Talecris Reviews

Reset
2.4
Talecris CEO & Chairman Lawrence Stern
Lawrence Stern

Pros
  • The employees I met were hard working and conscientious (in 2 reviews)

• Gained a lot of experience with venipuncture and monitoring donors for plasmapherisis reactions (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Very fast paced, at times the amount of work is overwhelming (in 2 reviews)

• Many of the donors were rude and would occasionally curse at you (in 5 reviews)

1. Working for Talecris has taught me a lot about plasma that I never knew about from being a donor.

Current Employee - Donor Processor/Phlebotomist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Donor Processor/Phlebotomist in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

Excellent location, it's 1 mile from my home. I've never made a better hourly rate like this from previous jobs. The donors are like family at times, and since I started off as a donor back in March 2006 and converted to an employee in September 2006, there has been a lot to experience and learn from this company that can take me anywhere I want to go in the med field. Thanks for believing in me TPR.

Cons

The current management that is at BRLA isn't quite as friendly as the management team that worked there when I was hired. The center manager talks to us as if we're animals, barking orders, not even speaking in the morning when you speak to her. Of course she blames it from being in the military for so long. I wish there was no such thing as HPD(Hours Per Donor), it puts such a damper on our paychecks around tax season. We all understand that the company wants to make more money than pay us more around this time, but it just makes it not working from January - May.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your employees, we have feelings too and at times you act as if you don't care. But please be aware that Karma does exist.

2. Love My Job

Current Employee - Donor Processor in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Donor Processor in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Talecris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible. Awesome Managers, Co-workers And Donors.

Cons

Short staff. Favoritism. Poor pay.

Advice to Management

Lazy Coworkers = Poor Donor Flow

3. Talecris is an outstanding employer.

Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Yuma, AZ

I worked at Talecris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talecris has entry level positions and is a company with room to grow from those positions to the corporate level. The company will support your growth and success with internal and tranditional education and training. The staff is fun. The envirnonment is warm and enviting.

Cons

If you have a family, and your child-care is not flexible, the schedule may present hardship. The company is open most holidays and weekends. The hours can be outside normal business hours to meet the needs of clientel.

Advice to Management

Management has generally been very supportive of formal education, regardless of operational hours. That shows great employee support and builds moral! Pay is very competitive for the Yuma area.

5. phlebotomist

I have been working at Talecris part-time

Pros

Awesome work environment and great staff. Easy to work with and will try to accommodate the staff as much as they can. Easy to talk to management about any issues.

Cons

Scheduling is never consistent so it's hard to plan things. I feel this is the only improvement the company needs to make.

6. Smart, Fast, and Growing Company with Exceptional Leadership

I worked at Talecris

Pros

Exceptional leadership Disciplined strategy in managing portfolio of products Ethical organization Hires and attracts great talent at mid-senior level Board is knowledgeable/ asks good questions

Cons

Stock options were not available when I was an employee; this is an important benefit that should be available to everyone.

Advice to Management

N/A

7. Outstanding!

Current Employee - Quality Supervisor
    Current Employee - Quality Supervisor

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

Great people, very professional and passionate about the plasma industry, yet relaxed enough to make long lasting friendships. I am very impressed by this company.

Cons

Very fast paced, at times the amount of work is overwhelming. Some days are just hectic. This industry is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Management at the center level is outstanding. Kudos to the great teams of Talecris Plasma Resources. Donations are increasing all across the nation!

8. Good coworkers, bad processes.

Former Employee - IS Analyst in Clayton, NC
    Former Employee - IS Analyst in Clayton, NC

I worked at Talecris

Pros

The employees are very friendly, and the overall work environment is great. There are many opportunities to take on new projects, get training, and even change jobs. Communication is excellent at all levels.

Cons

Small tasks are over-managed. Validation is an absolute nightmare. Upper management is very quick to say no to any requests, so a lot of work either goes undone or gets done under the radar. IS management talks about leveraging synergy way too much.

Advice to Management

Encourage specialization. Don't expect everyone to be able to do everything for every project.

9. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Associate Research Scientist in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Research Scientist in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

-Flexible hours -No micro managing - Hands on opportunities - Good starting salary - Continuing education opportunities - Nice cash bonuses

Cons

Not too many cons; Sometimes there is a long lull in work which can get very boring. Also, the "family feel" is not apparent; cliques are often seen.

Advice to Management

Make promotional opportunities much more obvious. Shorter gaps betwen downtimes in work. Promote unity between coworkers. Make sure everyone is notified about company wide changes.

good place to work

Current Employee - Physician Sub I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Sub I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

good pay, good benefits, 401k with matching (immediate vesting), short and long tern disability, long term care insurance, life insurance, supplemental life/AD&D, spouse life and child life, 3 weeks vacation/year,

Cons

the paperwork is a beat-down. it is a highly regulated industry.

Advice to Management

try to look at the FDA regulations from another angle or point of view. i think alot of of the standard operating procedures are too complex because of misinterpretation of the FDA rules.

11. Excellent Pay

Current Employee - Senior Financial Accountant in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Accountant in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

Excellent benefit/compensation. Energetic work environment.

Cons

Talecris Management Committee is incompetent. Sr. Management will work you to death for their own benefit.

RSS Feed </> Embed