Talecris Plasma Resources

Updated February 24, 2015
Updated February 24, 2015
1.7

CEO

Good pay and benifits. Very poor managment.

Current Employee - Medical Staff
    Current Employee - Medical Staff

I have been working at Talecris Plasma Resources

Pros

Good pay. Very good benefits. The staff is great for the most part. Training is very thorough and kept up to date.

Cons

As a Nurse I am responsible for physicals, consultations, passing lab results, handling medical incidences on the floor and reinstating donors that have been deferred for various reasons. The means I always have work to do. Management has decided that on top of that I am required to screen a minimum number of donors and assist donor processors in other ways that will take on average 5 hours out of my work week. The screeners get to report to management if I do not help them regardless of my workload for the day. However, at the same time, we are told we need to get more new donors physicaled and do it with less overtime. I essentially have to fulfill my nursing duties and still help the front staff do their jobs. Poor use of resources and very poor critical thinking skills on the part of the management team.

Pay attention to your medical staff. They have the most experience and training in the building. Most of them are highly skilled and used to running medical floors and managing large patient loads and the care staff.

Do NOT APPLY

Former Employee - Donor Technician in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Donor Technician in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Talecris Plasma Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

NOTHING ABSOULUTELY NOTHING!!! Well maybe the PTO

Cons

EVERYTHING!!! Horrible breaks, snoby area leads, no weekends off while management gets every other weekend and to mention management they are a JOKE all they do is sit around in the office on FACEBOOK stuffing their faces -__-

Watch who you put in area manager posistions and please learn organization

I was the designated trainer for phlebotomist

Former Employee - Phlebotomidy in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Phlebotomidy in Lansing, MI

I worked at Talecris Plasma Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that came into the plasma center. I enjoyed working there and being a part of helping others. I love phlebotomy and was very good at my job.

Cons

Promotions were not given as they should have been. Management was bias and promotions were based on the relationship or friendship you had with management. I was forced to leave due to my completion of my medical assistant certification and needed to work under a physician. I had to make the difficult decision to leave my job I loved to complete my externship and graduate.

I feel that management should discuss issues with the individual and not with relatives or on social media. I feel that in management the company should be the best interest and not upholding a grudge.

Good to Gain Management Experience

I worked at Talecris Plasma Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

personal growth and career development

Cons

long hours expected as well as weekend hours

Work on employee relations to decrease turnover

A nightmare

Former Employee - Anonymous in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Rockford, IL

I worked at Talecris Plasma Resources

Pros

Most of the donors are nice to work with. The same people come in all of the time so you get to know them pretty well.

Cons

Very unprofessional environment. The center manager has no clue how to run the place, which is evident by the disorganization. Hours change without adequate notice. Low staffing levels daily so everyone does twice the work. Pay is ridiculous for the amount of work that you actually do vs what you are told in the interview process.

Stop blaming everything on corporate and do something about the problems!

Zero teamwork or ethics. Supervisors are a unprofessional and hypocritical. Runs on "Good ol' boy" mentality.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Talecris Plasma Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had to think hard and there is only two things I came up with: 1. On the job training for those with no experience. 2. Benefits. That's it.

Cons

There is not enough space to list all the Cons! Where do I start? Q: Have a personal life(school, family, etc.)? A: They don't care. I know of 5 employees that have been arrested while employed there and it is swept under the rug. 2 of which have been promoted to supervisors (DUI and Larceny). Then they have the nerve to hold "Ethics" meetings every week. The laundry list goes on and on...

Value your senior employees. Follow through with commitments. Don't put people that can't stay out of legal trouble (DUIs, Larceny, Shoplifting, Battery, just to name a few) IN LEADERSHIP POSITIONS AND HAVE THEM TALK ABOUT "ETHICS" !!!!

Low stress, high maintenance

Current Employee - Center Medical Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Center Medical Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Talecris Plasma Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you can fit into the already established staff, this can be a very fun place to work. There is additional training and educational opportunities available. If you are use to be a hospital staff nurse, there is a lot less stress involved.

Cons

There is little room for growth in the medical department. There is no work/home life balance.

Get out while you can.....hurry

Current Employee - Worker in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Worker in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Talecris Plasma Resources full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of Hours

You meet people from all walks of life

Great Medical Benefits

You work in an air conditioned building (huge plus for those who are accustomed to the outdoors)

You will form lifelong bonds with some co-workers because of this experience

Cons

Favoritism/A vary in wage depending on who you know not what you know - You would think that when you are hired for a company that your actions, work history, and experience would count for something. That would be an incorrect assumptions, this particular branch of Talecris (a company owned by Grifols) has made it they're personal mission to low-ball people. If you a new hire and unknowingly accept the wage they give to you know that the people they hire after you will probably make more....much more than you and you will have to work twice as hard to still be at a wage far less than someone with no experience. Now if perhaps you personally know the center manager or grew up with her this doesn't apply to you because she take excellent care of her friends (which is illegal by the way) not only will you get hired but, if you fail at your job she will repeatedly have you retrained until you are satisfactory or appear to be satisfactory.

Broken Promises - Everyone wants an acceptable wage to live on or at the very least to be able to sustain themselves and the only way to achieve such things is by promotions at this company. Talecris (who is again owned by Grifols) will tell you about this wonderful called cross-training and how there is money is knowing more, I'm sure in a company where things make sense that is true but, not for this employer. If you the employee, are proficient at your job because they cannot keep enough employees in this particular center (we'll get to that later) you will be stuck in neutral like a spinning wheel no absolutely no where career-wise. This company will tell you anything and everything you want to hear to get you to stay, promise who promotions and cross-training and do absolutely nothing to make those things happen. THEY LIE!!! over and over again insulting your intelligence.

Bonuses Ha! - The company Talecris was bought out by the pharmaceutical manufacturer know as Grifols. Talecris once upon a time would give their employees bonuses and reward good work with monetary value. Grifols however doesn't believe in that, in fact they will give they're building a face lift, reward they management team with bonuses who by the way have no idea where to stick the needle, how to process a bottled or effectively manage the lobby of this establishment while you the line staff or in corporate terms, the "operations budget" are given t-shirts, headphones, cups, thanks you letters (which cannot be exchanged for any type of monetary value) and lets not forget pizza in lieu of monetary compensation. I'm beginning to think they've finally found an effective means to give people less, but hold false hope of in front of them so they continue to strive for something they'll never get i.e. carrot on a stick.

Talecris is your life - If you start working for this company I hope you don't have children or significant others because you wont see them anymore. They might even forget your name because your life and all that it entails revolves around Talecris. Not even THANKSGIVING or CHRISTMAS EVE the plasma center is closed in fact NEW YEARS might be next on the chopping block. This plasma they makes them millions of Dollars a year will chain you to that building. Don't believe the hype when they say "We're here to save lives" they (they management team) are there to line they're pockets and live off the accolades of you "the operations budget" and they the "donors". They don't even call the people who pay they're bills people! They call them donors not people but donors dehumanizing them. There is no such thing as sick leave in fact if you got into a car crash tomorrow it would be considered an "occurrence" which translates to a demerit on your employment record which will effect your imaginary raise. And yet your management team will take 3 weeks off a year to some where foreign and be home with they're loved ones every holiday.

To the management team who runs this two-bit operation consider this, the "donors" who you treat like cattle and the "operations budget" who you pretend to treat like humans are the plasma center. It doesn't work with out us, we run the center. So take that into consideration while you talk down to us give us false hope and layer on lie after lie.

You will never reach the lofty goals you've set for yourself with the incompetence you show day in and out.

People don't quit jobs they quit bosses and your turnover rate is almost 50%, when you look around and only see a handful of the same faces you have failed! If you pay people low wage you get low services, if you work people like indentured servants you get that same mentality. Take your ego out of the equation and value your employees so they want to stay.

One of you said, "Only the strong survive." they only strength I see in you the management is the ability to live off the accolades of others and effectively be TERRIBLE at your job and continue to keep it.