Tahoe Partners Reviews

Updated March 1, 2015
12 reviews filtered by
4.3
Ray Conrad

1. Everyone at Tahoe has a smile on their face :)

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tahoe is amazing so far. They foster the entrepreneurial sprit, use bleeding edge technologies, practice what they preach and sell. They have happy employees, in my first leadership meeting I was just amazed at how happy everyone was. They are investing in their future with a plan, goals and a vision. I've noticed transparency in every arena I've been in so far.

Cons

If you can't work without a manager over you then this place isn't for you. They care about billable hours but don't babysit consultants. I guess it's not really a con but if you're a good consultant you'll fit in great!

Keep doing what you're doing and we're on our way to bigger and better things.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Tahoe Partners

Pros

While work is work, Tahoe does an excellent job of providing an atmosphere that is both rewarding and enjoyable. They have great flexibility, the quality of delivery makes you feel good about what you are doing and the people are very strong.

Cons

If you are not self directed and motivated you can get lost. You definitely need to have a vision of where you want to go. Tahoe helps you get there but they don't always provide the template for you.

Smile more.

3. Very Happily Employed Here!

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people who work for Tahoe Partners, as stated in previous reviews, are incredibly smart and highly intelligent. To go beyond that, they are also extremely friendly, dedicated, cooperative, and seemingly very loyal. It is really nice to walk into an environment of actual happy employees!

Because the company is currently experiencing a lot of growth, you actually get to be a voice that is heard AND listened to. Management is completely accessible.

There is a work life balance. There is a work life balance. There is a work life balance. Yes!!!

Everyone collaborates and there are growth opportunities pending upon the person and the career path.

Cons

If I had to pick one it would be that office space is a little tight and can be a little loud -- not really a big deal at all.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and welcome aboard! We value our employees and making sure they can strike a work-life balance is one of our highest priorities. It’s good to ... More

Smart people doing smart things

Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very open environment. Entire managerial team is extremely accessible/open to suggestions. Pay is comparable. Just the right amount of work hard/play hard. Great benefits. Ability/freedom to grow.

Cons

Internal procedures could be more transparent. Other than that though, none I can think of...any concern is addressed clearly and fairly.

Keep inspiring your employees to do great work! No shortage of leading by example here.

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re glad to hear that you’ve found the culture to be open, inclusive, and a great fit. We aim to be as straightforward and transparent with ... More

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some the pros include:

- The people are crazy smart. They only hire the best here. In addition, most are pleasant to be around as cultural fit is definitely taken in to consideration during the hiring process
    - Fun culture
    - Upper Management is great. If you are having an issue with something, their doors are generally always open
    - Big clients/projects = great experience
    - The culture is one that generally cares about making clients successful. Because of this Tahoe is basically 100% referable
    - Growing company
    - Good pay/benefits

Cons

None that I can think of. As I mentioned, if you do have an issue, your Manager will be more than happy to help you address it.

You are doing a good job addressing some of the growing pains that any company growing as fast as we are will experience. Keep this up please!

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We do our best to position our consultants to succeed, and our track record of client satisfaction speaks for itself. It’s great to see that you share ... More

Great place to work with lots of flexibility!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I interviewed with Tahoe Partners, one of the things that impressed me most was the people. Four years later, this continues to hold true. Tahoe's management team is top notch. Everyone comes from a consulting background, and they really are experts in the field. Not only are they smart, but they are very nice, friendly and helpful. The management team truly cares about their employees and their clients. Client satisfaction is one of the top priorities here, but not at the cost of burning out their staff. There are of course peaks and valleys, but, overall, there is a good amount of work life balance. The company is growing and I get the sense that everyone feels a high level of job security. The environment is very flexible and the focus is on results. It's not a cut-throat or micro-managed environment at all. I enjoy the work that I am doing and the potential growth opportunities that will come with company growth here at Tahoe Partners.

Cons

It takes awhile for people to get to know each other. Because consultants work out at client sites, it could take at least a year for a new person to become exposed to a lot of other employees other than the consultants on his or her initial project(s). There are company events and team events throughout the year, so, with time, people do get to know everyone at the company. But there aren't as many structured events as larger companies might offer. I think most people here are happy with the amount of structured social events, but for people coming from much larger firms, this might be an adjustment at first.

Continue to support employee growth and training. Continue to share company vision and goals with the staff.

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you are enjoying your work and are excited about the future – we are too! Your feedback on continuing to support employee ... More

Awesome Place to work

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some of the Pros include:

-Awesome and extremely smart people. They only hire the best. Most are pleasant to be around as well
    -Fun culture
    -Upper Management is great. Their doors are generally open if you need something
    -Competitive pay/good benefits
    -Legitimately care about helping clients succeed. Because of this Tahoe is basically 100% referable
    -Growing rapidly. Big things to come over the next couple years.

Cons

None that I can think of. If you have an issue, your Manager will be more than happy to address it with you.

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We couldn’t agree more that our people are some of the smartest around. If you have any additional feedback you’d like to share, don’t hesitate to take ... More

Worst Job Ever!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are very few pro's to working at Tahoe Partners. I guess the Kegerator in the copy room counts as a pro but thats about it. Oh and the company policies state no drinking on the Job!

Cons

Where to start.... First and foremost it is a privately held company and the owners son works there and acts like he is the CEO already. They have no true vision on how to grow. They fly by the seat of their pants and spend money like no tomorrow. If your job is not billable to a client then you are the lowest form of life. I was forgotten about so many times I lost count. No one "really" likes management but they are to afraid to say anything. Management will watch you like a hawk if you get on their bad side and they will make up reasons to fire you.

make your son work somewhere else.

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. We are proud of our bold vision for the company, and have worked hard to communicate it to our team. I regret that we were not able to make that vision ... More

Great Projects and Smart Co-workers

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Tahoe Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Many projects are line of business applications, compared to the less interesting staff augmentation, support, migration work at other SharePoint Consulting firms. My colleagues are knowledgeable, experienced, and easy to work with. Professional development and training opportunities are supported and encouraged. There is little to no travel outside the local Chicago market. C-level team is very personable and friendly to everyone at the company; it's easy to grab lunch with them when at the office, etc.

Cons

The largest consulting firms will provide an experience with more parties and frivolous spending. I don't consider this a problem, as I don't have the time, and I feel there are opportunities for socializing at Tahoe.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jan 12, 2015Manager of Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It’s great to hear that you find your work interesting and challenging, and feel encouraged in your professional development. If you have any further ... More

Tahoe Partners was a fantastic place to work - from the culture to the service offerings - top notch all around.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Tahoe Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The smartest people I have ever worked with. I knew that there was no deal we couldn't win. I learned a tremendous amount working with those individuals - they are the gold standard in my book!

Cons

The economy started its downturn so they made a pretty significant RIF. That was quite sad - felt like the heart of the company was ripped out.

A few less closed door meetings or the "meeting after the meeting" would have been nice, but they're doing a good job and I respect them a lot.