Talbots Reviews

Reset
3.3
Talbots CEO Lizanne Kindler
Lizanne Kindler

Pros
  • I found the position to be a decent work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Benefits are immediate upon hire for full-time employees, without any probationary 90 day period that many companies require (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management completely out of touch (in 23 reviews)

• The work life balance is not available (in 9 reviews)

extremely valuable to building my skill set and providing the experience needed to move on to greater career goals.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

great benefits, great facility, casual and fun atmosphere, an open team environment, opportunities for advancement.

Cons

the technology in place is a giant failure, the computer systems, applications, website, etc. are lacking the capabilities necessary to support business needs, are undependable, problematic, and aggravating for both employees and customers, and the company's tech support and IT departments are insufficient and many times useless. Also, 99% of upper management (Managers and above) is lazy, incompetent, unmotivated, avoids responsibility or having to "deal" with things or do their own work, because most of them don't know how to do it and some just simply don't want to do it.

Advice to Management

contribute, be useful, carry your own wieght, earn your salary, step up and take some responsibility, perform in a way that shows others "why" you are a Manager, Sr. Manager, VP etc. Don't dump your work on others or get some one else (who is not in a position to say no) do your dirty work.

2. They are a wonderful company to work for. They are gracious, professional and always upbeat!

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Durham, NC

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

As a Sales Support rep you do not have the minimum Sales Goal. you assist with online fulfillment orders, merchandising and the sales reps as needed. Their product is top of the line, and the opportunities for growth are endless as long as you have the drive. The staff age range is between 25 - 50. so this makes it a mature yet friendly team.

Cons

well, not sure if its a con, but as a "sales associate" you do have a sales goals you are required to meet. due to their prices being a bit high, you wont see allot of volume of customers.

Advice to Management

At this time I don't have any advice to provide to the Management team. as my experience has only been pleasant.

3. I have been very fortunate to work for Talbots and have worked with and met many wonderful people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

Discount on clothing a plus, people you work with become family. Customers great, appreciate promos, service provided, loyal Talbots shoppers.

Cons

Always more to do with less time, associates and support to ge the job/tasks complete

Advice to Management

Tough job for anyone. Hard to see store firings when she has gotten HUGE payout for leaving 2.5 million?

5. Talbots is a very structured, well-rounded company with great people to work with, as well as being so rewarding overall

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Simons Island, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Simons Island, GA

I worked at Talbots part-time (More than a year)

Pros

organized, wide variety of experience gained, learned visual merchandising techniques, sales-driven

Cons

limited shifts, limited promotions, inventory, and really nothing else!

An overall wonderful experience!

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Talbots part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone from sales staff, management, to senior executives to be extremely friendly and great to work with. Merchandise discount is very good. Great flexibility with scheduling.

Cons

The loss of medical benefits and inconsistent hours has been very frustrating. Promotions are too frequent. Should give more time to sell goods at full price. Pay scale is not great.

Advice to Management

I would like to see you go back to hiring a sales staff that is full time and bring back real benefits for medical and financial benefits.

7. I Am Finally Happy and I feel that I can Honestly and Openly express to others that "I AM PROUD TO BE EMPLOYED HERE."

Current Employee - Sales Support in Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Natick, MA

I have been working at Talbots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the Co worker's, Management Team, Very Serious about their positions and Professional.

Cons

I wish that Our Hours didn't have to rely on our Monthly, Weekly, Daily and last year sales goals for Employment and I wish we, Could have 40 hrs per week. For those who Want or Need Full Time Employment as well as Part Time.

Advice to Management

Could Offer us, Employee's ,Monthly training classes for the Position that we, employee's Hold. I love the challenges and Learning More and More to make us Successful for our future and the Company itself.

8. It's true...they empower women. Loved my time there."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Champaign, IL

I worked at Talbots full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a slow paced environment most days but the average dollar sale is much higher at this retailer

Cons

It was difficult to break into total store management so I left for another retailer and immediately made $10,000 more in my salary and I've been extremely happy.

Advice to Management

I wish I had been considered for the position because I would still be there today. The hours were great at our location and I loved the clientele. I was sad to hear that 2 years after my departure they ended up closing 2 of the 3 doors and went to the original 3,000 sq feet. That place was a beast at it's peak!

9. Rewarding

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

- supportive DM - opportunity to grow

Cons

- weekends - ever- changing, growing - visual is sometimes challenging

10. Pay per hour

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Talbots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay better then other companies

Cons

Take more time to settle the contract

Advice to Management

To be fast on the haring stage

11. Great environment and on the right path to success!

I have been working at Talbots full-time

Pros

Positive co-workers, vision of Senior Leadership, communication to company as a whole from Senior Leadership, awesome benefit package, flexible management, family friendly.

Cons

Small focus on career path development for associates and providing the training to get them to the next level in their current position while preparing them for growth within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path we are traveling to get back to the Talbots our loyal customers have loved since 1942 - continue the consistent and regular communication - Senior Leadership communicate the plan for re-implementing merit increases and increasing pay to current market value.

RSS Feed </> Embed