www.takecarehealth.com

Take Care Health Reviews

Updated October 27, 2014
Updated October 27, 2014
2.8

Take Care Health President, Walgreens Health and Wellness division Hal F. Rosenbluth
Hal F. Rosenbluth

Pros
  • flexibility to work from home and good work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• I enjoy my coworkers and clients at the fitness center; it is a generally pleasant work environment (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of turnover due to the poor work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

• upper management is clueless and non-responsive (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, need organization sometimes

I worked at Take Care Health

Pros

generally the onsite health offices are great places to work and care for patients.

Cons

However they tend to single provider units and Take Care as a company sometimes has trouble really meeting the needs of the provider in an organized and effective manner. The corporate feel only increased over the 3 years I worked for them, but I wouldn't consider any of these issues a deal breaker as the onsite clinic are generally great places to work

Keep everyone in the loop in communication really helps smooth the bumps in the road

Struggling Company - Merger stressors

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Take Care Health part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility with work time as long as the job gets done. Able to work independently. Casual work environment. Compensation fair. Positive work life balance.

Cons

No opportunity for growth or development. Mid-level management too overwhelmed and overstressed to listen.They are uninformed of company policy and procedure. Junior lead staff are inexperienced and poorly trained making them stressed in dealing with their role. End users receive no support. Impersonal, apathetic culture.

Value your employees, mentor them, grow them in the company, listen to them.

Disappointing and glad it's over.

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner

I worked at Take Care Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you like 12 hour shifts and no take home work this may work for you.

Cons

Very little flexibility beyond begging people to pick up shifts. Management doesn't show consideration for the FNPs - the focus is completely about the numbers. The bonus opportunity is a joke and is based on the market not on your own work. They've cut the MAs. EMR frequently breaks but they don't invest in long term fixes. Just overall a disappointing experience and I'm glad it's over.

Gained experience. Company is sometimes dishonest.

I have been working at Take Care Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility and the people. Great Work life balance.

Cons

No room for growth. Number of contractors. Low pay. You can only advance if you know someone.

Be transparent. Do not allow contractors to go from being a contractor to management. Increase pay.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Take Care Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

weekends off, 8 hr. shift. easy job for those who can't run around the hospital or commit to a 12 hr. shift. decent pay and benefits for RN.

Cons

No education growth, company doesn't pay for any education. Too many issues with software's, faulty management system; no room for growth, in my case re-reimbursement policies changed before and after my work trip.

better compensation package, educational training, on the job CE credits, advancement opportunities, functioning OHM software.

Good and yet not so good

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Take Care Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

co workers, pay, benifits, pto

Cons

lack of management communication. Lack of people that actually understand how our medical offices work.

promotions, tuition reimburstment

medical assistant

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Baldwin, GA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Baldwin, GA

I worked at Take Care Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the salary and benefits are excellent for the area.

Cons

the management and physicians suck they are disregarding of thier employees.

listen to the people around you

Take Care Health Systems - Consultant View

Current Employee - LOA in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Current Employee - LOA in Aliso Viejo, CA

I have been working at Take Care Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Completely Free and away from Corp Culture

Cons

Never felt like I belonged to TCHS

Too much online training that didn't apply to my role

Knee Jerk

Former Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Technology in Franklin, TN

I worked at Take Care Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office with some really nice people, not all but some really nice people.

Cons

The management there is horrid! The good Ol' Boy network resides there and unless you are liked by all the good Ol' boys and girls you are ostracized! Very unprofessional, and poor real managment where they take interest in the employees. Unless you want to be just a number then look elsewhere!

Learn how to manage people and not just processes!

Worst company you could possibly work for. DONT DO IT!

Former Employee - FNP in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - FNP in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Take Care Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting workplace in industrial environment. That's about it. They will ruin any company they start working for.

Cons

Prejudicial management. I am white, a black MA was mercilessly abused emotionally at this job. She complained to management in Kentucky, they immediately called her supervisor and laughed about it and blew it off. They are run by people that were fired from other places, and are very cliquish in their hiring procedures. The nurses will hire their friends, your evaluation will be faked so you cannot possible make any progress. Worse place Ive ever seen. No management competance. I have no idea how they could possible keep their jobs, except the management is just as horrible.

Fire all your incompetant managers, and their unqualified friends that take over offices. Quit breaking the rules and allowing unqualified people to do jobs they are not licensed or qualified to do. Don't allow your management to get away with things like letting a provider work and see patients without a state license, write controlled substances without a DEA license. Hire their friends, make money for "recommending" them, and sitting around in cliques at offices making jokes and sexually explicit comments about their "lifestyle" and about other employees. Allowing these "favorites" to have their managers fake their time cards. Having these managers clock in people that aren't actually at work. Allowing an employee that called in sick over 20 times in the first 90 days of employment keep their job,(bacause she's your cousin). Then allow these "friends" in your clique to get away with anyting as long as they spy on other employees and tell their version of office gossip to you on the way in to work after being late 3 weeks in a row. The whole system of management is a joke. Kentucky supervisors are an even bigger joke. Most should be in jail. So many issues I cannot even begin to list them all.