Take-Two

Be The First To
Add Photos

Take-Two Chairman & CEO Strauss Zelnick

Strauss Zelnick

"Jump on the opportunity to work here"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood culture that sponsors growth, and looking to develop new processes to retain and promote from within. Some of the brightest technologist I've worked with. Relaxed corporate culture that lets you have some individuality.

Conscan't say I've seen cons that aren't being rapidly addressed currently.

Bureaucratic issues will stonewall you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsManager, Director level and above is smooth sailing, you will be promoted for showing up to work and sticking with it for a few years. Eventually you will plateau.

You will learn a lot, especially about office politics. Work life balance is what you make of it, they will not force you to work weekends.

ConsCorporate culture does not match studio culture. Pay is on the low end for most positions, poor bonus structure.

Bureaucratic issues run wild and will prevent you from succeeding in any project or career advancement. Rewards do not coincide with performance.

The HR department has turned over numerous times, a bad sign in general. The IT department has turned over 4 times in the last 5 years, and other departments at startling rates.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of redundant management and poor performers. Look for the few leaders that stand out and give them the freedom to succeed.

Spent over a year being overworked, under appreciated and underpaid, and left for a job where I can make an impact.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe benefits package offered is actually very good compared to what is out there. I met some great people working for the company, and there is nice collaboration between departments within the Corporate office. The office decor is nice, depending on which department you are in. Free bottled water is nice, if you know where to find it.

ConsThere is no work-life balance here. The corporate culture is non-existent. They sell a "cool, creative and fun" environment, but it truly is anything but. That is the culture at many of the labels, but not at HQ. The worse place to be in this company is in HQ. The message that is perceived by corporate employees is "you don't make games, so you don't matter." This is reflected both in pay and treatment. The HR Department has actually turned over almost entirely twice in the last 4-5 years. Major red flag.

Performance management is a funny thing here. Employees are compensated more for seniority than they are for being high performers. After walking into a major mess and huge projects already happening, my manager told me, "Everyone gets 'Meets Expectations' in their first year" - not quite reviewing performance if everyone gets the same thing no matter what.

Those seeking work for one of the labels will be much better off, as the pay is higher and bonus payouts are more lucrative.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the employees in corporate who bust their tails to support, serve and bend over backwards for the labels. There is a huge disconnect from department heads to those in the trenches. A couple of departments have had mass exodus lately, and this is likely one reason why.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience was mostly negative working at Take-Two. The QA department was poorly managed and unsatisfactory.

Compliance Tester (Former Employee) Northridge, CA

ProsDay shift ends at 7:00 PM allowing employees to get home earlier than most QA dayshift positions.

ConsPoor management and leadership, poor QA department rules and regulations. QA department development, incentives and testing procedures are less than average and at times counter intuitive to efficient testing.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange policies to better suit employee retention, development and encouragement.

Take-two was a great place to work for, being a QA tester was fun and rewarding.

Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe atmosphere was exhilarating, getting to go to work and essentially play a video game all day. "Choose your own adventure" was a motto at the Las Vegas location. Giving workers the opportunity to pick what game they wanted to work on. The workers are all very inviting and very respectful and the management is always willing to help and give advice.

ConsThe sudden over time can get a little out of control, but they do give you OT pay for your time. Some of the tasks that are given can be very mundane, but that's the nature of the beast when you have to check and recheck certain facets of the game and data. The pipeline for those with art degrees is none existent, you can only move to other areas in the QA department, not jump into the actual creation of the games themselves.

great opportunity to build experience, but get out once you realize how much you're worth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proscasual work environment, no micromanagment / no one looking over your shoulder. great place to work if you have a family, management is flexible about the pressures of your personal life.

Conscommunication is a mess. no one cares about fixing what's broken in the company. entry-level guys are worked to the bone with no hope of improved salary/position, management doesn't care about your future at the company.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your people

Pretty decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsT2 is a decent place to work and has a casual atmosphere so you can wear basically whatever you'd like to work (within the proper limits), the people here are nice to work with, the location is good (in NoHo), and the opportunity for advancement has been good depending on what department you are in.

ConsAlthough career advancement has been good, I feel that this may taper off for now. The company tends to hire management that may be unnecessary and usually has a disparate impact on the rest of the departments. Also management could use some developing to learn how to better coach and create career paths.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to meet with employees of all levels to really assess what needs the company has. The company could be more efficient and hiring all the extras isn't really necessary.

pretty good

Prosalways interesting work to do, and it is possible to lead a life outside of work.

Conspoor mid level leadership in the sports games department.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like what 2k games is doing with interesting IP. I would like to see us innovating in the sports department as well rather than just chasing our competitors.

just being honest.

3D Artist (Current Employee)

Prosthey respect your weekends. the weekends are yours unless it gets very busy but then they will try not to make you work on your weekends. in turn the weekdays might be longer at crunch mode but you do get OT. they won't offer a higher position unless you have some type of interest in the position. if you need to take time off for certain reasons its fairly easy to request time off unless your in chrunch mode. if your responsible and cover your hours accordingly you can take time in the day to excercise and do your preventative care.

Conslike any big video game company(100+employees) your just a number. they don't look at your tenure or what you have accomplished, being layed off is common. with 100+ employees perks might be hard to come by but at least do something to let your employees know that they're appreciated. as aways the political game is played here as well. if a boss likes you then you're favored. we usually don't get much feedback since work is pretty consistent and constant. down time has been far inbetween. most of the crunch time modes coincide with usual vacation months summer time and xmas times.

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your workers not with words but with action.

Cool place to work, but that's about it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) West Chester, OH

ProsHey, It is a video game company. But the perks were not what you would expect. It is an extremely fast paced environment and you will learn new things very quickly.

ConsThe big perks are directed to the developers and there is a big rift between the development houses and the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince there has been a change in leadership things have been better. Keep up the good work, know who is in the trenches working for you. They can help make it a better place.

Worked for Take-Two? Contribute to the Community!