Take Care Health

Take Care Health Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Take Care Health President, Walgreens Health and Wellness division Hal F. Rosenbluth

Hal F. Rosenbluth

Pros
  • flexibility to work from home and good work-life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Good pay, Good Benefits, initially(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of turnover due to the poor work-life balance(in 4 reviews)

• upper management is clueless and non-responsive(in 4 reviews)

It is a job

IT Development (Current Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsIt is a paycheck - just need to not care about long term job security or about doing things correctly.

ConsHigh turnover, software development is moving to Nashville TN. Manager's don't understand software development and are not good. Everything is criitical and high priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck you will need it

Lots of Disconnect between upper management and site employees

Senior Health Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) Armonk, NY

ProsGreat Competitive pay. Great place to start a fitness career out of college. You can be creative with you programing.

Consthe only way to move up in the company is to become management. That might be ok for some, but I went to school for exercise not business. The is a lot of disconnect between "Walgreen's" and the sites. They don't seem to understand what clients want from a corporate fitness facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to each site and don't weigh them down with so much red tape. Let them do what they were trained to do.

Employer was an ok place to work.

Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) Conshohocken, PA

ProsCausal atmosphere. Friendly co-workers. Great location.

ConsOnce a month pay. Owned by Walgreens.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wellness Coach for a Fortune 500 Company's Corporate Wellness Program

Wellness Coach (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsSalary, health insurance and 401K plan, paid time off, continuing education allowance. Direct management Direct supervisors/managers very easy to work with, great liasons between coaches and client, and between coaches and Take Care Health corporate.

ConsHuge disconnect between upper management at Take Care Health corporate and lower management at client sites. Overall lack of true direction and lack of solid idea of where the line is drawn between being a TCHS employee and being an employee of the client. Client very often is in the driver's seat, despite clear company policies at TCHS as to what the coaches are supposed to do per the contract.

Take Care

Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsStart up primary care clinic within a busy semiconductor plant. Fabulous idea. Reminded me of daycare at work. Very progressive and worker/patient focused. Recruiters did an amazing job picking staff. Except for two failures, they were the best group I've ever worked with in a clinical setting. Good salary and benefits.

ConsThat said, the company itself is unable to maintain focus on the mission. It became very obvious profit was the point. Yeah, that's business. As a healthcare provider though, I have enough to do to keep abreast of health, wellness, disease, medications etc. Weekly meetings emails etc about billing and rare meetings about healthcare ended my stay after 8 months. Additionally, the most awkward and time consuming EMR, Primesuite, added ridiculous burden to patient visits. Not because of the patient data. This system can automate billing. In order to do that, EVERYTHING that affects billing had to be made a data point that could be manipulated. Nice idea in theory. In actuality, Takecare made no move to support staff to take those clickable items match the reality and workflow of a disease management standard or a patient visit. Hence all those meeting to go over billing "errors."

Advice to Senior ManagementHealthcare mission has to be the point of patient care. And any business workflow software is supposed to match the work and improve it, not just make the financial division happy.

QA Department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- so many projects always something to do

Cons- not a good coordination amongst team, bunch of offshore robots/gultis

Advice to Senior Management- stop running into room with red light flashing

Fantastic leadership, great salary and the best physician job ever!

Physician (Former Employee)

ProsAs a physician, I can focus exclusively on patient care and not worry with any details of actually running a practice. There is tremendous internal support for the physicians with a wonderful work environment filled with grateful, respectful patients who are thrilled to have a workplace physician onsite.

ConsIf the client decides to close their onsite health clinic or go with another clinic management company, then the job disappears through no fault of your own as the physician. So there's not the element of geographic stability that one can get with a typical private practice in a community setting.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep spreading to more geographic markets and keep up the good work!

HUGE problems brewing....... NP's beware!

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Conshohocken, PA

Prosused to feel like the NP's had support and the retail health model was attractive because it was structured and we only treated acute illness (which made sense because its inside drugstore)

ConsOut of the clear blue sky, the company is now treating chronic conditions= HUGE PROBLEMS and threats to our NP license.

There is only one NP that works in the clinic by themselves for 12 hour shifts. Rarely, a clinic will have a part time medical assistant, but most clinics never do. How is one NP supposed to treat the ENDLESS line of walk in patients waiting to be see for acute illnesses, school physicals or vaccines AND treat patients' chronic diabetes, COPD, emphysema, severe blood pressure problems, thyroid disease all in the back of a Walgreens store? We as NP's do not feel equipped (with staff, reliable EMR, or structured clinical guidelines for these conditions or EXPERIENCE in treating these conditions).

Yes, many of us have NEVER treated these conditions before as our only experience is in the retail clinic (quick, small acute conditions only such as colds, flus, UTI's, and strep throat). Many of us are new grads (with NO previous experience), and those of us who have experience in previous jobs in physicians offices treating more serious long term conditions are out of practice and have not treated them in several YEARS!

Our company announced that we are now going to start treating these chronic conditions OVERNIGHT, with ZERO training involved. We were given a reference to a random website that has medical journals regarding these conditions but no actual Take Care clinic guidelines (no plan, no quick references, NOTHING) . Also, we do not have list of exactly what conditions these are. Just a vague idea.

So what are we supposed to do if we've never treated these conditions before? How do we know when to refer out and when to treat in store? We work by ourselves and can call a physician over the phone (the MD we have never seen in person, and he/she does not practice at all in the stores) and ask them a few of the questions but that is not a substitute for actual experience and honed clinical judgement.

It is just not SAFE nor realistic to say we will be treating chronic conditions, ordering blood work and xrays etc at least without the proper training and support and staff. We dont have a lab, an assistant to draw blood, any machines) Who is supposed to follow up on that blood work and read the xrays etc? Especially if we do not really know how to read labs?! This should all really be done in a primary care setting where there is a staff helping us- other NP's , other MD's to help us, our nurses to take vitals, an entire front office staff etc. The worst part is that patients who are VERY sick with these conditions are being mislead that it is safe to be treated in a store while running their errands. The line has to be drawm somewhere in the name of safety.

Our computer system barely works properly and is very unreliable (EMR), we do all the front office work ourselves (checking in patients, verifying insurances, follow up calls, cleaning the office, mopping, sweeping, trash,housekeeping etc) all by ourselves and play referee with the patients waiting in line who dont want to wait to be seen at the clinic (even if they are walk ins without an appointment) Our compensation remains the exact same. Why are we not getting paid to be the NP, office manager, and janitor?

If we start to treat chronic conditions with no valid support whatsoever, we are being set up for failure from the beginning and we are definitely at risk for losing our licenses. Especially if we have little to no recent experience treating these conditions comfortably. It is a HUGE problem that we are now facing and us NP's do not know what we are going to do .....Its just not realistic and we feel slapped in the face because we were hired to work in an actue illness setting and suddenly the entire job scope changes overnight with no support, or game plan.

We fear for patient safety, our jobs, and our licenses...... and its disappointing because we want to be successful.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are approaching the expansion of services all wrong. You need to provide REAL guidance and a structured PLAN for these conditions and need to take the time to make sure each NP feels comfortable. Anything less is unfair to the staff and to the patients who depend on us.

Great or Not so great depending on what you are looking for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winnemucca, NV

ProsSalary is fair, Benefits are good, PTO accumulation is good, policies in place to encourage evidence based medicine

ConsPoor managers make poor teams. Office gossip is frequently the order of the day and is not curbed. When the managers participate in ofice gossip, it's a challenge to put a stop to it. The clinic creates an illusive atmosphere of friendship and commaderie that is only at face level as employees have learned to say the right things to the right people. There is quite a bit of kissing the bosses behind, staff members are often fake.
    Lots of policies which are ok, but the managers often forget the reason for the policies is to improve patient care and satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiscourage gossip, this should start at the top. Create an environment where your staff is willing to come to work because they enjoy it, the majority of staff are only there because they need the salary. It takes more than meetings and activities to create a real team enviroment. People who are friends hang out, hanging out does not necessarily mean people are friends.

my time at take care health

Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosorganized system all clinics are clones of one another,

Consalways shorthanded, constant change, numerous meetings before, during and after work that are mandatory, market managers never happy with your work, demanding patients, work on every holiday except christmas and thanksgiving and many times you just it there all day and see no one. The company trips over dollars to make pennies. New services always being implemented without asking the practicing clinicians for their imput.

Advice to Senior Managementwe don't need as many of you, and the ones at the top need to ask for the nurse practitioners input who work there about what they are experiencing every day before giving them new duties that do not belong in a retail clinic

Worked for Take Care Health? Contribute to the Community!