Talbots

Updated December 22, 2014
3.1

Talbots CEO Lizanne Kindler
Lizanne Kindler

Pros
  • Good work-life balance in the company, they understand you also have a life outside of the job (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits for full time employees (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • I think upper management is out of tune as to what goes on daily in the stores (in 23 reviews)

• Absolutely no work life balance possible, even in village stores (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing opportunity for professional driven people, rewarding of exceptional performance and dedication.

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

Simply discover success in a fun, rewarding, professional atmosphere

Cons

Opportunities include whole team buy in

Stay connected to every level of operations and sales. The store should be a well oiled machine. Accountability, encouragement and proformance.

Great place to work, fashion forward, very co-operative with upper mgmt.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Business is based on relationships you make with clients. Full support in being a stylist and rewards for it.

Cons

upper management is ever-changing. Security/stability sometimes feels threatened.

more visits, more communication

Amazing and friendly place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wyomissing, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Wyomissing, PA

I have been working at Talbots as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is an amazing one to work for. They offer scholarships to woman pursuing education, are flexible with schedules and the management at the WYO store is amazing.

Cons

Corporate needs to listen more to employees and they need to reevaluate what is sent to store and what is catalog only.

Offer more full-time employment options with better pay.

If you want to be empowered this is the place to be!

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

An amazing new leadership team from the very tippy top that empowers and supports you to grow in your career and as an individual. If you want to make a difference and serve your customers and your community this is the place you want to work!

Cons

Those of us that have stayed with the company woild like yearly merit increases to be reinstated as soon as we are in the position to do so, which I totally believe is on its way with our new leadership team!

So happy with the changes made within the company. I believe in the vision! First time I am proud and honored to be a part of an amazing organization!

Incredible

I have been working at Talbots

Pros

I love the environment here! Everyone is always in a good mood. Everything Is upbeat

Cons

Not many. Sometimes it's annoying when you always have to wear Talbots.

Great company moving in the right direction!

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Talbots loves their customers and really values employees. Great opportunity for independent thinkers who love retail!

Cons

There have been several changes in leadership and direction in recent years which has been a challenge...but feel very confident with current team and innovations!

Continue to look for ways to train, engage and reward associates at all levels.

Talbots cares about their employees

I have been working at Talbots full-time

Pros

The company/ upper managerment honestly listens to the feeback from their stores. They often promote from the inside and I have always felt appreciated as an employee. In addition, they have provided associates with bonuses this year. Talbots also cares so much about their customers and we work diligently from a store and corporate level to always do what is right for the customer. I have seen this company improve greatly within the past year. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the next year as well! The discount is phenomenal, too!

Cons

There needs to be a better system to anonymously report HR issues.

Keep doing what you have been doing. I feel valued as an employee with Talbots & I feel adequately compensated for my work. Thanks for listening to your employees. I look forward to a long career with this brand.

I plan on retiring with Talbots! (and I am no where near retirement)

Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the people I work with. Field management is amazing, supportive and respectful. Upper management really listens to customers and associates and reacts accordingly. Great quality product, classic with a current twist. All the changes we have seen have streamlined our operations creating more time with our customers. Great incentive programs available to all levels of associates. Fun contests! Recognition on store, district, region and company levels given on a consistent basis. Also, work life balance actually exists at Talbots.

Cons

Initial training was not as thorough as I expected. This has changed immensely over the past 2 years.

Thanks you for making Talbots such an amazing place to work. Keep up the great work.

I love working at Talbots

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, very supportive upper management teams, love the current senior leadership team. The products are beautiful, classic with modern twist. Quality product with reasonable pricing equals Value. Talbots offers great work life balance. I enjoy coming to work everyday, love my job.

Cons

Although we are NOT required to wear the brand to work but I always wear Talbots clothes everywhere even outside of work, I spent more money on clothes then I should, love the clothes!

Wonderful learning environment!

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Talbots full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive learning and selling atmosphere. Loyal customers make up the base of the brand and selling experience which drives store metrics and profitability. Easy and flexible work schedule. Store level and Upper level store management makes coaching and daily tasks easy to understand and set reasonable sales goals. In my particular store location we had a very low turn-over-rate and had a variety of different types of people working together to achieve one large goal!

Cons

Changes happen quickly and can be hard to implement right away. Otherwise, I was very satisfied with how management chose to roll out new changes quarterly.

Talbots Photos