Talend Reviews

66 reviews filtered by
4.3
Talend CEO Mike Tuchen
Mike Tuchen

Pros
  • Pretty great place to be, which is why I left the sure thing at New Relic (in 3 reviews)

• Well run company that sells Big Data products (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long distance commutes affect the employees' work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Company having growing pains and business focus is unclear (in 8 reviews)

1. At Talend, we win as a team and have fun!

Current Employee - Uk Sales in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Uk Sales in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, brilliant team environment, fantastic management. I work in the sales department and we have great fun we work hard to hit our targets and we have fun doing so.

We are PRE-IPO in an industry which is extremely hot!

Cons

Pre-IPO therefore targets are very aggressive.

Keep up the good work it is paying off!

2. Great Market which is rapidly growing, with a new leadership team which is executing on the opportunity.

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Big Data is one of the fastest growing markets in technology, and Talend is poised to capture a significant portion of the market. The product is rock solid. The new management team is really trying to establish a growth culture, and seems to be doing all the right things. They are bringing in a bunch of talented folks at the operational management level.

Cons

The culture is still evolving as new management team establishes itself. They are really trying to make it a fun place to work. Snacks and weekly lunches are back.....yahoo.

Keep the course. Management and culture change is an evolution not a revolution.

3. Valued every step of the way!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Atmosphere, Great Work Ethic, Great Team, Good Benefits, and in a Progressive Market. If you sink yourself in and get involved you will be respected, appreciated and supported by everyone around you. We all see the potential here for even greater success and everyone is bought in to achieving it. There is simply no time or allowance for Hangers-On.

Cons

A growing company means change is pretty constant, so you have to be prepared for that. The systems and process in place have improved steadily over the years but still need some refinement.

Keep it going! We should continue to push ourselves forward, but be careful not to overextend ourselves. Maximising the Opportunity from Big Data & Data Driven Strategies is key.

A diluted start-up with confused leadership! It will do nothing for your career.

I worked at Talend full-time

Pros

They have a nice new office. Unfortunately, half the office space will be subleased to another company due to poor budgeting and or incoming revenue.

Cons

Newer technologies are coming to market and their lack of product innovation will inhibit their growth. More people are leaving than coming. Customer's are unhappy with the lack of support. Data is very poor so the leadership is blindly guiding the company. Treat people poorly and very political.

Clear strategy and good culture will drive performance. Find it soon!

6. A great place to work with friendly people and a product that sells!

Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Executive in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Talend is one of the few companies on the verge of an IPO that is not riddled with process. You are given full autonomy and can see the potential to make truly life changing money! The company is very sales focussed with all teams fully supporting the sales people and willing to pitch in wherever and whenever support is needed!

Cons

Sometimes Intranet/strategic company or product information is difficult to find.

Keep supporting the sales people and don't fall into the trap of following to much process!

I work for the best company Talend UK

I have been working at Talend

Pros

The reason why I love working for Talent... It's an amazing place to work wonderful people very professional, you are not micromanage there is a clear career progression path, As a salesperson what you want is an excellent sales manager who is willing to help and wants you to be successful that's exactly what we have at Talend his door is always open to everyone and always happy to listen, he is always involved and gives you the right advice to get the deals over the finishing line

Cons

I don't have any cons

Brilliant work let's keep it going!!!

Space to Breathe

I have been working at Talend

Pros

For people who have initiative and ideas - it's a great place to be. If you just want to follow instructions - go work for a dinosaur ... and hide.

Cons

it takes 15 minutes to walk to the Pub !!! outrageous!

Keep listening to the most important asset you have and then do something with what you've heard.the people on the ground have brains too - and some of them know even more than you do.

Why I joined Talend

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I had a few job offers when I joined Talend, a couple at large old school slow moving companies where I could have safely joined, sat at a quiet desk , collected dust and sunk into the daily grind. But I got off my backside and chose Talend after an inspirational interview I had with the team in Maidenhead.

I have really made the right choice when joining Talend. The vibe in the Maidenhead office is buzzing. The company’s growth potential is soooo big. The employees are like a very large family of Pre-Sales, Sales, Post Sales, Admin , everybody friendly, sharing ideas and keen, all believing in Talend and the years ahead.

Cons

none really, but I don't like flying United across the Pond, please put me on a BA flight next time !

Great Products, Company is Growing, Culture could be better...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Talend full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Majority of people are friendly. They make working at Talend fun!
    - The reviews about the new management is true. Could be good or bad... however you want to spin it.
    - They are still very start-up ish in the sense they are trying to figure out what works and what does not. Sometime interesting to find out how to better improve process.

Cons

Culture. Plain and simple. The person they have in charge has everyone fooled that everything is under control. I work in the Redwood office, and can only speak for that location, and for the past 6 months, things have changed drastically and it all stems down to this person. This person has worked very closely to many of the dept heads for more of a political gain and support, rather than figuring how to maintain a happy, healthy environment. Speculations across the floor has everyone on edge about this person. HR manager left due to personality difference. The recruiting coordinator was let go to hire 2 friends in the Phillipines. And rather than resolving issues head on, like many other startups who expect executives to "wear multiple hats", issues are delegated to the office manager and payroll admin, all the while this is the definition to "triage".

People want a product and leadership they can believe in and a harmonious place to work. If Talend's management does not live up to the standard or pedastool we once placed you at, that is of great disservice to all of the employees. I did not mind this in the beginning while people gossiped but when our new benefits are not being handled correctly due to poor management and willingness to "get your hands dirty", that's a problem. Let's put it this way - if the head of POPS were to leave, talend would still be able to manage because of the great people who are currently managing certain tasks. But if those people were to leave, this manager would be completely lost. Food for thought...

11. Great company focused on being Data Driven

I have been working at Talend full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Product is simple to understand and the beauty is the nature of a unified platform. So clients can start with a simple solution based on ETL (Data integration / Data Quality) and expand further into Application Integration (ESB), Master Data Management and also Big Data. The simple licensing model is something which is seen to be disruptive when comparing against the competitors.
    Work life balance is good. You do have to put the effort in to get the return you want. I look at it as my own franchise that I am running within the company, and hence I put the effort in where I feel will benefit not just short term but long term.
    Benefits are good. This is a small company breaking through to become a large corporate.

Cons

I have been here a short period so far and what I do feel needs more attention is brand awareness. This does take time and I can see the steps that are being taken to get the company name and what we do voiced in the market.

In terms of the product, keep focussed on ensuring the platform is sticky. So area to keep emphasing and marketing are the connectors. More $$ in brand awareness.