Takata

Shigehisa Takada

Exceptional Senior Management Support

Director (Current Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

ProsTakata allows employees the flexibility to accomplish their work and balance their personal lives. Takata always listens to their employees and accomodates them as best they can.

ConsWorkload is always heavy and continuous. Optimize staffing and sharing of resources to ensure customer deliverables are met.

Advice to Senior ManagementSelect key employees within the organziation to replace and backfil executive management turnover.

Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are Genuine. Better work culture.

ConsAppointment processing is very slow.

Great work environment for 21 Years

Production Worker (Former Employee)
    Aschaffenburg (Germany)

Prosnice Co-workers and Supervisors, good Pay

Consmeeting the standards of the company but once you get trained right then you can do it

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of experience the products are safety related so the specifications requirements and responsibilities are very high. The company has a lots of different customers so there a lot to learn.

ConsSlow growth i have been in the company for 8 years and i have seen a lot of good hard working people to stay the same or have a slow growth due to management

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focused on the employees

I miss my old job

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat boss, great people. I was lucky enough to be in sales, and could basically set my own hours. Very fulfilling to see my product in production, saving lives. I felt I was underpaid because I didn't get commission on top of my salary. I now work somewhere that pays commission, but they don't do anything to help us get more sales!! I miss Takata.

ConsLOTS of work... Biggest supplier of seatbelts in the world, and doing it with 1/3 less people than the nearest competitor. Count on 45-50 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Directors to hire more people. I hope this has changed since I left last year, but we couldn't get approval to hire more sales people.

Good Place to Work

Auburn Hills, MI

ProsWorking with experienced professionals that are willing to offer insight and knowledge to other employees. Opportunity to expand current job role.

ConsThe company struggles with organizational and global development. Unclear processes or explanations.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive clear explanations and expectations. Show company support for all programs, areas, and products. Follow through.

Good Experience

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsManagement is working to improve the companies global position

ConsVery slow in addressing issues with structure and hiring enough personnal to handle new programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a part of the new global plan, please incorporate the employee surveys. I believe this garners accountability.

Good place to work, growing business, changes being made for the better.

Auburn Hills, MI

Prosi like the new customer structure. i think it helps focus the teams better. a lot of changes happening that are making the place better.

Consthe workload is high as there are many programs and people are not being hired fast enough. the organization is still changing after a year.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate more frequently and more openly

Good Place to Work; Great People

ProsGreat work environment with great people. Organization is structured into teams, and you know when you get into a good one. The work is rewarding. Career growth opportunities are available.

ConsDemanding work in the automotive industry. Long hours, tight deadlines, and navigating through corporate layers is challenging. As a Japanese company, communication with corporate entities across an ocean with a 13 hour time different can be a headache.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus energy on product quality and R&D.

Wow...some people are hard to please

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat co-workers. Great feeling that I am saving lives by making safety restraints. I feel I am well compensated, although healthcare costs keep going up. good 401(k) match, auto discounts, flexible work hours, etc...

ConsLong hours when launching a new product. Travel to Mexico sometimes needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more

Worked for Takata? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Takata reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Takata CEO Shigehisa Takada . All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Takata employees.