Talend

Updated December 12, 2014
4.3

Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Talend is an exciting, up and coming company!

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Talend has really begun to grasp a clear go to market strategy that has made it a fun and rewarding place to b
    New office is amazing and has a great vibe.
    The product is in great demand and seeing that grow everyday
    Leadership understand the market and is create clear strategy and goals

Cons

Change for some may be difficult to manage for some, but the change is favorable

Need to have more aggressive distribution of shares.

Great people and very cool culture

I have been working at Talend as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people here are really amazing. I am relatively new and everyone I have come in contact with have been super helpful and incredibly nice. The company's products are top notch and smack bad in the middle of one of the hottest spaces in technology. A real international feel to the company. It is very cool to work with people in France, Germany, UK, etc. There are all the perks too! Let's put it this way - you will have a lot of fun and be fed very well :)

Cons

Like any fast growing company - there aren't a lot of process and policies. If you are looking for a really structured type environment then it isn't for you. Very entrepreneurial spirit here - and there is a lot of hard work involved.

Keep us growing! It is exciting to be part of a company like Talend that really gets the "people" aspect.

On the Cusp of Greatness

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Talend offers a positive, team-oriented work environment. The company is pre-IPO, with revenue and customers, and competes successfully in a blistering hot space that’s only getting bigger. Net/net, if you get the opportunity to work here you should jump at the chance.

Cons

As you would expect from a company experiencing rapid growth, some internal systems and process are still being perfected. By the same token, lots of opportunities for employees to help shape them and impact the company’s broader trajectory.

Continue to maintain an open dialog with employee base as the company grows, celebrate diversity and promote and recognize the efforts of individual contributors.

....Infinity and Beyond!!!!

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Communication on ALL levels. Executive team has open door policy and communicates throughout workforce. Excellent external reviews Gartner magic Quadrant etc. Great Work/Life Balance. Excellent growth potential.

Cons

None, unless growing too fast is a problem

Keep doing what you are doing!!!

Growing fast, but still with the start-up spirit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suresnes (France)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suresnes (France)

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a really strong team spirit, and you really feel like your opinions are taken seriously - whatever level of the company you work at. You are also given the opportunity to make an impact fast.

Cons

Salary could be better. And while things are improving, there are still some infrastructure problems to be dealt with.

Don't lose the hands-on start-up spirit as the company grows

Talend is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Talend for over three years. I have always felt that my manager has allowed me to exercise my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. I have never felt micro managed. I am able to work from home, which is great. I have also been able to travel some, but not too much. I feel very involved with my team and feel that we can all depend on each other when needed.

Cons

Talend is a growing company, so we are dealing with the normal growing pains of a smaller company. Procedures and polices are being implemented to help with this. When I started here, the internal training was very poor. Talend has worked on improving the internal training, as well as the external training. Talend has multiple products, so it can be difficult to learn all of them.

opportunity @ Talend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talend is a growing organization where those with the aptitude and attitude to embrace opportunity will thrive.

Cons

The company has grown very fast and has been challenged the related growing pains. Specifically some internal functions could have been given more attention. This is being addressed and improving every fast.

keep going at this velocity...

Innovative Company - Making huge strides!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Talend is a mature start-up that has the makings of a great Public company in the not-so-distant to near future. I've been with the company through many transitions, and to date, they have all been in the best interest of the company and its employees. Being on a sales team, I feel that I have a voice and that my opinion is not only received well, but appreciated. Talend is on the rise, but still has a lot of challenges to overcome. The benefits are great, as well as the compensation. Objectives are agreeable, but you must be willing to put in your time, especially on the sales side. Weakness shows, and the ones who cannot be creative, innovative, and adaptable are being weeded out - quickly...

Cons

The communication can be lacking at times, but this something that old and new management has recognized and working towards mending. The company is lacking in resources such as Engineers, Legal, Sales Support, etc... however, I believe that a lot of these issues, if not all, are being addressed by our new management and CEO. Much faith in 2014 and coming years...

Keep up the hiring and continue to build on products! Keep the trainings coming - new training methodology that was created in 2014 is great and only getting better.

Talend, up and coming...

Current Employee - Director Corp Sales in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Director Corp Sales in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Talend is making the transition to great. They are hiring great leaders and filling the right roles that will allow for scale and anticipated growth in the coming year. The company is in a strong position with footprint, funding, leadership and product that the community loves. Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic. This company wants to be great and you can feel it in the culture.

Cons

Not many unless wanting to continue to "build" something great and scales is on the list. Dynamic growth and opportunity with a company about to go to the next level always comes with some challenges, but none that aren't being addressed and cant be overcome.

Fast-growing company with innovative

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management really wants you to be able to succeed at this company. This is unlike any sales role I've had where management only cares about numbers. Improvements are always made because your opinions get heard and get acted upon. Everyone is really friendly and makes an effort to get to know you on a personal basis.

Cons

Sales process is still being worked on between inside and outside sales, but everyone is great at communication and it's progressively getting refined.