Talbots Reviews

355 reviews filtered by
3.3
Talbots CEO Lizanne Kindler
Lizanne Kindler

Pros
  • Good work-life balance in the company, they understand you also have a life outside of the job (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits for full time employees (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • I think upper management is out of tune as to what goes on daily in the stores (in 23 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance possible, even in village stores (in 9 reviews)

1. Not much room for advancement

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

Good work life balance.
    Care about employees.

Cons

No raises, three years without a raise on exceeding expectations review

Horrible

I worked at Talbots

Pros

Strong brand recognition based on past success .

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, horrible benefits, low wages and no raises in three years.

Value your employees.

3. New Challenges every day but always rewarding

I worked at Talbots

Pros

I had a good team to work with me. The clients were fun to help and would jump in on our shenanigans from time to time. merchandizing and training were always a priority. Great discount!

Cons

Productivity program. It is fine to set expectations but to keep changing on what was expected and then terming employees for not achieving them was not fair. The expectations changed three different times in a two year time frame and then there was always exception months. Not a clear program. Payroll restraints was another issue as in any business but running a two door store on the weekend on 2-2-2 coverage is impossible if you are expecting the high standards of Customer service at Talbot's. You can't be the greeter,Runner,fashion stylist,cashier,stock person and give each and every customer the attention they need or deserve on this kind of man power.

Upper management I know has set new program in 2014 place for payroll and scheduling.

5. Positive Working Environment and Relationships

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

I have worked for Talbots since 2003, with a brief pause in employment from 2013-2014 and the common theme I've experienced during my time here is the feeling of Family and Belonging. I enjoy coming into work each and everyday, and look forward to the interaction I with have with my fellow associates.

I have had the opportunity to grow in my time at Talbots, moving into a position in line with my education and future employment goals. I feel encouraged and supported by my co-workers and upper management. They encourage me to share my thoughts and idea openly and offer constructive and valuable feedback to help me develop.

I feel upper management is as open as they can be with all associates, while still maintaining and running a competitive business, the information is available for everyone, sometimes you just have to take the time to look.

Twice in my life positions at Talbots have come along at opportune times and I have benefited greatly from being employed with this organization, and I'm thankful for the opportunities I have been given here. I would recommend Talbots to my friend and family as a great place to work.

Cons

My commute to work each day is long, but I've I'm willing to make it for the opportunity I've been afforded.

6. Good people; hectic

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

Supportive senior leadership, great discount and sample sales, love that the company just partnered with Dress for Success and does a lot to give back to the community.

Cons

Not the greatest work/life balance, minimal training, terrible health benefits, prima donna attitudes in some departments.

Make a decision and stick with it instead of changing your mind every hour. Causes unnecessary stress and wastes time and money. Be mindful of other people's time... Not everyone can be in meetings until 9pm.

7. Great atmosphere and proud to be part of this company

Current Employee - Associate Product Development and Production Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

Although interview process was long, HR got back to me after each interview with great feedback and I never felt I didn't know what was going on.
    On-boarding was spot on, really engaging and met many cross functional people my first week
    Great communication and people work really well together
    Leadership has a clear vision for the future
    Talbots really cares about their employees

Cons

Like every other company I worked for...systems need to be updated. We work faster than the systems.

8. Love this company!

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

Talbots is a fun brand to work for overall. The location is great! It's right on the Hingham waterfront which makes lunch or going out after work with the family great. It's a close commute for me. You can wear Jeans everyday. We just partnered with Dress for Success so I'm presented with opportunities to help make a difference. for example, we just had a sample sale. Not only did I get to shop at discounted prices with the public but it all went to Dress for Success! Summer hours in the summer so I'll head right over to the beach for the afternoon. Also, free Starbucks coffee everyday in the caf!

My department is close and everyone is friendly and helpful. My job itself is busy and exciting. Everyone on my team, or who I work with cross-functionally are passionate about what they do and generally love the brand and want it to thrive. Senior leadership is approachable and open with us. I am able to touch base with my boss often which I love.

Cons

Technology is a little out of date in certain area. Something the brand is working on.

Keep up with your current strategy! Employees love that they can approach you and that we are kept in the loop.

9. Love this company

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Talbots part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved my job. The customer's and other employees were amazing. The quality of the clothing is really great which makes it easy to sell and the customer's are usually life long fans.

Cons

Hard to get time off unless you work for a large store.

10. great group of people !

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

we have a lot of passion in our building for one another, a client base as well as our product.
    the merchant group has been improving. the product is more modern in feel and speaks to a more wide demographic.
    the company is being run in a much more profitable manner than in the past.

Cons

nominal work /life balance .
    catalog representatives are outsourced and don't always reflect the brand in the best light

all members of the team would benefit from monthly incentives

11. Enjoyed working there

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Omaha, NE

I worked at Talbots

Pros

paid decently well for a part-time retail gig, the company was good about sending promotional and training materials and did a good job ensuring all employees were educated about the current brand moment, would offer promotional contests and incentives for reaching sales goals which was always really appreciated

Cons

can't really think of anything specific that was unpleasant about working there... I had a good overall experience and felt they were fair to their employees.