Talend

Talend Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Talend CEO Mike Tuchen

Mike Tuchen

Talend is a great company to work for

Senior Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI have been working for Talend for over three years. I have always felt that my manager has allowed me to exercise my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. I have never felt micro managed. I am able to work from home, which is great. I have also been able to travel some, but not too much. I feel very involved with my team and feel that we can all depend on each other when needed.

ConsTalend is a growing company, so we are dealing with the normal growing pains of a smaller company. Procedures and polices are being implemented to help with this. When I started here, the internal training was very poor. Talend has worked on improving the internal training, as well as the external training. Talend has multiple products, so it can be difficult to learn all of them.

Learned a lot

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Altos, CA

Prosvery relaxed atmosphere and professional

Consas technology company, we should have faster wi-fi bandwidth and network and latest in terms in hardware office equipment and servers

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication, communication, communication

Making a splash with really large companies

Consultant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou will be given the opportunity to get good experience on open source technology, Great exposure to product innovations, exposure to a great list of customers. You are given the opportunity to make youself successful if you are willing to work really hard.

ConsExperiencing growing pains. Hard to keep up with demand. A little short on people who know the product.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who are capable of helping Talend scale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-growing company with innovative

Corporate Account Executive (Current Employee) Los Altos, CA

ProsManagement really wants you to be able to succeed at this company. This is unlike any sales role I've had where management only cares about numbers. Improvements are always made because your opinions get heard and get acted upon. Everyone is really friendly and makes an effort to get to know you on a personal basis.

ConsSales process is still being worked on between inside and outside sales, but everyone is great at communication and it's progressively getting refined.

Talend, up and coming...

Director Corp Sales (Current Employee) Los Altos, CA

ProsTalend is making the transition to great. They are hiring great leaders and filling the right roles that will allow for scale and anticipated growth in the coming year. The company is in a strong position with footprint, funding, leadership and product that the community loves. Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic. This company wants to be great and you can feel it in the culture.

ConsNot many unless wanting to continue to "build" something great and scales is on the list. Dynamic growth and opportunity with a company about to go to the next level always comes with some challenges, but none that aren't being addressed and cant be overcome.

Innovative Company - Making huge strides!

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsTalend is a mature start-up that has the makings of a great Public company in the not-so-distant to near future. I've been with the company through many transitions, and to date, they have all been in the best interest of the company and its employees. Being on a sales team, I feel that I have a voice and that my opinion is not only received well, but appreciated. Talend is on the rise, but still has a lot of challenges to overcome. The benefits are great, as well as the compensation. Objectives are agreeable, but you must be willing to put in your time, especially on the sales side. Weakness shows, and the ones who cannot be creative, innovative, and adaptable are being weeded out - quickly...

ConsThe communication can be lacking at times, but this something that old and new management has recognized and working towards mending. The company is lacking in resources such as Engineers, Legal, Sales Support, etc... however, I believe that a lot of these issues, if not all, are being addressed by our new management and CEO. Much faith in 2014 and coming years...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the hiring and continue to build on products! Keep the trainings coming - new training methodology that was created in 2014 is great and only getting better.

Good!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsYou are learning new technology and product information.

ConsThe communication could be much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more information about what is going on with the company.

Rare Chance for Unique Experience

Sales (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsYou have an opportunity to contribute to an incredibly innovative company that has and will continue to change the data management world. Challenging the status quo and beating the big guys are exciting, but the best thing is opening a new paradigm of innovation and technology for Fortune 500 companies. The team is fun and enlightening as it consists of extraordinarily high-level individuals that truly enjoy the journey towards our goals and objectives.

ConsA fast paced, growth-oriented and results-driven environment is not for the weak and challenges the best conditioned person. There is not time to be complacent and sometimes you are too busy to recognize your own accomplishments and celebrate your success. There are gaps in sales support infrastructure that results in extending yourself beyond the traditional boundaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue investment in expanding our operational and human infrastructure to empower us to excel further. Insure compensation is extraordinarily lucrative to propel us to exceed all stated revenue objectives.

Great Company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Altos, CA

Pros- Stability
    - Great pay w/ Benefits!
    - Open door policy; able to converse with c-levels and Vp's without intimidation
    - Flexibility
    - First company I worked for that I have never encountered a grumpy, miserable employee.
    - Everyone is friendly

Cons- Because it IS a global company, there could be time conflicts when you need to communicate with those in another country
    - Office not big enough. Talend will be moving into a larger building soon.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Talend VP of Talent Acquisition responded to this review

May 1, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Our continued growth, in terms of hiring, has meant that we're maxing out, in our current office space in Los Altos. The new offices that we'll move ... More

Enjoying my time with a great company

ProsFriendly people and great management. I feel that my managers and colleagues are genuinely interested in my professional development - not caught up in politics and throwing people under the bus as is the case with many workplaces. Talend is expanding quickly so there is lots of room for growth; it is quite exciting to witness this phase of the company's life. Also, the office is wedged between Palo Alto and Mountain View, so there plenty to do (eat) within walking distance. But most importantly, my work provides exciting challenges and adds value to the company as a whole.

ConsLaptops could be more powerful. Current office has become too small for the headcount, but we are moving to a bigger space in June.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy/lease a Talend bus for the long commuters! (Only half joking)

Worked for Talend? Contribute to the Community!