Talener

www.talener.com

Talener Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Not yet rated.

Talener- a place where you're challenged in the best way possible.

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou're given the ability to run your own desk very quickly. The company culture is great. Everyone who works there is young and ready to take on the world. The benefits are also a huge plus.

The company teaches you how to push outside of your comfort zone, which leads to results.

ConsI have no cons in relation to Talener

Constantly Learning

ProsIts a competitve sales environment that pushes young professionals to be highly succesful. You are trained from the ground up to run high transactional sales desks, which enables you to get more experience in a year then you would get in 5 years at most companies. There is an aggressive, incentive based pay structure that gives you the ability to affect your income within thr first 6 months of employment.

ConsIts a sales enviorment, and like any other sales job, there is pressure to perform. The pressure is not for everyone, but the nice part is they never give up on trying to help you be as sucessful as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to be consistent in everything.

Great company, Better people

Lead Relationship Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTalener takes entry level kids just out of school and morphs them into business machines forged from steel... and they do this within (at most) two years. If you want to do something significant with your career as an entry level salesperson, join Talener.

They hire really good people.. not to toot my own horn too much here, but they go through a rigorous screening process to find people who have the unique skills that will make them good at this job. Additionally, the people in leadership positions above me got there by proving they deserved to be there. They are all people I look up to both personally and professionally.

Every person in upper management, right up to the CEO, has your back. They take the time to get to know what you want out of life.... and then they help you figure out how to get it!

ConsYou're not going to change the world here. Do the job the way it's laid out to you and you make a lot of money. It's fairly straightforward. For me that's a plus, but admittedly it's not for everyone.

If you don't work hard you will quit or be fired. This doesn't mean working long hours, it means doing everything they tell you in training all the time. Just do that and you'll be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementStanding desks... **cough cough**

New laptops, ideally a tablet... I recommend the surface

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Abusive and unethical company

Prosabsolutely nothing. i'm ashamed to have even worked at such a place

ConsThey absolutely bash former employees for leaving -- and this comes from the "senior" management. The unprofessionalism of this organization is on a level all its own. And the words they use with co-workers on a daily basis is equally terrible, "senior" team puts down employees constantly. The turnover rate is so high, and the only reason they survive is that they prey on new grads who are too naive to know any better. Their commission structure is also incredibly shady.

Advice to Senior ManagementI could see a class action lawsuit in your future for all the abuse and unethical business practices that go on in your offices.

Ill bet all 5 star reviews are from Senior Management to save the company

Lead RM (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsYour next job (yes that is certain; you will quit) after you leave will be 1 millions times better
    If you need a job to get settled in NYC they will hire just about anyone who will have them

ConsEverything. They consistantly lie to you. they bash any other industry and try to hide you from the real working world. Once you find out the grass is in fact greener and the brain washing has worn off you will quit.

They even tell employees not to hang out with the friends you make after they leave because they weren't "good enough" or are bad influences. Essentially they know you will tell them to get the heck out of dodge as fast as possible.

Ohhh and once you leave you get bashed hard by senior management. Real professional... haha

You can get close to 100 grand quickly but then hit the ceiling faster than MJ playing hopes in a room with 7 foot ceilings.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother? I think its a lost cause

Micromanagement from poor managers

ProsGood opportunity to get first job coming out of college and cold calling is an important skill to develop for future possibilities. The organic growth model is an appealing idea but it's somewhat unnerving to think that everyone is essentially being trained by the same person, especially with such young and impressionable minds in the company.

ConsThe high turnover rate is evidence of how under-appreciated employees feel. Upper management sees you as disposable if you don't start performing immediately after the training period . Managers are quick to tell you what you are doing wrong but provide very limited feedback on how to improve. The lack of open-mindedness becomes clear after spending an extended amount of time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider hiring managers outside Talener for a fresh perspective. Also consider rolling out a better commission structure; good employees can make a lot more money at other agencies without the feeling of upper management constantly breathing down their neck.

Work your way up

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWhen it comes down to it, this job is for people that want to challenge themselves and gain exposure to situations that most NEVER have an opportunity to in their entire careers. From negotiating contracts with startups to multi-billion dollar organizations, learning to demonstrate value to complete strangers over the phone, and transitioning into a true business professional... this job will grant you access to the growth that everyone dreams of post-college.

ConsIt isnt for everyone. The company tends to hire people with little to no experience so it can seem overwhelming when you are trying to learn how to actually "sell" and it just feels like you are constantly falling on your face.

Best first job one could ask for - a crash course on account mgmt, biz dev, and sales

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFantastic culture with tight knit team members and mgmt that truly takes an interest in you, limitless potential for growth and earnings based solely on performance and not seniority/politics, great hours and work-life balance, very strong training program. If you're young and raw, you will learn in a very short time all the skills to conduct business like a consummate professional

ConsProbably not for the shy or passive types. This is a very competitive industry with aggressive personalities. Former athletes will love this, introverts won't

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue innovating and growing your unique model to stay ahead of competitors in the industry

Everyday was essentially a nightmare

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI learned that in any future job i have, I should do the opposite of everything they "teach" you at Talener.

ConsUnprofessional and immature are the two words that come to mind when I think of Talener. It is pretty much their tag line. They are also offensive on so many levels to employees that may be of a different background, sexual preference and senior leadership throw around the R word to describe or criticize someone who is perceived as slow or has made some sort of error in their mind. There is a really good reason there are no senior women anywhere at this company - the work environment is horrific for any females and its like being in a frat house 12 hours a day, every day. This culture of unprofessional-ism starts at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a moment to look around and observe the abhorrent culture you've created, and all the talent you've lost because of it. And take a look at the senior members you've promoted despite their reprehensible, immoral and unethical behavior and ask yourself if this is really the organization you want to lead and be a part of.

Opportunity for growth and management quickly if you work hard, listen to advice and follow the models.

Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGives great opportunity for entry level college grads to get into the business world and learn valuable skills that are transferable to every other field.

The management is genuinely interested in their employees growth and development.

Can make a lot of money - in a short amount of time!

Growth trajectory to train and manage people - also in a short amount of time!

ConsThis job is mentally tough and can be tolling overtime or when things are not going well. In turn, people can blame others or blame the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs the company continues to grow, continue to find a way to keep the personal touch that Talener was a founding principle.

Worked for Talener? Contribute to the Community!