Talend Reviews

Reset
4.3
Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Pros
  • Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic (in 3 reviews)

• Interesting and Challenging work opportunities in several areas such as Data Integration, Big Data and Hadoop Integration, Data Quality and MDM (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • work / life balance can be challenging (in 5 reviews)

• The company has grown very fast and has been challenged the related growing pains (in 8 reviews)

Awesome Successful Startup

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Openness - Flexibility - Talended people - Worldwide company (that's very unique for a 5 years old startup) - Core Values are a role-model for startups to follow. A great place to be if you wanna be part of a successful startup or launch your own. If you're a geek and love Data , Talend is the place to be.

Cons

- Roller coaster is the norm like any startup - Work-Life balance could be challenging Generally speaking, you shouldn't join a startup if you're not a self-starter and quick learner. Nothing wrong with that,it's just the way it's at startups.

Advice to Management

- Engage as much employees as possible in improving processes at the company. - Keep attracting top-talent to take Talend to the next stage of a successful startup

Challenging and fun place to work

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- possibility to have an impact; - smart and fun people onboard - new management team seems to really know what they're doing - global presence allows you to work with very different employees across the globe - not too large so that you can have an impact and know everyone but not too small either

Cons

- work / life balance can be challenging

Advice to Management

- Continue to do what you're doing and continue to communicate!

Apr 13, 2015 – Talent Aquisition Manager

.....a fun place to work, we'll take that! thanks for the review! :)

3. Talend is one-of-a-kind startup company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Manager in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a great opportunity and honor that I am able to work for Talend. This is a great startup led by strong, entrepreneurial management team who also focus on building teams with happy employees. Compensation is fair in the industry. I achieved my career advancement goal with close to 2 years of working for the company. Overall I am a very satisfied employee.

Cons

Talend teams are geographically and culturally diverse, which can make collaboration & communication a slight challenge sometimes. But that is also what makes the Talend culture interesting and unique!

5. Rare Chance for Unique Experience

Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have an opportunity to contribute to an incredibly innovative company that has and will continue to change the data management world. Challenging the status quo and beating the big guys are exciting, but the best thing is opening a new paradigm of innovation and technology for Fortune 500 companies. The team is fun and enlightening as it consists of extraordinarily high-level individuals that truly enjoy the journey towards our goals and objectives.

Cons

A fast paced, growth-oriented and results-driven environment is not for the weak and challenges the best conditioned person. There is not time to be complacent and sometimes you are too busy to recognize your own accomplishments and celebrate your success. There are gaps in sales support infrastructure that results in extending yourself beyond the traditional boundaries.

Advice to Management

Continue investment in expanding our operational and human infrastructure to empower us to excel further. Insure compensation is extraordinarily lucrative to propel us to exceed all stated revenue objectives.

Fast-growing company with innovative

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management really wants you to be able to succeed at this company. This is unlike any sales role I've had where management only cares about numbers. Improvements are always made because your opinions get heard and get acted upon. Everyone is really friendly and makes an effort to get to know you on a personal basis.

Cons

Sales process is still being worked on between inside and outside sales, but everyone is great at communication and it's progressively getting refined.

7. Talend, up and coming...

Current Employee - Director Corp Sales in Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Director Corp Sales in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talend is making the transition to great. They are hiring great leaders and filling the right roles that will allow for scale and anticipated growth in the coming year. The company is in a strong position with footprint, funding, leadership and product that the community loves. Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic. This company wants to be great and you can feel it in the culture.

Cons

Not many unless wanting to continue to "build" something great and scales is on the list. Dynamic growth and opportunity with a company about to go to the next level always comes with some challenges, but none that aren't being addressed and cant be overcome.

8. Innovative Company - Making huge strides!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talend is a mature start-up that has the makings of a great Public company in the not-so-distant to near future. I've been with the company through many transitions, and to date, they have all been in the best interest of the company and its employees. Being on a sales team, I feel that I have a voice and that my opinion is not only received well, but appreciated. Talend is on the rise, but still has a lot of challenges to overcome. The benefits are great, as well as the compensation. Objectives are agreeable, but you must be willing to put in your time, especially on the sales side. Weakness shows, and the ones who cannot be creative, innovative, and adaptable are being weeded out - quickly...

Cons

The communication can be lacking at times, but this something that old and new management has recognized and working towards mending. The company is lacking in resources such as Engineers, Legal, Sales Support, etc... however, I believe that a lot of these issues, if not all, are being addressed by our new management and CEO. Much faith in 2014 and coming years...

Advice to Management

Keep up the hiring and continue to build on products! Keep the trainings coming - new training methodology that was created in 2014 is great and only getting better.

9. Talend is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for Talend for over three years. I have always felt that my manager has allowed me to exercise my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. I have never felt micro managed. I am able to work from home, which is great. I have also been able to travel some, but not too much. I feel very involved with my team and feel that we can all depend on each other when needed.

Cons

Talend is a growing company, so we are dealing with the normal growing pains of a smaller company. Procedures and polices are being implemented to help with this. When I started here, the internal training was very poor. Talend has worked on improving the internal training, as well as the external training. Talend has multiple products, so it can be difficult to learn all of them.

Apr 13, 2015 – Talent Aquisition Manager

Thanks for taking the time... :)

On the Cusp of Greatness

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Talend offers a positive, team-oriented work environment. The company is pre-IPO, with revenue and customers, and competes successfully in a blistering hot space that’s only getting bigger. Net/net, if you get the opportunity to work here you should jump at the chance.

Cons

As you would expect from a company experiencing rapid growth, some internal systems and process are still being perfected. By the same token, lots of opportunities for employees to help shape them and impact the company’s broader trajectory.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain an open dialog with employee base as the company grows, celebrate diversity and promote and recognize the efforts of individual contributors.

Apr 13, 2015 – Talent Aquisition Manager

blisteringly hot! NICE! thanks for taking the time to post your comments! :)

Great times ahead for a phenomenal company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Talend full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talend's time has come - great products, great partners, great customers. The company has gone through a tremendous amount of change the past two years but from someone who has experienced it first hand, I feel we now have the RIGHT leadership team in place across all organizations. Change is hard sometimes and there can be confusion but we are now poised to execute on all fronts starting with an amazing CEO, extremely competent Sales management team, and a strong HR organization (led by a very competent leader who BTW was personally instrumental in making this year's Quota club the best ever! - Thank you for all of the personal dedication and attention!) Bottom line: Joining Talend would be one of the best decisions you could make.

Cons

There are still some infrastructure and processes which need to come up to speed as a result of so many changes (personnel thru applications) BUT these have been acknowledged and are being addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your internal resources and provide them with a focused career path which leverages their experience and knowledge of Talend.

Apr 13, 2015 – Talent Aquisition Manager

The time is now! :) thanks for the positivity...! :)

RSS Feed </> Embed