Takata

Shigehisa Takada

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Potential, But Tentative Approach

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsInteresting challenges related to automotive safety electronics. Smaller company feel, with the financial backing of larger company. Good people. Potential to achieve a lot. Good place to learn best practices in the automotive electronics industry.

ConsCompany is trying to compete with well established automotive electronics companies (TRW, Bosch) in advanced driver assistance safety systems. Not always willing to put the resources into a project to be able to compete. Has had a series of layoffs over the past 10 years during times when they should have been investing for the future. Limited opportunity for advancement because of minimal success and essentially flat to negative growth.

It's mediocre at best.

Product Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsIf you'd like an engineering position that doesn't require much engineering background this is the job for you.
    If you're bad at math equations this is the job for you, I haven't had to use a single one from college yet.
    Relatively straight forward job.

ConsPoor support from upper management, after having skip level meetings nothing came of it.
    Not enough designer support, releasing changes sometimes takes months.
    Poor communication between engineering, the plants, program management, and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide better support for the engineers. Not being able to make changes, receive parts, or communicate between groups makes working very difficult.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fun if you enjoy the "chaos and heroes" environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Farmington Hills, MI

ProsProvide whatever resources are required to get the job done

ConsOld school development environment can tiring unless you thrive

Advice to Senior ManagementEase off on treating employees as slackers
    Institutionalize 21st century processes

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsWorking with experienced professionals that are willing to offer insight and knowledge to other employees. Opportunity to expand current job role.

ConsThe company struggles with organizational and global development. Unclear processes or explanations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive clear explanations and expectations. Show company support for all programs, areas, and products. Follow through.

I miss my old job

Account Manager (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat boss, great people. I was lucky enough to be in sales, and could basically set my own hours. Very fulfilling to see my product in production, saving lives. I felt I was underpaid because I didn't get commission on top of my salary. I now work somewhere that pays commission, but they don't do anything to help us get more sales!! I miss Takata.

ConsLOTS of work... Biggest supplier of seatbelts in the world, and doing it with 1/3 less people than the nearest competitor. Count on 45-50 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Directors to hire more people. I hope this has changed since I left last year, but we couldn't get approval to hire more sales people.

Exceptional Senior Management Support

Director (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsTakata allows employees the flexibility to accomplish their work and balance their personal lives. Takata always listens to their employees and accomodates them as best they can.

ConsWorkload is always heavy and continuous. Optimize staffing and sharing of resources to ensure customer deliverables are met.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect key employees within the organziation to replace and backfil executive management turnover.

Good place to work, growing business, changes being made for the better.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

Prosi like the new customer structure. i think it helps focus the teams better. a lot of changes happening that are making the place better.

Consthe workload is high as there are many programs and people are not being hired fast enough. the organization is still changing after a year.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate more frequently and more openly

Wow...some people are hard to please

Program Manager (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat co-workers. Great feeling that I am saving lives by making safety restraints. I feel I am well compensated, although healthcare costs keep going up. good 401(k) match, auto discounts, flexible work hours, etc...

ConsLong hours when launching a new product. Travel to Mexico sometimes needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more

You work with losers, you become a loser.

Former Employee (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsFree food in the break room.

ConsIncompetent workforce that is widespread and widely acceptable.
    Lack of accountability, professionalism, and resources in every group.
    Low morale and extremely dissatisfied, unhappy employees.
    Massive recall of ~3.1 million airbags resulting in a loss of $307M. Google it. Investors beware.
    Lack of innovation, inventions, goals. Clock in, clock out, non-competitive, unsustainable environment.
    Poor performing plants, plant management, and senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to put your relatives on the payroll.

Great experience out of college but long hours and low pay

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat experience in fast-paced design and test engineering- once you have worked here you will be well prepared and qualified for other engineering positions.
    Great benefits and 401k plan.
    Generally fun work environment, depending on group.

ConsSalary far below industry standards.
    Personal life takes a back seat to the job. Long hours and much travel required depending on who you work for.
    Management refuses to recognize talent in performance reviews or compensation.
    Takes several years to earn any extra vacation.

Worked for Takata? Contribute to the Community!