Talascend Reviews

Ron Wood

Amazing place to work!!

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the only recruiting agencies that is open and honest to candidates. Talascend actually cares about their candidates which is extremely rare in the staffing world. Most places only care about numbers and metrics. You typically don't ever hear back from a recruiter if the company is not interested. Talascend works with candidate to find the RIGHT job for them. Highly demanding environment, but still a fun place. Great bonus structure and incentives.

Cons

Needs better medical benefits and work/life balance. Should start offering work from home as an option. Industry is absolutely trending that way and will be the norm in the next couple of years. Most companies are already well ahead of the curve on that. Would definitely boost moral and company wide performance

Comfortable place to work

Pros

The #1 benefit of working at Talascend is the people. It's hard to come by an office you can truly feel comfortable with. It's a fun environment and there is plenty of structure and processes to keep the business moving. When you start there, you will feel welcomed. There is also some work-life balance/flexibility with hours worked. Most employees are very kind and helpful.

Cons

The cons are: lack performance reviews/career pathing. Benefits are also pricey. Some of management is outstanding and some not so much.

3. Loved my experience with Talascend

Current Employee - Data Clerk in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - Data Clerk in Pueblo, CO

I have been working at Talascend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the few staffing agencies where I have been given holiday pay. The hiring process was very easy, took a drug test and a phone conversation. The pay for my job through Talascend was incredible and no other employer in my area comes even close in comparison.

Cons

Not a lot of communication with Talascend while I was working at my assignment. Because of the temporary work, there is no room for advancement. Not a lot of Talascend jobs in the same location (only several jobs are scattered across the country) so after your assignment ends, if you don't want to relocate chances of working again for Talascend are very slim.

Dysfunctional environment

I worked at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can go outside and smoke as much as you want, everyone does it.

Cons

Handful of people will be "lifers", it's very clicky and those "lifers" don't allow any new people to be included.

My experience has been a great learning experience.

Current Employee - Senior Desktop Administrative in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Desktop Administrative in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Talascend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay range, leadership, company values and leadership

Cons

perks and personal growth work balance and timing

Advice to Management

None

Get it in writing

I have been working at Talascend full-time

Pros

Quick onboarding process. Great response from recruiters during communication.

Cons

Come across as shady at times. Very open when discussing salary at the beginning, but clear information regarding vacation and benefits is not given until after employment offer has been accepted. Lesson Learned! Three weeks vacation agreed to verbally, but offer packet simply says "Vacation Policy for Hourly Deployed Employees" which I later found out meant they include 8 vacation hours following a 260 straight time hours worked. Bottom line, ask questions, and get it in writing! Benefits very expensive.

Great place! Great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company culture is one of empowerment. CEO is truly one of the most kind, genuine people you will ever meet. He truly cares about all of his employees. He is always available to listen. Always room for growth and advancement, you can create your own destiny.

Cons

Cost of benefits is a little high, but year on year all companies are experiencing the increased cost of healthcare in the US.

9. Very Good Company to work for

I have been working at Talascend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Offers benefit packages to temporary employees which most staffing companies do not do. Sr Management is active on a day to day basis in operating the business and is approachable to staff employees. Sr Management Team works well together. CEO knows everyone by their first name. New structure within the recruiting function allows for promotional opportunities. The Incentive comp plans are excellent for recruiters and sales reps. Management listens. Management takes action when appropriate.

Cons

Nature of the business has become complex as the company offers customized solutions for its clients. While there are flexible work schedules (staggered in and out times) some employees still want to be able to work at home all day practically every day or want Fridays off.

Advice to Management

Advise to Sr Management - Keep up the good work. You pulled through some very rough years reinventing the company so to speak.

Good people

Pros

The people were very nice

Cons

Benefit costs for the employee are through the roof

Disappointing if you Recruit other than General Labor, Admin, or Light Industrial

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Talascend full-time

Pros

Location of the office is pretty good Good place for entry-level or new Recruiters to learn the business Lots of opportunities to fill low-margin positions ($2-$4/hr gross profit) If you like the "old school" Recruiter office environment, it's perfect

Cons

High volume, low margin business model. Seem to be over satisfied with sub-vendor buisness rather than developing business with decision makers (engineering) Too many Salespeople are too timid considering the competitive technical marketplace Your comissions earned on Contract placements go back to the "house" after one year...you are "cut off" even if your people are still working on Contract

Advice to Management

None. I have my opinions (above) but it's not my place to tell Managment how to run their business.

RSS Feed </> Embed