Take-Two

Be The First To
Add Photos

Take-Two Chairman & CEO Strauss Zelnick

Strauss Zelnick

"Jump on the opportunity to work here"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood culture that sponsors growth, and looking to develop new processes to retain and promote from within. Some of the brightest technologist I've worked with. Relaxed corporate culture that lets you have some individuality.

Conscan't say I've seen cons that aren't being rapidly addressed currently.

Take - Two Interactive Software Inc. Review

International Marketing & PR Executive (Former Employee) Windsor, South East England, England (UK)

ProsGood career opportunity
    Amazing environment and employees

ConsTakes a lot of your social life

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to junior staff more, in order to grow. They are the people on the ground.

Best products in the industry

ProsGreat products and fantastic group of super creative people, hard to find a more interesting place to work in the Digital Media & Entertainment industry. Working on projects that changes the industry and establishes new benchmarks at every product launch never gets old, and you get acknowledgement for your contribution.

ConsSome red tape and changing priorities - but it comes with the territory, only way to ensure the best rise to the surface.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Take-two was a great place to work for, being a QA tester was fun and rewarding.

Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe atmosphere was exhilarating, getting to go to work and essentially play a video game all day. "Choose your own adventure" was a motto at the Las Vegas location. Giving workers the opportunity to pick what game they wanted to work on. The workers are all very inviting and very respectful and the management is always willing to help and give advice.

ConsThe sudden over time can get a little out of control, but they do give you OT pay for your time. Some of the tasks that are given can be very mundane, but that's the nature of the beast when you have to check and recheck certain facets of the game and data. The pipeline for those with art degrees is none existent, you can only move to other areas in the QA department, not jump into the actual creation of the games themselves.

Young,Full of energy.

Programmer (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Prosyou will work with guys are as similar as you , be strong in technologies , have dream, full of energy.

Conslow salary and do not emphasis on technology people

Pretty decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsT2 is a decent place to work and has a casual atmosphere so you can wear basically whatever you'd like to work (within the proper limits), the people here are nice to work with, the location is good (in NoHo), and the opportunity for advancement has been good depending on what department you are in.

ConsAlthough career advancement has been good, I feel that this may taper off for now. The company tends to hire management that may be unnecessary and usually has a disparate impact on the rest of the departments. Also management could use some developing to learn how to better coach and create career paths.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to meet with employees of all levels to really assess what needs the company has. The company could be more efficient and hiring all the extras isn't really necessary.

pretty good

Prosalways interesting work to do, and it is possible to lead a life outside of work.

Conspoor mid level leadership in the sports games department.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like what 2k games is doing with interesting IP. I would like to see us innovating in the sports department as well rather than just chasing our competitors.

great opportunity to build experience, but get out once you realize how much you're worth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proscasual work environment, no micromanagment / no one looking over your shoulder. great place to work if you have a family, management is flexible about the pressures of your personal life.

Conscommunication is a mess. no one cares about fixing what's broken in the company. entry-level guys are worked to the bone with no hope of improved salary/position, management doesn't care about your future at the company.

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your people

Cool place to work, but that's about it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) West Chester, OH

ProsHey, It is a video game company. But the perks were not what you would expect. It is an extremely fast paced environment and you will learn new things very quickly.

ConsThe big perks are directed to the developers and there is a big rift between the development houses and the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince there has been a change in leadership things have been better. Keep up the good work, know who is in the trenches working for you. They can help make it a better place.

Unfortunate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Windsor, South East England, England (UK)

ProsBased in a nice town. Nice collegues. Possibility to work on some of the best projects in the industry.

ConsNo career prospects, growth, salary improvement... watse of time!

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in your employees shoes and see how it feels.

Worked for Take-Two? Contribute to the Community!