Talend

Updated August 28, 2014

4.4

Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Global technology organization on the move

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Well-funded company that is continuously evolving. Down to earth accessible senior leadership team that understands and appreciates the people element. Diverse global employee population that is highly skilled. Visible investments back into the organization. New corporate office. Minimal politics. Passionate about open source market - its the drumb beat. .

Cons

Some growing pains and some silos geographically that are not uncommon at this stage of growth. Employee population has seen a fair amount of change at the helm. The changes however are in preparation for a bigger stage and necessary.

Cross-cultural work teams. Elevate work environments globally to new standard set in CA.

Sky is the Limit

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Growth, Learning, and Benefits.
    For those that work hard at Talend, fast growth is readily attainable. I've seen it take place and experienced it myself. Multiple Talendians have started off in the ADR department and ended up transitioning to a more prominent position later down the road. Sometimes this has been very quick, other times it's been a waiting process for something to open up. I'll mention a 3rd case, my case. For one of my promotions, a new position was created that would better exploit my skill set. This is a testament to Talend's outstanding management and ability to develop their own.

In mentioning growth, I must also highlight how Talend lets you flourish in your learning and individual growth. At Talend, there are always possibilities to not only grow organizationally, but also to grow in knowledge and expand your own skill set. I have been encouraged to learn any and everything that interested me with regard to our product, my role, and my future. Typically, these areas where I have increased in knowledge have then been incorporated into my role.

Lastly, Benefits are extremely good. I have a wife and multiple kids and all of us are covered at little additional out of pocket costs.

Overall, I would highly recommend working here. Plus, if you're in the San Francisco valley, we just got a new, extremely nice office that you will love working out of.

Cons

Most of my time at Talend, we have been rapidly growing. While that's a good thing, with it comes growing pains. At times, there had been communication laps between management and the rest of the organization. This is improving, but there is still room to get better. I believe that these lapses in communication have allowed some bad decisions to be made that could have otherwise been prevented if more non-managerial employees had contributed.

Secondly, again because of the quick growth, we tend to rush projects and implementations. From rushing, many times, we find ourselves having to work very long hours in order to meet a deadline and having to put out a lot of fires after the roll-out or completion of the project. That said, the aspect that evens this out for me is that the majority of employees are allowed the flexibility of working from home. This is a nice added bonus to working here.

SDR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

great comp, management, and benefits

Cons

no comment, better communication

communication

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Talend is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working for Talend for over three years. I have always felt that my manager has allowed me to exercise my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. I have never felt micro managed. I am able to work from home, which is great. I have also been able to travel some, but not too much. I feel very involved with my team and feel that we can all depend on each other when needed.

Cons

Talend is a growing company, so we are dealing with the normal growing pains of a smaller company. Procedures and polices are being implemented to help with this. When I started here, the internal training was very poor. Talend has worked on improving the internal training, as well as the external training. Talend has multiple products, so it can be difficult to learn all of them.

Learned a lot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

very relaxed atmosphere and professional

Cons

as technology company, we should have faster wi-fi bandwidth and network and latest in terms in hardware office equipment and servers

Communication, communication, communication

Making a splash with really large companies

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will be given the opportunity to get good experience on open source technology, Great exposure to product innovations, exposure to a great list of customers. You are given the opportunity to make youself successful if you are willing to work really hard.

Cons

Experiencing growing pains. Hard to keep up with demand. A little short on people who know the product.

Hire people who are capable of helping Talend scale.

Good!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time

Pros

You are learning new technology and product information.

Cons

The communication could be much better.

Provide more information about what is going on with the company.

Fast-growing company with innovative

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive  in  Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management really wants you to be able to succeed at this company. This is unlike any sales role I've had where management only cares about numbers. Improvements are always made because your opinions get heard and get acted upon. Everyone is really friendly and makes an effort to get to know you on a personal basis.

Cons

Sales process is still being worked on between inside and outside sales, but everyone is great at communication and it's progressively getting refined.

Talend, up and coming...

Current Employee - Director Corp Sales  in  Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Director Corp Sales in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talend is making the transition to great. They are hiring great leaders and filling the right roles that will allow for scale and anticipated growth in the coming year. The company is in a strong position with footprint, funding, leadership and product that the community loves. Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic. This company wants to be great and you can feel it in the culture.

Cons

Not many unless wanting to continue to "build" something great and scales is on the list. Dynamic growth and opportunity with a company about to go to the next level always comes with some challenges, but none that aren't being addressed and cant be overcome.

Innovative Company - Making huge strides!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talend is a mature start-up that has the makings of a great Public company in the not-so-distant to near future. I've been with the company through many transitions, and to date, they have all been in the best interest of the company and its employees. Being on a sales team, I feel that I have a voice and that my opinion is not only received well, but appreciated. Talend is on the rise, but still has a lot of challenges to overcome. The benefits are great, as well as the compensation. Objectives are agreeable, but you must be willing to put in your time, especially on the sales side. Weakness shows, and the ones who cannot be creative, innovative, and adaptable are being weeded out - quickly...

Cons

The communication can be lacking at times, but this something that old and new management has recognized and working towards mending. The company is lacking in resources such as Engineers, Legal, Sales Support, etc... however, I believe that a lot of these issues, if not all, are being addressed by our new management and CEO. Much faith in 2014 and coming years...

Keep up the hiring and continue to build on products! Keep the trainings coming - new training methodology that was created in 2014 is great and only getting better.

Worked for Talend? Contribute to the Community!