Talend

Updated September 29, 2014
4.5

Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Growing fast, but still with the start-up spirit

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Suresnes (France)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suresnes (France)

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a really strong team spirit, and you really feel like your opinions are taken seriously - whatever level of the company you work at. You are also given the opportunity to make an impact fast.

Cons

Salary could be better. And while things are improving, there are still some infrastructure problems to be dealt with.

Don't lose the hands-on start-up spirit as the company grows

A company that gives you responsibility if you want it

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you like responsibility then Talend is a company for you. Given we are growing there are opportunities left and right to make a difference both for your personal development as well as for the company.

Cons

With growth come growing pains. Some of the processes that exist don't scale anymore and need to be and are being changed. During transition some things are not clear and you need to help yourself because nobody has the time to help you. If that is not something for you you should not join.

Talend is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been working for Talend for over three years. I have always felt that my manager has allowed me to exercise my strengths and improve on my weaknesses. I have never felt micro managed. I am able to work from home, which is great. I have also been able to travel some, but not too much. I feel very involved with my team and feel that we can all depend on each other when needed.

Cons

Talend is a growing company, so we are dealing with the normal growing pains of a smaller company. Procedures and polices are being implemented to help with this. When I started here, the internal training was very poor. Talend has worked on improving the internal training, as well as the external training. Talend has multiple products, so it can be difficult to learn all of them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

opportunity @ Talend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talend is a growing organization where those with the aptitude and attitude to embrace opportunity will thrive.

Cons

The company has grown very fast and has been challenged the related growing pains. Specifically some internal functions could have been given more attention. This is being addressed and improving every fast.

keep going at this velocity...

Innovative Company - Making huge strides!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talend is a mature start-up that has the makings of a great Public company in the not-so-distant to near future. I've been with the company through many transitions, and to date, they have all been in the best interest of the company and its employees. Being on a sales team, I feel that I have a voice and that my opinion is not only received well, but appreciated. Talend is on the rise, but still has a lot of challenges to overcome. The benefits are great, as well as the compensation. Objectives are agreeable, but you must be willing to put in your time, especially on the sales side. Weakness shows, and the ones who cannot be creative, innovative, and adaptable are being weeded out - quickly...

Cons

The communication can be lacking at times, but this something that old and new management has recognized and working towards mending. The company is lacking in resources such as Engineers, Legal, Sales Support, etc... however, I believe that a lot of these issues, if not all, are being addressed by our new management and CEO. Much faith in 2014 and coming years...

Keep up the hiring and continue to build on products! Keep the trainings coming - new training methodology that was created in 2014 is great and only getting better.

Talend, up and coming...

Current Employee - Director Corp Sales  in  Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Director Corp Sales in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talend is making the transition to great. They are hiring great leaders and filling the right roles that will allow for scale and anticipated growth in the coming year. The company is in a strong position with footprint, funding, leadership and product that the community loves. Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic. This company wants to be great and you can feel it in the culture.

Cons

Not many unless wanting to continue to "build" something great and scales is on the list. Dynamic growth and opportunity with a company about to go to the next level always comes with some challenges, but none that aren't being addressed and cant be overcome.

Fast-growing company with innovative

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive  in  Los Altos, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Los Altos, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management really wants you to be able to succeed at this company. This is unlike any sales role I've had where management only cares about numbers. Improvements are always made because your opinions get heard and get acted upon. Everyone is really friendly and makes an effort to get to know you on a personal basis.

Cons

Sales process is still being worked on between inside and outside sales, but everyone is great at communication and it's progressively getting refined.

Improved a lot recently

Current Employee - Technical Consultant  in  Bonn (Germany)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Bonn (Germany)

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

+ Smart and friendly colleges
    + Challenging and interesting task to do
    + Growing company, variety of tasks to do
    + I can come up with own ideas which are usually accepted and applied

Cons

- Training on the job (I only attended a formal training once)
    - No well defined career steps
    - No company credit card, some travel cost need to be paid by yourself first (and then you get reimbursed later)

Increase Information flow: I would like to know as early as possible if I'm assigned to work for a specific customer, not just some few days before

Lots of opportunities

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a growing company. There are lots of opportunities to learn, to discover and to innovate. The products are always undergoing enhancements and getting better. With the focus on big data, it is the company that cover all the landscape in terms of data management. Senior management are open and accessible. Easy to communicate with the whole team, and colleagues will go the extra mile for you to help you out of a sticky situation.

Cons

Work/life balance sometimes suffer. Currently not the most competitive in terms of compensation.

Focus more on the people and keep on the good work.

Rare Chance for Unique Experience

Current Employee - Sales  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You have an opportunity to contribute to an incredibly innovative company that has and will continue to change the data management world. Challenging the status quo and beating the big guys are exciting, but the best thing is opening a new paradigm of innovation and technology for Fortune 500 companies. The team is fun and enlightening as it consists of extraordinarily high-level individuals that truly enjoy the journey towards our goals and objectives.

Cons

A fast paced, growth-oriented and results-driven environment is not for the weak and challenges the best conditioned person. There is not time to be complacent and sometimes you are too busy to recognize your own accomplishments and celebrate your success. There are gaps in sales support infrastructure that results in extending yourself beyond the traditional boundaries.

Continue investment in expanding our operational and human infrastructure to empower us to excel further. Insure compensation is extraordinarily lucrative to propel us to exceed all stated revenue objectives.

Worked for Talend? Contribute to the Community!