Take-Two Reviews

Reset
4.3
Take-Two Chairman & CEO Strauss Zelnick
Strauss Zelnick

1. "Jump on the opportunity to work here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture that sponsors growth, and looking to develop new processes to retain and promote from within. Some of the brightest technologist I've worked with. Relaxed corporate culture that lets you have some individuality.

Cons

can't say I've seen cons that aren't being rapidly addressed currently.

2. Growth and Development

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Casual work environment. Members of the teams are great, smart, hard-working. Take-Two invokes an environemnt of learning and growth, which is what sets them apart from another employer. I've had the pleasure of meeting and working with amazing people.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience working here.

3. MySQL DBA

Pros

Focused, hard working bunch who like what they do.

Cons

Hours can be long.

5. Dynamic & Very Exciting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Working for Take-Two is a breath of fresh air. Managers encourage creativity, innovation and empower employees to think outside the box. Take-Two fosters an environment full of personal and professional development which rewards hard workers and is committed to growth. I feel supported and motivated in my role and a part of something very cool. It's an exciting time to work in gaming and surrounded by the highest caliber of creativity.

Cons

If too many cupcakes can possibly be an issue for you...

Advice to Management

Keep up all the great work!

Great workplace for top IT talent.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For top-tier IT talent, this is a fantastic and highly rewarding place to work. There is strong, executive IT leadership that values emotional intelligence and people, a rarity for an IT org in today's business world. In less than two years, the incumbent CIO has built a solid leadership team and transformed the IT organization from a cost center to a strategic business partner. Under this leadership I have personally experienced tremendous growth and opportunity, while being able to apply the best of my abilities to some of the most challenging, yet rewarding technical environments. I genuinely am excited to come to work on a daily basis. The company is heavily investing in its people to drive best-in-class technology. Thought leadership and great ideas are welcomed from any position, not just management. Work life balance is flexible and growth opportunities are available for ambitious individuals. The NYC office located on Houston and Broadway in the heart of Soho is a great location to work, with easy access to transportation, restaurants, bars, and more.

Cons

Crunch cycles are inherent to the game development cycle. While this can be perceived as a con, some of the most challenging technical problems are solved during this period.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and develop thought leadership and top talent.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Take-Two full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere Lots of perks/benefits Drinks are free and always available Food, fruits and other snacks frequently available for the taking Very smart collegues Access to many new technologies giving you the ability to grow with the company. Salary is competitive.

Cons

May require working late nights (depending on job) and on call quite often. Interview process may be intense.

Dynamic company, best CEO in industry, work with best creative studios in industry

Current Employee - Manager, Human Resources in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager, Human Resources in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, challenging environment great for those with an entrepreneurial spirit. Terrific office location (in heart of Soho), lots of cool events and perks. Highly engaged, smart and approachable CEO who values employee and always offers a direct line of communication for any questions or ideas.

Cons

Some bureaucratic hurdles around middle management

Advice to Management

Stay engaged and care about company culture, hire more top notch candidates who can add to the culture, not just go through the motions of the job.

Great outlook

Current Employee - IT Applications in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Applications in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has hired a learning and development manager to focus on its people and culture. This is a good sign the company is maturing and focusing on its most important aspect. Work-life balance is good and office location is great.

Cons

Office environment is subpar and could use an overhaul.

Advice to Management

Invest more in people building company culture.

Lots of growth opportunity

Current Employee - Online Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Online Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Take-Two has a really move fast culture and has some of the most talented people in the industry. It's truly a production based dynamic where the labels expect a lot out of their people during crunch time. The team is lean right now but growing fast. New IT management from the top down cares about building a strong company culture and is making changes for the better.

Cons

Expectations are high so a lot people are putting in a lot of long hours. I haven't had a problem with work life balance though. Technical debt moving fast means adding layers instead of designing stable systems. Online operations could be built with more elegance instead of having Rockstar throw cash at the problem. Crowding! Recent employee growth means it is very noisy and can be a challenge to find private space for meetings, calls, time to think, etc... Facilities management ignores reasonable requests to improve the space.

Advice to Management

Encourage more cross-department team work and collaboration. Improve the office space

Welcoming Environment, Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Take-Two full-time

Pros

Since I started at Take-Two (nearly 2 years ago) I've been met with constant support and plenty of learning and growth opportunities. The group in my department are fun to be around and work very hard. The goals set by my team are ambitious but reachable and most managers seem open to opportunities to grow and invest in their teams. There is a quarterly company wide presentation that keeps the company as a whole in the loop and up to date on how we're doing at a high level overview. Plus: bagels and ice cream and snacks!

Cons

The bagels and ice cream are only once per month...if you can consider that a con.

RSS Feed </> Embed