Talecris Reviews

Reset

1. Excellent Pay

Current Employee - Senior Financial Accountant in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Accountant in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros

Excellent benefit/compensation. Energetic work environment.

Cons

Talecris Management Committee is incompetent. Sr. Management will work you to death for their own benefit.

Felt like an outsider because everybody who worked there went to High School together.

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Clayton, NC
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Clayton, NC

Pros

If you are in with the good ole boy network then you will have a wonderful experience. If not, your experience will be horrible. Not a good place for a Northerner or an outsider to work.

Cons

It is a managers place to work from a standpoint of HR. Company's HR policy is heavy favored for the manager and not the employee.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the good ole boy network and get some talent in there. Make clayton a melting pot. The un-welcoming of outsiders will catch up eventually.

3. good place to start a career, but the company is always in the market for sale

Former Employee - Senior Process Development Engineer in Clayton, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Process Development Engineer in Clayton, NC

Pros

A good location in the matter of cost of living. Nice weather in North Carolina. Close to three very good universities.

Cons

Overstaffed in R&D, and too many layers in management. Communication is slow, and morale is low. People feel unsafe due the company is always on sale.

5. worked like a mule, center understaffed, no time to crosstrain or advance

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

experience, and flexibility with schedule

Cons

center staff is viewed as bottom dollar, work them harder and harder is the motto. was there 2.5 years and couldn't get cross trained because the center was always understaffed and trying to get as many donors though in as little amount of time that they could.

Advice to Management

you center staff work darn hard and you need to recognize their efforts, stop looking at bottom dollars costs and give them opportunities

6. Working for Talecris has taught me a lot about plasma that I never knew about from being a donor.

Current Employee - Donor Processor/Phlebotomist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Donor Processor/Phlebotomist in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Excellent location, it's 1 mile from my home. I've never made a better hourly rate like this from previous jobs. The donors are like family at times, and since I started off as a donor back in March 2006 and converted to an employee in September 2006, there has been a lot to experience and learn from this company that can take me anywhere I want to go in the med field. Thanks for believing in me TPR.

Cons

The current management that is at BRLA isn't quite as friendly as the management team that worked there when I was hired. The center manager talks to us as if we're animals, barking orders, not even speaking in the morning when you speak to her. Of course she blames it from being in the military for so long. I wish there was no such thing as HPD(Hours Per Donor), it puts such a damper on our paychecks around tax season. We all understand that the company wants to make more money than pay us more around this time, but it just makes it not working from January - May.

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your employees, we have feelings too and at times you act as if you don't care. But please be aware that Karma does exist.

7. my experience at talecris is very challenging

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Lake Charles, LA

Pros

the company has a great room for advancement they offer good benefits they allow you to travel to other cities t o work at another talecris

Cons

they need tp pay more cause of the type of business that running its a highly risk job and u have to be careful of what u do and how u do it

Advice to Management

managment needs to show more appreciations to their employees management needs to monitor more of what goes on in the center

good place to work

Current Employee - Physician Sub I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Sub I in Dallas, TX

Pros

good pay, good benefits, 401k with matching (immediate vesting), short and long tern disability, long term care insurance, life insurance, supplemental life/AD&D, spouse life and child life, 3 weeks vacation/year,

Cons

the paperwork is a beat-down. it is a highly regulated industry.

Advice to Management

try to look at the FDA regulations from another angle or point of view. i think alot of of the standard operating procedures are too complex because of misinterpretation of the FDA rules.

9. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Associate Research Scientist in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Associate Research Scientist in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros

-Flexible hours -No micro managing - Hands on opportunities - Good starting salary - Continuing education opportunities - Nice cash bonuses

Cons

Not too many cons; Sometimes there is a long lull in work which can get very boring. Also, the "family feel" is not apparent; cliques are often seen.

Advice to Management

Make promotional opportunities much more obvious. Shorter gaps betwen downtimes in work. Promote unity between coworkers. Make sure everyone is notified about company wide changes.

10. Clinical R&D is run by incompetent, inefficient people that misrepresent themselves and lie without conscience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Pros

Great life saving products, advanced technology. Great people to work with. Salary and bonus at the time are great too.

Cons

Absolute lack of comfort level, always the need for looking over the shoulder and total lack of transparency.

Advice to Management

Management needs to check why there is a mass exodus of reputable clinical staff and check the need for total overhaul of the clinical R&D.

11. Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros

Small company so you have the opportunity to wear many hats and gain exposure to several operational functions

Cons

Poor management (department and senior level) no company vision many individuals in management positions have limited knowledge of industry standards many department managers lack key management skils, such as people skills high turnover many departments are poorly resourced (need to hire more people) operational and financial processes are questionable, at best

Advice to Management

to BOD: management at all levels needs to be closely examined

RSS Feed </> Embed