Tait Towers Reviews

13 reviews filtered by
CEO

1. Awesome yet stressful

Current Employee - Fabricator in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Tait Towers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Creative atmosphere with some of the most unique individuals you will ever meet. Prepare to be a part of something completely different than anything you could imagine. Very neat to be associated with something so big and recognized around the world. If you ever thought you were completely surrounded in a sea of idiots you weren't swimming in this sea. Benefits are very good. Pay can be good if you enter as a professional in the department you work.

Cons

Very little training. Either fit into the "cool crew" or be tossed to the sharks. Make sure you have on paper what you will be rewarded for your work (dot your i's and cross your t's!). If you don't have a tough skin don't expect to be here long. Doesn't seem to be a fair pay scale( Although it has been being addressed lately), huge variations within departments between similarly skilled workers. Department leads must make, and insist on regulated ways of getting things done.

Advice to Management

Put your foot down on the floor and step up to the challenge of making the department you're in charge of functional. What your employees want to do is not always what needs to be done must be understood by those not "playing well with others". Management needs to take control of their crew and make their decisions final and not back away from them.

2. Terrible

I have been working at Tait Towers

Pros

Good coworkers, everyone gets along

Cons

Poor ownership and management, they treat you like a second class citizen. Upper management is very disrespectful to employees that are doing the actual work.

Advice to Management

Treat you employees like they matter and watch production and profits grow!

3. tough work, CAD intensive, no fun

Former Employee - Designer in Lititz, PA
    Former Employee - Designer in Lititz, PA

I worked at Tait Towers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

learn CAD drawing to be a really really good expert on that

Cons

endless CAD drawing, no engineering training or practice
    low pay
    mandatory overtime

Advice to Management

increase salary, bring some more fun, reduce overtime

Terrible Management, and a wrong fit for me.

Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Lititz, PA
    Current Employee - Automation Engineer in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Tait Towers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are in engineering they seem to pay well, and insurance isn't too bad.

They do build some cool stuff but this was really the only satisfaction I could see. There are some neat people there, but the ones you want to learn from only work really. They say work hard, play hard but their play is just more work.

Cons

Stupid long hours. Unhelpful management, and unwilling to teach anything if you don't already know it.

My first project was one of the largest projects they had ever had. They said draw... I asked tons of questions and was eventually told to sit down and draft..

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage. Talk to your people ask them how they feel, ask if they need help. I needed help and wasn't getting it.

Tait Towers - A Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Production Minded in Lititz, PA
    Current Employee - Production Minded in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Tait Towers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pro's for working at Tait Towers would be simply gaining experience that will enable anyone to work in a chaotic environment under managers that have yet to develop management skills or project management expertise. Left alone, you either maintain composure and develop your skill-sets or you simply find work elsewhere. It's also an environment where you will work on projects like no-other because of the nature of the business, creativity and over the top results along with unique products and the use and implementation of those products.

Cons

When you are offered a job, be sure to get everything you want to get up front or written up in the employment agreement. HR has a tendency to forget what they have promises. Make sure you understand before committing to employment that there is a double standard with regards to it's employees. Definitely understand that once you commit to employment, the company owns you and your life as you know it is over - meaning work / life balance should be considered an afterthought.

Advice to Management

Truly try and develop the people you have, your employees are the Human Capital not the Human Cattle you push around, through and over. Check your salaries and compensate all those individuals that re dedicated to the success of the company, not just the ones on the wrong side of the double standard.

7. Great things to work on, though it might be a bumpy ride.

Former Employee - Designer
    Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Tait Towers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Tait Towers builds great stages and is incredibly innovative with their work. One of the mottos is "If it's Tait, it's great, but it's late." All completely true. Their fabrication capabilities are never lacking, making being a designer there a dream. Cost is rarely an issue so the company happily reinvents old designs when called to repeat them again. This means that designs are constantly improving and topping themselves.

Cons

The company is very much a boy's club, meaning that it can be difficult to join, or remain a part of the company if you aren't a part of the club. The management can often take the approach that the employee needs the company, not the other way around. And while the work can be exciting, the expendable attitude towards their employees makes it difficult to negotiate or be accurately compensated. The favoritism is insulting at times and leads to a decent amount of turnover from talented individuals.

Advice to Management

Compensate and reward your employees appropriately. The company is growing very quickly, and some people feel they are being passed over for obvious opportunities. There are a lot of great people who have passed through Tait or who are still there. Many of them would like to get out of Lititz, PA.

Get to work on things and make stuff that nobody else in the world can do, or is doing

Current Employee - Fabricator in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Tait Towers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

get to build amazing stuff, on the cutting edge of high technology. we set the standards for the whole concert industry. i take pride in everything i get to build and everything we get to send on the road. we get to see some of the shows when the tours offer tickets and we always get to read about what other people think of what we have done. there are a ton of great people i work with and we have a lot of fun when we arent stressed out working 70 hours a week!

Cons

the company has grown very fast in the last few years and it has been hard to keep up with the amount of work we have to do. but it seems that its slowly getting more organized again.

Advice to Management

hold people accountable for their mistakes and help everyone learn from them. reward the people who show dedication and never stop until the job is done.

9. Woman Successfully Surviving in a Man's World!

Current Employee - Administrative in Lititz, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Tait Towers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

What a pleasure it is to work with a group of bright, talented, creative and hard working people!

As a woman working in a male-dominated field, I have really enjoyed the energy and work ethic that I have found at TAIT Towers. What sets TAIT apart from the rest is that our employees care about producing the best product out there. We're on the very top of our game. We pay attention to detail and we will not settle for mediocre. Working in an environment where second best isn't good enough can be tough and also challenging. You most certainly have to have a thick skin to work here, but, knowing that you work for the very best in staging and automation for the touring entertainment industry is quite a pay-off.

We're all proud to say that we work for TAIT Towers. With offices in Vegas, London, China and Belgium there is no stopping us. I'm looking forward to the ride.

Cons

I'd love to see TAIT become a bit more involved with the local community.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire and promote women....!! :)

10. Best Place I ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lititz, PA

I have been working at Tait Towers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Having the ability to make positive change within an organization, which is promoted by the owners is priceless. The company has tripled in size in the last few years and continues to grow and expand our market share. We pride ourselves on never being satisfied with the norm and encourage our employees to strive to achieve greatness. Great environment, Great people and the coolest place to work! After all these years, I love coming to work.

Cons

There is nothing that I would say is a "con".

Advice to Management

Continue growing the business and alowing your employees to contribute to the success of the organizaiton.

11. Made loads of money with the OT to buy my Florida home!

Former Employee - Welder- Fabricator in Lititz, PA
    Former Employee - Welder- Fabricator in Lititz, PA

I worked at Tait Towers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- I love to work and with the overtime made a down payment on my new house
    - Fabricated the coolest stuff I ever saw anywhere
    - Free spirit work environment and the people were awesome
    - Company was growing like crazy with plants all over the world
    - Satisfaction of knowing the Big Name tour stages were partly created by me

Cons

- Designs didn't always work perfectly and changes had to be made- usually fast
    - Place could use more room because so much is going on
    - Wish I had my own auto-darkening weld helmet

Advice to Management

Keep on , keepin on with the sick designs and awesome backround scenery. Every time I see a show, I look for Tait's stamp on it. Thanks for my new house!