Talaris

Be The First To
Add Photos

Talaris CEO Tim Robinson

Tim Robinson

Good company up until it's purchase

Field Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at Talaris full-time

ProsGreat Place to Work program, not just a name but Employer listened to employees and worked to implement suggestions.

ConsNo raises in last years of company, bonus is not equal to a raise and vice versa

Advice to Senior ManagementI understood lack of raises while trying to payoff equity company but when Glory purchased th company and profits were made, owners should have remembered the employees who suffered no pay increases to help build Talaris. Many employees felt betrayed.

Field Service

Field Service Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Talaris full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Benefits and Stay plenty Busy

ConsUpper Management could care less about Field. On Call 24x7 every other week

Market leader in a niche but growing market

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Talaris full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFast paced, great value proposition, interesting market space, ability to work for a UK headquartered business and see how other countries view business in the US

ConsInteresting politics for a business of this size that can lead to a lack of cohesion and a reduction in office and company morale

Advice to Senior ManagementThe impression of having an office affair is as damaging to office morale as actually having an office affair.

People are just numbers....

Wharehouse Manager (Current Employee)
Torres Vedras (Portugal)

I have been working at Talaris full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWhen employees were treated like family, was a good place to work, now they are just numbers ....

ConsThey are closing prodution in Portugal, to send to China and Brasil

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like people who always gave everything for the company, and not as numbers.

Politics, politics, politics

Engineer (Former Employee)
Bern (Switzerland)

I worked at Talaris full-time for less than a year

ProsCan't think of many. Maybe the workload is on the light side, but that makes for a very boring workplace.

ConsPolitics above all else. A lot of power grabbing and backstabbing at all levels. Managers seem to enjoy playing politics as they seem to have nothing else to do otherwise, they even talk about how they're trying to manipulate things over lunchtime! (I've heard them). Forget about engineering products with quality. Senior people are heard, junior people are ignored, a lot of running around like headless chickens and pointing fingers instead of working through problems or gaining real understanding of the technology. If you're an engineer, I would NOT recommend this place to work. If you're a manager, you might find this place entertaining to work for, if you have a narcissistic, manipulative bent.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a profound culture change. Culture comes from Managment. Therefore, replace 90% of your managers and bring good ones in.

current field service technician

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Talaris full-time for more than 5 years

ProsEmployees get paid every 2 weeks

ConsNo thought goes into any of Talaris' plans. They manufacture cheap china built products with little to none quality control. I have had countless new machines arrive to the customer and do not work; at all! They try to offer a low end/low quality products @ high end prices. They overwork and underpay the technicians; also "pats on the back are ALWAYS followed by something negative. New machines and entire banking branches are added to a technicians service area without any added finical compensation. As a result of this one ends up doing more work for no financial gain. Raises are EXTREMELY rare. for 5 years i got excelent yearly reviews w/o any raise, and no cost of living increases in 5+ years. This is most certainly NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK! Americans have no idea how to run a successful business in Canada.

Advice to Senior ManagementGET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR @SS! The environment of last minute fixes and and constant "damage control" you have created will have all of us looking for other jobs.

NO REAL STRUCTURE

I have been working at Talaris full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou can use the company vehicle for commute to your work area, saves on gas. Most everyones friendly. When coming in this company be demanding at all the times please don't think your hard work will ever get noticed.

ConsPay stinks. Some techs make around 25 or higher an hour and others barely over 15 an hour. Not by experience but simply because of older age and favoritism. The data that is constantly collected and grades us each year doesn't account for different scenarios of everyday events, this system was only created to give unfair reasons for not giving raises. This system would only work if every environment, equipment and operators are exactly same. You the employee however can manipulate this to work for you, you almost have to if you want a raise.

Not only will you probably be started out much, much lower than everyone else but your pay will remain that low for many of years. And you will still be expected to help out other technicians who are paid much much higher but simply don't want to work as hard. Or who need assistance cause they are not knowledgeable in the equipment.

When a co-worker leaves, goes on vacation or goes out of town on a project...Your work load increases dramatically and geographically. You are also expected to meet your numbers the same. Instead of being rewarded of doing another employee's job you will get punished. Your response time and part usage will go down. (also if a guy quits it will take almost a YEAR till the new hire can really be on his own) so more work will come you way if another technician in your area leaves.

Expected to know hundreds of different equipment adding more and more new products to service every year, but no compesation for doing so.

Working at a good pace is hard because you're inside these different businesses usually cramped up in a small spot with no or little room to work. You also have to work with the operators, generally someone who doesn't even know how to turn on a computer, who are usually to busy to help you. So you are going to want to work fast, fix it right, get in and get out. Well you will be punished for working faster and better than others and expected to do more calls a day with no rewards.

You could probably move up and get paid better with a much easier simpler job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying attention to what is really going on. We need tech levels and test at each level. So the knowledgeable technicians can get the compesation they deserve. Don't punish us doing calls quickly some calls may take other technicians hours from what I've seen, and some can do in minutes and its done right! We shouldn't be expected to do more especially when paid lower than the ones who are slower. Less service calls a day, less time repairing and in the customers way should mean more pay.

It has been very insightful to the operation of a mid-size company.

Installation Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Talaris

ProsGenerous starting paid time off - 10 days plus 11 paid holidays.

ConsMore time spent determining fault rather than fixing a situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees better.

Be sure of what is important to you in a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Talaris

Proscontinuous training of employees, professional materials, company is well known in to be industry leader

Consvery political in every sense of the word..employees seem paranoid about their job and watching their back, company tends to change focus in priorities, sometimes too quick to release products to market..need more testing or more support first.. inconsistent communication throughout organization

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open and observant and willing to address what is going on within the entire organization vs just what or who is of interest to the individual..work to eliminate your reputation industry wide of playing favorites

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
Sintra (Portugal)

I have been working at Talaris

ProsWorking in an international organization

ConsDon't accomplish any of the initial promess

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to realy leader the team

Worked for Talaris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talaris reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Talaris CEO Tim Robinson. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Talaris employees.