Talecris

Updated January 21, 2015
2.3

Talecris CEO & Chairman Lawrence Stern
Lawrence Stern

Pros
  • Good benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k (in 3 reviews)

• Great people, very professional and passionate about the plasma industry, yet relaxed enough to make long lasting friendships (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • turnover rate was too often due poor management decisions (in 3 reviews)

• Very fast paced, at times the amount of work is overwhelming (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience was alright in the beginning.

Former Employee - Donor Processor in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Donor Processor in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Talecris full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason is to get you experience.with great benefits

Cons

The challenges working with a bunch of messy folks.they talk about the emoloyee to donor and to each other in front of donors . very discomfort . place to work

Management team sucks they want the line staff to work hard while they sit a computer all day then they pay you pennies.then get mad when you make a mistake . they have true favoritism.

Horrible job, lousy pay, awful hours, uncaring management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

Jobs are hard to get around here. This company does offer (expensive) health insurance, and vacation time is accrued quickly (but you have to submit a request for time off well in advance), and lately have offered a free trip to a sporting event and been giving out small quarterly bonuses to staff. But the pay is lousy.

Cons

Work/life balance is nonexistent. Employees are overworked, then sent home early the next day to avoid overtime . No sick leave allowed, if you can't make it to work for any reason it is an unexcused absence, you are expected to report to work unless you are dead, Workers are always exhausted.

Stop nepotism and favoritism!!! Act professionally, stop talking behind employee's backs, and stop cursing!

Horrible place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Talecris full-time

Pros

My previous co workers made the days bearable

Cons

No upward mobility. Company does not want to pay you but they want you there everyday during holidays. You have no family life. If you have small children and value family time this is not for you. It's a job to work until you find a better job, that is if you get any time off.

Management needs to care more about their employees and offer better training, and also better management

Say goodbye if you aren't on management's list of favorite people.

Current Employee - Phlebotomist
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist

I have been working at Talecris full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I can really think of would be the on the job training they provide. And the benefits. On the job training and benefits.

Cons

Management plays favorites. A lot. It's very frustrating to get written up for something, but when another employee does the exact same thing, they get a slap on the wrist.
    Some people in authority positions don't deserve the positions they have. If I did half of the stuff that they did on the job, I would get terminated immediately. Them? Not so much, because they suck up to management so much and they fall for it.
    Management needs to get completely revamped as well. Playing favorites with your employees isn't fair and it isn't right.

If you're going to write someone up for an offense, make sure everyone gets written up for it if and when it occurs. Don't pick and choose who you write up. If you have to say something along the lines of, 'we can't ignore this, everyone gets written up for this', then it's safe to say that not everybody gets written up for a certain offense. You will lose employees this way, this is a big reason why your turnover rate is so high.

Employees are nice but working conditions aren't.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Peoria, IL

I worked at Talecris full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The employees I met were hard working and conscientious.

Cons

The hours are terrible; very limited potential for growth, pay is at the low end of the national average.

Customers re tired of waiting so long to be taken care of; there is a constant lack of supplies and equipment and workers are getting burnt out because of lack of manpower.

High stress with low positive feedback.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Talecris full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There was very little positive working conditions here. They had decent benefits and some of the hands on training was good.

Cons

The most challenging part of working here was certainly the high stress negative environment. Many of the donors were rude and would occasionally curse at you. The supervisory staff would constantly push you to go faster while also being accurate and there was never any positive feedback. The pay was abysmal compared to the amount of work and overtime you had to do.

Try incorporating more positive feedback to the employees and perhaps providing better pay.

Run, far and fast unless you enjoy being treated like a disposable product

Former Employee - Registered Nurse/Physician Substitute in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse/Physician Substitute in Rockford, IL

I worked at Talecris full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is an income, they will have hours available when tax season is over. And I have to make this 20 words and I can't. That's how awful this place is.

Cons

When I say you're disposable, you are completely disposable. You get fired when a manager is in a bad mood, otherwise, they "let it slide" so you never know if you actually going to get in trouble. Grifols is the parent company, they have taken away all sense of morale by taking away an employee fund, and incentive to have perfect attendance and no errors. You are expected to work while being completely understaffed and the management does not back the employees. Grifols cut down the amount of vaca time you can earn per time period. This is a multi national company, every quarter they send out a magazine with high gloss cardboard paper nicely bound in both Spanish and English about higher up management that the center level never sees or really cares about. They are making multimillions, they actually SAVED money by acquiring Talecris by cutting out the middle man supplier. The savings ended up in cuts.

Back your employees. If a donor talks or yells at an employee, how about defending your employee as opposed to making the donor complacent, just for another donation. We understand more donations, more money, but when physical threats get involved and nothing is done, that becomes a problem.

I was a phlebotomist at Talecris.

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Portland, OR

I worked at Talecris part-time

Pros

Gained a lot of experience with venipuncture and monitoring donors for plasmapherisis reactions. Also learned about how plasma is utilized for medical conditions and the process to use it as a medical supply.

Cons

The training was very thorough. Almost too thorough though. I had to read a training manual that was literally 1,000 pages long before I could start venipuncture. I felt like it was a method to weed out the weak that weren't really interested in phlebotomy.

It was some unorganized with top level managers

Former Employee - QA Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - QA Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Talecris full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There were none. except pay that was above industry standard

Cons

The management did not have a clue of how to run a business

THey have all left

under staffed always

Current Employee - Plasma Processor in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Plasma Processor in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Talecris full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There medical plan is pretty good.

Cons

under staffed always but then complain about employees getting overtime

Talecris Photos