Talecris Reviews

Reset
2.4
Talecris CEO & Chairman Lawrence Stern
Lawrence Stern

Pros
  • The employees I met were hard working and conscientious (in 2 reviews)

• Gained a lot of experience with venipuncture and monitoring donors for plasmapherisis reactions (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Very fast paced, at times the amount of work is overwhelming (in 2 reviews)

• Many of the donors were rude and would occasionally curse at you (in 5 reviews)

1. phlebotomist

I have been working at Talecris part-time

Pros

Awesome work environment and great staff. Easy to work with and will try to accommodate the staff as much as they can. Easy to talk to management about any issues.

Cons

Scheduling is never consistent so it's hard to plan things. I feel this is the only improvement the company needs to make.

2. Can you say no home life

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Dayton, OH

I worked at Talecris

Pros

On the job training was great.

Cons

Seldom had schedule in advance. Hours were not consistent. For example: Off Sunday work Monday work 6-230, Tuesday 9-530, Wednesday 8-430, off Thurs. Work Friday 7-330, Sat. 615-245 Sunday 9-530, Monday 9-530, Tues 6-230, Wed8-430, Thurs 615-245 off Friday and Sat. but no schedule until the Saturday before you worked. Difficult to get days off especially around holidays. Open everyday except Christmas and New Years. Very little growth potential and horrible pay for the hours worked. Oh yea and more often then not didn't get off at scheduled time and got in trouble for having overtime

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential employees about what to expect working for the company.

3. Mananement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Talecris

Pros

There really isn't any good things

Cons

Never having a set schedule, micromanagement, angry customers, low pay, no team spirit, always being scolded by upper management

Advice to Management

Better scheduling, listen to employees, focus on improving the business instead of being a mediator everyday and having to solve HR issues

5. My experience was alright in the beginning.

Former Employee - Donor Processor in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Donor Processor in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Talecris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason is to get you experience.with great benefits

Cons

The challenges working with a bunch of messy folks.they talk about the emoloyee to donor and to each other in front of donors . very discomfort . place to work

Advice to Management

Management team sucks they want the line staff to work hard while they sit a computer all day then they pay you pennies.then get mad when you make a mistake . they have true favoritism.

6. Horrible job, lousy pay, awful hours, uncaring management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

Jobs are hard to get around here. This company does offer (expensive) health insurance, and vacation time is accrued quickly (but you have to submit a request for time off well in advance), and lately have offered a free trip to a sporting event and been giving out small quarterly bonuses to staff. But the pay is lousy.

Cons

Work/life balance is nonexistent. Employees are overworked, then sent home early the next day to avoid overtime . No sick leave allowed, if you can't make it to work for any reason it is an unexcused absence, you are expected to report to work unless you are dead, Workers are always exhausted.

Advice to Management

Stop nepotism and favoritism!!! Act professionally, stop talking behind employee's backs, and stop cursing!

7. Horrible place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Talecris full-time

Pros

My previous co workers made the days bearable

Cons

No upward mobility. Company does not want to pay you but they want you there everyday during holidays. You have no family life. If you have small children and value family time this is not for you. It's a job to work until you find a better job, that is if you get any time off.

Advice to Management

Management needs to care more about their employees and offer better training, and also better management

8. Say goodbye if you aren't on management's list of favorite people.

Current Employee - Phlebotomist
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist

I have been working at Talecris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I can really think of would be the on the job training they provide. And the benefits. On the job training and benefits.

Cons

Management plays favorites. A lot. It's very frustrating to get written up for something, but when another employee does the exact same thing, they get a slap on the wrist.
    Some people in authority positions don't deserve the positions they have. If I did half of the stuff that they did on the job, I would get terminated immediately. Them? Not so much, because they suck up to management so much and they fall for it.
    Management needs to get completely revamped as well. Playing favorites with your employees isn't fair and it isn't right.

Advice to Management

If you're going to write someone up for an offense, make sure everyone gets written up for it if and when it occurs. Don't pick and choose who you write up. If you have to say something along the lines of, 'we can't ignore this, everyone gets written up for this', then it's safe to say that not everybody gets written up for a certain offense. You will lose employees this way, this is a big reason why your turnover rate is so high.

9. Employees are nice but working conditions aren't.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Talecris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees I met were hard working and conscientious.

Cons

The hours are terrible; very limited potential for growth, pay is at the low end of the national average.

Advice to Management

Customers re tired of waiting so long to be taken care of; there is a constant lack of supplies and equipment and workers are getting burnt out because of lack of manpower.

10. High stress with low positive feedback.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Talecris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was very little positive working conditions here. They had decent benefits and some of the hands on training was good.

Cons

The most challenging part of working here was certainly the high stress negative environment. Many of the donors were rude and would occasionally curse at you. The supervisory staff would constantly push you to go faster while also being accurate and there was never any positive feedback. The pay was abysmal compared to the amount of work and overtime you had to do.

Advice to Management

Try incorporating more positive feedback to the employees and perhaps providing better pay.

11. I was a phlebotomist at Talecris.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Portland, OR

I worked at Talecris part-time

Pros

Gained a lot of experience with venipuncture and monitoring donors for plasmapherisis reactions. Also learned about how plasma is utilized for medical conditions and the process to use it as a medical supply.

Cons

The training was very thorough. Almost too thorough though. I had to read a training manual that was literally 1,000 pages long before I could start venipuncture. I felt like it was a method to weed out the weak that weren't really interested in phlebotomy.

RSS Feed </> Embed