Talend

Updated December 12, 2014
4.3

Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Growth company on a roll

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good leadership team, smart and fun people, well defined go to market strategy

Cons

A lot of instability with higher than average turnover (some voluntary, some not)

Talend is an exciting, up and coming company!

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Talend has really begun to grasp a clear go to market strategy that has made it a fun and rewarding place to b
    New office is amazing and has a great vibe.
    The product is in great demand and seeing that grow everyday
    Leadership understand the market and is create clear strategy and goals

Cons

Change for some may be difficult to manage for some, but the change is favorable

Need to have more aggressive distribution of shares.

Great people and very cool culture

I have been working at Talend as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people here are really amazing. I am relatively new and everyone I have come in contact with have been super helpful and incredibly nice. The company's products are top notch and smack bad in the middle of one of the hottest spaces in technology. A real international feel to the company. It is very cool to work with people in France, Germany, UK, etc. There are all the perks too! Let's put it this way - you will have a lot of fun and be fed very well :)

Cons

Like any fast growing company - there aren't a lot of process and policies. If you are looking for a really structured type environment then it isn't for you. Very entrepreneurial spirit here - and there is a lot of hard work involved.

Keep us growing! It is exciting to be part of a company like Talend that really gets the "people" aspect.

Fun startup

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Well run company that sells Big Data products. Everybody is enthusiastically pushing the company forward but still has time to have fun. Many take time out to play electronic basketball or ping pong. Colorful, comfortable new office is barely occupied. Many work remotely. No cubes here; just long tables, chairs, and Wi-Fi for laptops. The managers are experienced but are also enjoying the fun. Well stocked snacks, drinks, coffee, capuccino, espresso... Large kitchen has microwave, dishwasher, real dinnerware, 2 huge refrigerators. Just hired 100+.

Cons

Company having growing pains and business focus is unclear. CEO is controlling costs so catered lunches have been cut and hiring is frozen. Pay is low for contractors. Hard to estimate the business outlook. They sell B2B. CEO could be controlling costs because they genuinely want to take the company public or they could be having problems. Hard to say.

On the Cusp of Greatness

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Talend offers a positive, team-oriented work environment. The company is pre-IPO, with revenue and customers, and competes successfully in a blistering hot space that’s only getting bigger. Net/net, if you get the opportunity to work here you should jump at the chance.

Cons

As you would expect from a company experiencing rapid growth, some internal systems and process are still being perfected. By the same token, lots of opportunities for employees to help shape them and impact the company’s broader trajectory.

Continue to maintain an open dialog with employee base as the company grows, celebrate diversity and promote and recognize the efforts of individual contributors.

....Infinity and Beyond!!!!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Communication on ALL levels. Executive team has open door policy and communicates throughout workforce. Excellent external reviews Gartner magic Quadrant etc. Great Work/Life Balance. Excellent growth potential.

Cons

None, unless growing too fast is a problem

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

An excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Technical Consultant

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting and Challenging work opportunities in several areas such as Data Integration, Big Data and Hadoop Integration, Data Quality and MDM.

Cons

Growing pains associated with going from a small European-based company to an American company ready to scale up to the next level.

Good Company, Talented People

Former Employee - Marketing in Los Altos, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Los Altos, CA

I worked at Talend full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a worldwide organization with many talented people. If you get an opportunity to join this company, it's a great way to meet a very sharp international team and make an impact. Talend still has a startup feel. Everyone seems to want to come together and beat the competition and corporate games are minimal. If you have an idea for product enhancements or sales improvements, you can usually own it and take it on. The products are not smoke and mirrors, but really capable products that help companies get out from under expensive alternatives.

Cons

As some have mentioned, pay and benefits are the biggest con. Expect to have a good career at Talend, but don't expect outstanding benefits of some bigger companies.

Sky is the Limit

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growth, Learning, and Benefits.
    For those that work hard at Talend, fast growth is readily attainable. I've seen it take place and experienced it myself. Multiple Talendians have started off in the ADR department and ended up transitioning to a more prominent position later down the road. Sometimes this has been very quick, other times it's been a waiting process for something to open up. I'll mention a 3rd case, my case. For one of my promotions, a new position was created that would better exploit my skill set. This is a testament to Talend's outstanding management and ability to develop their own.

In mentioning growth, I must also highlight how Talend lets you flourish in your learning and individual growth. At Talend, there are always possibilities to not only grow organizationally, but also to grow in knowledge and expand your own skill set. I have been encouraged to learn any and everything that interested me with regard to our product, my role, and my future. Typically, these areas where I have increased in knowledge have then been incorporated into my role.

Lastly, Benefits are extremely good. I have a wife and multiple kids and all of us are covered at little additional out of pocket costs.

Overall, I would highly recommend working here. Plus, if you're in the San Francisco valley, we just got a new, extremely nice office that you will love working out of.

Cons

Most of my time at Talend, we have been rapidly growing. While that's a good thing, with it comes growing pains. At times, there had been communication laps between management and the rest of the organization. This is improving, but there is still room to get better. I believe that these lapses in communication have allowed some bad decisions to be made that could have otherwise been prevented if more non-managerial employees had contributed.

Secondly, again because of the quick growth, we tend to rush projects and implementations. From rushing, many times, we find ourselves having to work very long hours in order to meet a deadline and having to put out a lot of fires after the roll-out or completion of the project. That said, the aspect that evens this out for me is that the majority of employees are allowed the flexibility of working from home. This is a nice added bonus to working here.

SDR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great comp, management, and benefits

Cons

no comment, better communication

communication