Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Updated October 21, 2014
3.6

Takeda Pharmaceuticals President, CEO, and Director Yasuchika Hasegawa
Yasuchika Hasegawa

Pros
  • Great work life balance / comp / opportunity to develop (in 17 reviews)

• Takeda has provided good pay and benefits to its employees (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance although they claim this is very important for us to have (in 10 reviews)

• Senior Management changes direction every year with different structures and objectives (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

I loved my time at Takeda as an intern. The people were very diverse and friendly with such high caliber and class.

I worked at Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Pros

I enjoyed working on the R&D side of the pharmaceutical industry and learned a lot. I also wanted to see how these drugs are being developed and how IT systems play a role in the development of data driven decisions, all of which was very interesting to me.

Cons

None really. I honestly would have worked their full time if not for my interests taking me elsewhere.

Great!

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals as a contractor

Pros

Great work life balance / comp / opportunity to develop

Cons

Japan frustration and hesitancy to change, any project driving change is very slow or fails

Great

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

It has the most awesome flexible schedule

Cons

They took on too much with mergers and the

Get down to your underlings and truly know what they need.

Company Review

Current Employee - Senior Associate Scientist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Scientist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, socially responsible and community supportive

Cons

Limited training and career advancement opportunities

Takeda culture

Current Employee - Science
    Current Employee - Science

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice culture, people are the best resources. Great benefits such as 401k, long-term incentive, vacation time, end of year holiday shut down, ATM, dry cleaning, massages on site,

Cons

Big company has many divisions, multiple. Layers/people to go thru to get certain things done, part of growing pain that associated with a rapid growing company

No one here is happy, do NOT apply unless you are completely desperate.

Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Great co-workers.

Cons

Takeda has taken a great company, Millennium, and integrated it into the larger Takeda organization. It isn't working well at all for anyone across the globe. Everyone is now doing two or three people's job for less compensation and more stringent corporate policies than is the norm for Pharma in Cambridge. There is no clear leadership whatsoever and in one and a half years Takeda has managed to make every former happy Millennium employee miserable. What used to be a real team now is only banded together by overworked underpaid people who only relate to each other with gallows humor. A 180 degree turn from Millennium. I know I should leave but I am too busy and can't take any time off to look for another job.

Takeda only gives a work life balance to certain people. Most in my department work all day, night and on their vacations. Run don't walk away from applying here.

Maybe it will get better, but if it does, it will be a long time coming. What they destroyed overnight will never be again. (Millennium).

What management? I didn't know this company had any management in Cambridge. The Deerfield, Il and Japan offices and management have no clue how to operate in Cambridge. They are in for a rude awakening and droves of talent are fleeing to the thousands of other pharma companies in a 2 mile radius that they don't have to contend with in their other locales. Takeda has laid off so many people but many many more are leaving on their own.

Like most major Japanese shareholders, I believe the Takeda organization's purchase of Millennium was a huge error.

Pharmaceutical sales representative

Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmaceutical Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is great. Quarterly and yearly bonuses. 401k match and 401k yearly bonus is amazing. Benefits great. Awesome company cars. Management is great across the board. Great employees. Life balance is very respected.
    Excellent training.

Cons

Seems like a tough road to management. To move up you pretty much move to headquarters.

More local programs for promotion

Intern

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals

Pros

All the qualities a company should have

Cons

No cons really... really none

Good company to work for

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good and smart people. Nice midwestern attitude. Provides what employees need to get their jobs done.

Cons

Some managers are not great and HR sides with managers - which I suppose is the same everywhere.

Great internship program introducing you to as many opportunities and experience as possible in 12 weeks.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

I have been working at Takeda Pharmaceuticals as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great company and loved the team I worked with. They really focus on getting you into as many projects to help you learn about the industry as possible.

Cons

There are very limited entry level positions so it is disappointing that they do not want to retain the talent they invest in over the summer.

Takeda Pharmaceuticals Photos