Talascend

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ron Wood

My experience has been a great learning experience.

Senior Desktop Administrative (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsPay range, leadership, company values and leadership

Consperks and personal growth work balance and timing

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Field Engineer Mechanical

Field Engineer Mechanical (Former Employee) Monticello, MN

ProsMade work go smoothly. Checked equipment and problems

ConsTemporary jobs. Job was contract and short term and a long way from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementProblems and ways to fix equipment

Get it in writing

ProsQuick onboarding process. Great response from recruiters during communication.

ConsCome across as shady at times. Very open when discussing salary at the beginning, but clear information regarding vacation and benefits is not given until after employment offer has been accepted. Lesson Learned! Three weeks vacation agreed to verbally, but offer packet simply says "Vacation Policy for Hourly Deployed Employees" which I later found out meant they include 8 vacation hours following a 260 straight time hours worked.
    Bottom line, ask questions, and get it in writing!

Benefits very expensive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place! Great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompany culture is one of empowerment. CEO is truly one of the most kind, genuine people you will ever meet. He truly cares about all of his employees. He is always available to listen. Always room for growth and advancement, you can create your own destiny.

ConsCost of benefits is a little high, but year on year all companies are experiencing the increased cost of healthcare in the US.

Very Good Company to work for

ProsOffers benefit packages to temporary employees which most staffing companies do not do.
    Sr Management is active on a day to day basis in operating the business and is approachable to staff employees.
    Sr Management Team works well together.
    CEO knows everyone by their first name.
    New structure within the recruiting function allows for promotional opportunities.
    The Incentive comp plans are excellent for recruiters and sales reps.
    Management listens.
    Management takes action when appropriate.

ConsNature of the business has become complex as the company offers customized solutions for its clients.
    While there are flexible work schedules (staggered in and out times) some employees still want to be able to work at home all day practically every day or want Fridays off.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvise to Sr Management - Keep up the good work. You pulled through some very rough years reinventing the company so to speak.

Good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people were very nice

ConsBenefit costs for the employee are through the roof

Disappointing if you Recruit other than General Labor, Admin, or Light Industrial

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsLocation of the office is pretty good
    Good place for entry-level or new Recruiters to learn the business
    Lots of opportunities to fill low-margin positions ($2-$4/hr gross profit)
    If you like the "old school" Recruiter office environment, it's perfect

ConsHigh volume, low margin business model.
    Seem to be over satisfied with sub-vendor buisness rather than developing business with decision makers (engineering)
    Too many Salespeople are too timid considering the competitive technical marketplace
    Your comissions earned on Contract placements go back to the "house" after one year...you are "cut off" even if your people are still working on Contract

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. I have my opinions (above) but it's not my place to tell Managment how to run their business.

Tough few years but we've come out on top!

Recruiter (Current Employee) Troy, MI

ProsFlexible work schedule-allowed to work from home when children are sick, good hours to still get home to have family time

Salary, commission and bonus-if you're a good recruiter you'll be rewarded here. They also have started a President, Chairman's and CEO's Club where you can qualify fo pretty exotic trips. Examples are the Banyan Tree Resort in Riviera Maya, San Fransisco and Napa California.

Top Management-has taken back the reins for company. They listen and really care about all employees. The Presdident is very in touch with whats going on and you'll hear from him-for better or worse!

Employees-those of use who've made it through the economic downturn really feel close. These people are experts and have many many years of staffing expience behind them.

ConsCareer Growth-very limited for recruiters if you're not interested in sales

Communication between sales and recruiters is always tricky

Intake Meetings-lack of thorough intake meetings from sales leads to disgruntled recruiters and hiring managers.

Technology-They use Bullhorn which has some serious limitations

Training-no chance for further education of training, can do the same job for years and years

Prior Management-very poor, disorganized and lacked ability to implement their grand strategy. I think this has been corrected

Advice to Senior ManagementNow that we've come out of the downturn in economy, put together a plan to grow your people. Very few opportunities to train, learn new things-job can get stale year after year. Keep bringing in the large projects, great chance to develop your recruiters but think about what comes after that for them in their career.

Horrible customer service- the employee being the customer

Professional (Current Employee)

ProsThey do get the payroll out on time, found one employee in general in payroll that goes to the extreme to help you out when you have questions/issues.

ConsThey court you very well until you sign the papers, then you never hear from them again. Local rep is non existent, as long as they are collecting their commission they don't care how the job is going. Where I am placed there are same type jobs staffed by other companies that give a much better benefit package. If you have any problems that you require Talascend mgm't input you always get referred back to the area rep, even though you do not get timely answers from them. Better staffing companies out there, check out your options before signing up.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the company benefit plan to better suit the type/level of employees you are trying to recruit. When you have employees away from the MI office make sure they are serviced by caring representatives and make the employee feel like they are appreciated for something more than a commission check.

Good company. Hard working and honest.

ProsThey value expertise and want people to know their customers well
    I was always encouraged to be honest with customers and contractors
    They take the values very seriously - particularly integrity
    Business has done well to rebound from the recession
    Strong management, listen to you and take things on board
    Friendly and professional. Everyone is welcome.

ConsThey still work Fridays every week. Most competitors don't now.
    You have to really push yourself if you want to progress. They want you to drive your own career. If you're not an A type personality, you may lose out.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm very grateful for my time at the company. Overall, it's a good place to work. Talascend has a brain and a heart and that's rare. Maybe look at flexibility around Fridays. It's really important to the younger generation.

Worked for Talascend? Contribute to the Community!