Tait Towers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tait Towers - A Stepping Stone

Production Minded (Current Employee) Lititz, PA

ProsPro's for working at Tait Towers would be simply gaining experience that will enable anyone to work in a chaotic environment under managers that have yet to develop management skills or project management expertise. Left alone, you either maintain composure and develop your skill-sets or you simply find work elsewhere. It's also an environment where you will work on projects like no-other because of the nature of the business, creativity and over the top results along with unique products and the use and implementation of those products.

ConsWhen you are offered a job, be sure to get everything you want to get up front or written up in the employment agreement. HR has a tendency to forget what they have promises. Make sure you understand before committing to employment that there is a double standard with regards to it's employees. Definitely understand that once you commit to employment, the company owns you and your life as you know it is over - meaning work / life balance should be considered an afterthought.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly try and develop the people you have, your employees are the Human Capital not the Human Cattle you push around, through and over. Check your salaries and compensate all those individuals that re dedicated to the success of the company, not just the ones on the wrong side of the double standard.

tough work, CAD intensive, no fun

Designer (Former Employee) Lititz, PA

Proslearn CAD drawing to be a really really good expert on that

Consendless CAD drawing, no engineering training or practice
    low pay
    mandatory overtime

Advice to Senior Managementincrease salary, bring some more fun, reduce overtime

Terrible Management, and a wrong fit for me.

Automation Engineer (Current Employee) Lititz, PA

ProsIf you are in engineering they seem to pay well, and insurance isn't too bad.

They do build some cool stuff but this was really the only satisfaction I could see. There are some neat people there, but the ones you want to learn from only work really. They say work hard, play hard but their play is just more work.

ConsStupid long hours. Unhelpful management, and unwilling to teach anything if you don't already know it.

My first project was one of the largest projects they had ever had. They said draw... I asked tons of questions and was eventually told to sit down and draft..

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage. Talk to your people ask them how they feel, ask if they need help. I needed help and wasn't getting it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great things to work on, though it might be a bumpy ride.

Designer (Former Employee)

ProsTait Towers builds great stages and is incredibly innovative with their work. One of the mottos is "If it's Tait, it's great, but it's late." All completely true. Their fabrication capabilities are never lacking, making being a designer there a dream. Cost is rarely an issue so the company happily reinvents old designs when called to repeat them again. This means that designs are constantly improving and topping themselves.

ConsThe company is very much a boy's club, meaning that it can be difficult to join, or remain a part of the company if you aren't a part of the club. The management can often take the approach that the employee needs the company, not the other way around. And while the work can be exciting, the expendable attitude towards their employees makes it difficult to negotiate or be accurately compensated. The favoritism is insulting at times and leads to a decent amount of turnover from talented individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate and reward your employees appropriately. The company is growing very quickly, and some people feel they are being passed over for obvious opportunities. There are a lot of great people who have passed through Tait or who are still there. Many of them would like to get out of Lititz, PA.

Get to work on things and make stuff that nobody else in the world can do, or is doing

Fabricator (Current Employee) Lititz, PA

Prosget to build amazing stuff, on the cutting edge of high technology. we set the standards for the whole concert industry. i take pride in everything i get to build and everything we get to send on the road. we get to see some of the shows when the tours offer tickets and we always get to read about what other people think of what we have done. there are a ton of great people i work with and we have a lot of fun when we arent stressed out working 70 hours a week!

Consthe company has grown very fast in the last few years and it has been hard to keep up with the amount of work we have to do. but it seems that its slowly getting more organized again.

Advice to Senior Managementhold people accountable for their mistakes and help everyone learn from them. reward the people who show dedication and never stop until the job is done.

Woman Successfully Surviving in a Man's World!

Administrative (Current Employee) Lititz, PA

ProsWhat a pleasure it is to work with a group of bright, talented, creative and hard working people!

As a woman working in a male-dominated field, I have really enjoyed the energy and work ethic that I have found at TAIT Towers. What sets TAIT apart from the rest is that our employees care about producing the best product out there. We're on the very top of our game. We pay attention to detail and we will not settle for mediocre. Working in an environment where second best isn't good enough can be tough and also challenging. You most certainly have to have a thick skin to work here, but, knowing that you work for the very best in staging and automation for the touring entertainment industry is quite a pay-off.

We're all proud to say that we work for TAIT Towers. With offices in Vegas, London, China and Belgium there is no stopping us. I'm looking forward to the ride.

ConsI'd love to see TAIT become a bit more involved with the local community.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to hire and promote women....!! :)

Best Place I ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lititz, PA

ProsHaving the ability to make positive change within an organization, which is promoted by the owners is priceless. The company has tripled in size in the last few years and continues to grow and expand our market share. We pride ourselves on never being satisfied with the norm and encourage our employees to strive to achieve greatness. Great environment, Great people and the coolest place to work! After all these years, I love coming to work.

ConsThere is nothing that I would say is a "con".

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue growing the business and alowing your employees to contribute to the success of the organizaiton.

Made loads of money with the OT to buy my Florida home!

Welder- Fabricator (Former Employee) Lititz, PA

Pros- I love to work and with the overtime made a down payment on my new house
    - Fabricated the coolest stuff I ever saw anywhere
    - Free spirit work environment and the people were awesome
    - Company was growing like crazy with plants all over the world
    - Satisfaction of knowing the Big Name tour stages were partly created by me

Cons- Designs didn't always work perfectly and changes had to be made- usually fast
    - Place could use more room because so much is going on
    - Wish I had my own auto-darkening weld helmet

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on , keepin on with the sick designs and awesome backround scenery. Every time I see a show, I look for Tait's stamp on it. Thanks for my new house!

It was a terrible experience from start to finish that only lasted one month

Welder (Former Employee) Lititz, PA

ProsHigh profile name in the music industry opens doors

ConsExtremely long hours, no balance between home and work, very little notice about overtime they tell you the day of most times and always say it's mandatory, very low pay in comparison to industry standards, dishonesty and poor communication to lower level employees are the standard. Very high turnover rate. One of the most experienced guys on the crew I did orientation with had only been there for 3 years. Very poor initial training they expect you to know everything from the start. They hired me as a welder but in the month that I was there I only got about 3 hours of welding in, the rest of the time they treated me like a gopher.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your production workers, without them you would be nothing. Don't lie to prospective employees! Be honest about overtime and work requirements! Pay your employees proper wages!

Essentially a boy's club; no one has any management training

Designer (Former Employee) Lititz, PA

Pros-Work on amazing designs/structures
    -Get experience in a broad range of products and manufacturing techniques
    -Co-workers are, for the most part, young and enthusiastic

Cons-Management is beyond inept at dealing with employees
    -Mandated "overtime" at decreased pay-rate for salaried designers (begins after 48 hours)
    -Most designers work over 50 hours each week, sometimes up to 80
    -No positive feedback for completed projects
    -If you have a relationship, don't expect it to last. Tait has been the death of many marriages etc. due to the insane hours
    -Not a professional atmosphere, profanity is everywhere
    -Unhealthy, very stressful environment

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Nothing you're doing is working and your employees are beyond frustrated. You need to realize that your employees are your greatest assets... try treating them decently.

Worked for Tait Towers? Contribute to the Community!