Talent Intelligence
www.talentintelligence.com Chicago, IL 16 to 50 Employees

Talent Intelligence Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2014
Talent Intelligence – Chicago – “Chicago Office”

Peter Johns

Challenging but rewarding work environment

Account Director (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGreat opportunities to challenge yourself and grow professionally. Talent Intelligence is great in training employees to be strategic, consultative and manage a project while also giving you the freedom to work and handle client engagements and challenges directly regardless of seniority level.

Conscompany, corporate structure around advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more structure around advancement opportunities for key employees. A better understanding of what is expected and required of employees to reach their individual career goals would be a valuable corporate upgrade.

Excellent Small Company Experience and Culture

Senior Research Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity to personally make a huge impact on Fortune 500 talent acquisition strategy. Ability to lead projects at various levels. Very little micro-management. Business model is very unique compared to executive search and recruiting firms.

ConsNot having the ability to work from home. Could have more flexible "office hours" when specific accounts are performing extremely well.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible on office hours if metrics are constantly being achieved. Put together a training program for individuals coming in ground level.

Great challenge, good people and collaborative environment

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe organization is generous to employees who have a strong work ethic and who show promise in leadership. The culture and people are great; the environment in the office makes coming to work enjoyable. Projects are challenging and rewarding.

ConsSome resources are limited as it is a smaller company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hardworking employees engaged and hold others accountable for their work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Talent Intelligence is a fantastic company, I could not be more proud to work for a company so professionally driven.

Intern, Researcher (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsVery lenient with work hours
    Located in the heart of Chicago
    Excellent diversity and acceptance of all lifestyles
    Positive co-workers
    Good management from top to bottom

ConsThis may be nitpicking, but the work area is too cold. Also, due to it being an office environment the days seem a tad bit longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore holidays off please...

I have been challenged and grown as an employee and manager at TI.

Account Director (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsChallenging projects, diverse and exciting clients, energetic coworkers. There are opportunities to gain knowledge in a variety of industries and learn from people who have experience completing complicated competitive intelligence projects.

ConsTime zone challenges with international clients sometimes make your work day start early or end late.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow your staff and spread the message to a large audience.

Fantastic learning and growth opportunity

Talent Intelligence Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Pros- Top notch clientele
    - Plentiful opportunities for advancement
    - Great learning experience (specifically regarding corporate structures and cultures)
    - Incredibly generous paid time off (approximately 25-30 days/yr depending on length of employment, which includes vacation, sick days, and winter holiday break)

Cons- Loft style office is very trendy but can become uncomfortable as the whether becomes more extreme in the summer and the winter.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering more flexible scheduling.

Great Atmosphere

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThere are a lot of talented people with amazing personalities. This is TI's best attribute.
    The office atmosphere is business casual and professional, yet very down to earth.
    Continuing education is valued. They hold weekly educational sessions that are voluntary.
    Room for advancement.

ConsPay could be more competitive.
    People's active contributions are at times limited to only job requirements. I wish they allowed room for employees to contribute to other aspects of the company they might have expertise in.
    Some assigned duties may be very mundane and repetitive, could definitely be streamlined to greater effect.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great. Although, I recommend allowing employees to contribute to other aspects of the company they might have expertise in.

Great concept, some great people, a very poor manager in US

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsThe problems have been removed. The person now running the US is brilliant and knows this industry. This company does some very strategic and interesting work. The international culture is fantastic. Some really great people have worked at TI.

ConsManagement a bit quirky and lacking clear intiatives. Need good sales executive with C-Level contacts to expand in US.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand how to hire and retain good employees particularly high level management.

Lacking...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent work environment and pay is ok
    Some talented and intelligent people

ConsMany issues with the company unfortunately.
    Just a couple:
    Poor training & development
    Internal talent review process not taken seriously
    Work will put you to sleep

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better

Dedicated team and supportive management

Talent Intelligence Manager (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGood on the job training
    Management who trust you to get the job done
    access to senior clients
    Fun group of people to work with

Consthe responsibility i was given was very scary, but there was plenty of people around me to get me prepared

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have developed a wonderful team spirit. Don't lose it.

Worked for Talent Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talent Intelligence reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Talent Intelligence CEO Peter Johns. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Talent Intelligence employees.