at the office, etc.

Cons

The largest consulting firms will provide an experience with more parties and frivolous spending. I don't consider this a problem, as I don't have the time, and I feel there are opportunities for socializing at Tahoe.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have been through an iteration, really an earlier version of the company, and now have a clear focus and structure for growth. The quality of their people and projects are the biggest selling points. Seems to be pointed in the right direction ovreall.

Cons

If you are not self directed you can get lost. The company is great at letting you taking on as much responsibility as you are brave enough to step up for but the paths could be structured better to make the possibilities more clear.

Keep making strides and always remember people are your most important asset, you seem to be on the right track.

Run, run, run, as fast as you can!

I worked at Tahoe Partners

Pros

Consulting based company with deep roots in Microsoft and Sharepoint. Great technical knowledge, absolute no leadership or management knowledge.

Cons

Rarely hear from the C-level founders about their vision and there's absolutely no transparency about expectations. Expectations means that there would be a plan or process in place. Everyone's running around with their heads cut off looking for the next score.

Get your act together to provide true leadership. Not just what's going to line your pockets with bonuses.

Tahoe Partners was a fantastic place to work - from the culture to the service offerings - top notch all around.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The smartest people I have ever worked with. I knew that there was no deal we couldn't win. I learned a tremendous amount working with those individuals - they are the gold standard in my book!

Cons

The economy started its downturn so they made a pretty significant RIF. That was quite sad - felt like the heart of the company was ripped out.

A few less closed door meetings or the "meeting after the meeting" would have been nice, but they're doing a good job and I respect them a lot.

Small company that does not treat employees with respect.

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tahoe Partners

Pros

There seems to be good communication between colleagues and a fostering environment for learning and education for junior staff.

Cons

This is not a company for career advancement and they have no clear reporting structure. If you want any additional computer hardware beyond the basic laptop then you should prepare yourself to buy your own hardware. Although you do get reimbursed for approved expenses, you do not get an expense account - you will have to pay out-of-pocket for all of your travel expenses then get reimbursed.

Treat your employees better and develop a better work-life balance. I strongly suggest that management invests more of the company profits in their employees and properly equip them. You should also work on developing a better work-life balance for the employees.