Talend

On the Cusp of Greatness

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Talend offers a positive, team-oriented work environment. The company is pre-IPO, with revenue and customers, and competes successfully in a blistering hot space that’s only getting bigger. Net/net, if you get the opportunity to work here you should jump at the chance.

Cons

As you would expect from a company experiencing rapid growth, some internal systems and process are still being perfected. By the same token, lots of opportunities for employees to help shape them and impact the company’s broader trajectory.

Continue to maintain an open dialog with employee base as the company grows, celebrate diversity and promote and recognize the efforts of individual contributors.

....Infinity and Beyond!!!!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Communication on ALL levels. Executive team has open door policy and communicates throughout workforce. Excellent external reviews Gartner magic Quadrant etc. Great Work/Life Balance. Excellent growth potential.

Cons

None, unless growing too fast is a problem

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

An excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Technical Consultant

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting and Challenging work opportunities in several areas such as Data Integration, Big Data and Hadoop Integration, Data Quality and MDM.

Cons

Growing pains associated with going from a small European-based company to an American company ready to scale up to the next level.

Good Company, Talented People

Former Employee - Marketing in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Talend full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a worldwide organization with many talented people. If you get an opportunity to join this company, it's a great way to meet a very sharp international team and make an impact. Talend still has a startup feel. Everyone seems to want to come together and beat the competition and corporate games are minimal. If you have an idea for product enhancements or sales improvements, you can usually own it and take it on. The products are not smoke and mirrors, but really capable products that help companies get out from under expensive alternatives.

Cons

As some have mentioned, pay and benefits are the biggest con. Expect to have a good career at Talend, but don't expect outstanding benefits of some bigger companies.

Sky is the Limit

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, Learning, and Benefits.
    For those that work hard at Talend, fast growth is readily attainable. I've seen it take place and experienced it myself. Multiple Talendians have started off in the ADR department and ended up transitioning to a more prominent position later down the road. Sometimes this has been very quick, other times it's been a waiting process for something to open up. I'll mention a 3rd case, my case. For one of my promotions, a new position was created that would better exploit my skill set. This is a testament to Talend's outstanding management and ability to develop their own.

In mentioning growth, I must also highlight how Talend lets you flourish in your learning and individual growth. At Talend, there are always possibilities to not only grow organizationally, but also to grow in knowledge and expand your own skill set. I have been encouraged to learn any and everything that interested me with regard to our product, my role, and my future. Typically, these areas where I have increased in knowledge have then been incorporated into my role.

Lastly, Benefits are extremely good. I have a wife and multiple kids and all of us are covered at little additional out of pocket costs.

Overall, I would highly recommend working here. Plus, if you're in the San Francisco valley, we just got a new, extremely nice office that you will love working out of.

Cons

Most of my time at Talend, we have been rapidly growing. While that's a good thing, with it comes growing pains. At times, there had been communication laps between management and the rest of the organization. This is improving, but there is still room to get better. I believe that these lapses in communication have allowed some bad decisions to be made that could have otherwise been prevented if more non-managerial employees had contributed.

Secondly, again because of the quick growth, we tend to rush projects and implementations. From rushing, many times, we find ourselves having to work very long hours in order to meet a deadline and having to put out a lot of fires after the roll-out or completion of the project. That said, the aspect that evens this out for me is that the majority of employees are allowed the flexibility of working from home. This is a nice added bonus to working here.

SDR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great comp, management, and benefits

Cons

no comment, better communication

communication

Talend is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Talend for over three years. I have always felt that my manager has allowed me to exercise my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. I have never felt micro managed. I am able to work from home, which is great. I have also been able to travel some, but not too much. I feel very involved with my team and feel that we can all depend on each other when needed.

Cons

Talend is a growing company, so we are dealing with the normal growing pains of a smaller company. Procedures and polices are being implemented to help with this. When I started here, the internal training was very poor. Talend has worked on improving the internal training, as well as the external training. Talend has multiple products, so it can be difficult to learn all of them.

Learned a lot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very relaxed atmosphere and professional

Cons

as technology company, we should have faster wi-fi bandwidth and network and latest in terms in hardware office equipment and servers

Communication, communication, communication

Making a splash with really large companies

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will be given the opportunity to get good experience on open source technology, Great exposure to product innovations, exposure to a great list of customers. You are given the opportunity to make youself successful if you are willing to work really hard.

Cons

Experiencing growing pains. Hard to keep up with demand. A little short on people who know the product.

Hire people who are capable of helping Talend scale.

Fast-growing company with innovative

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management really wants you to be able to succeed at this company. This is unlike any sales role I've had where management only cares about numbers. Improvements are always made because your opinions get heard and get acted upon. Everyone is really friendly and makes an effort to get to know you on a personal basis.

Cons

Sales process is still being worked on between inside and outside sales, but everyone is great at communication and it's progressively getting refined.