Talent Partners

Paul Muratore
1 Rating

Lots of changes happening

I have been working at Talent Partners

Pros

Lot's of changes happening that could lead to growth and improvements.

Cons

Too much management... many of whom don't know the actual day to day of employees.

smoke and mirrors

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Talent Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

generous time off policy, some really good people - family environment (amongst some groups of co-workers) , long standing client relationships, office locations are pretty decent.

Cons

There are so many things wrong with this company - I don't even know where to start. One could probably argue that most issues arise from mistakes the CEO has made (but refuses to own). Most of his decisions are based on what makes him feel comfortable - not what's best for the company. He hires his friends and puts them in positions they are in no way qualified to handle. He makes judgments of people like a high-school girl and decisions are made based on these immature judgments...its almost laughable. Everyone runs around like chickens with their heads cut off with no real direction. The CEO speaks and even if it doesn't make sense (which it usually doesn't) people nod and smile. New hires are best if they can "laugh and giggle" with him on a level he's comfortable with. If you're viewed as being too strong or opinionated - you're booted off the island. The only reason this company has managed to be so successful is the dedication and competency of it's day-to-day workers. Management is a joke. And mind you, this is a company of "managers" - the ratio of managers to non-managers is insane. Six figure salaries are handed out like candy - so if you're a "friend" or sit at the right lunch table then you're a manager. They talk a lot about "growth" and "career paths" - another joke - and only reserved for certain people. There have been some who have blatantly said "I want to grow in the company and this is what I am interested in doing" and they've been ignored an shot down - in theory because the "head of the cheerleading squad" doesn't "like them" - good God Lemon!!

As for management specifically, there is no accountability at all. If something goes wrong it is never, ever their fault. . For example, compensation increases were supposed to be applied by a certain time - they weren't and their was no repercussion. That's just one example in a sea of bad processes and mismanagement.
    Bottom line - if something goes right, they take the credit. If something goes wrong - its your fault.

Now for anyone who has been following Talent Partners - the company has just been invested in by The Carlyle Group - the only reason I'm choosing to stick around is because I'm praying that they come in and see how ridiculously wrong this place has operated for so long and they clean it up!

Stop playing "follow the leader" - stand up to your "friend" and tell him the truth! What's the worst that could happen? Truly value your employees - and understand that no one is buying it. The Summer outings and bagel Fridays aren't cutting it and nothing feels sincere. If someone would just stand up and say "listen guys, we understand things haven't been working and we're trying to fix it"....just be real for God's sake. Stop acting like robots!

Way too Many Chiefs

Former Employee - Client Service Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Talent Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Was a good place to work at one time

Cons

Terrible working enviroment/Factory style
    Too much red tape/hard to get your job done
    Systems are terrible and hard to work with
    High Stress/Low Pay

Be more flexible
    Listen to the employees more
    Treat your clients better
    Less Managers/More workers

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative

Former Employee - Client Service Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Client Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Talent Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are pretty nice and cordial

Cons

Did not need a college degree for the position, same sort of administrative work everyday.

Allow for positions that have more strategic thinking and innovation. My job consisted of the same day-in day-out administrative work that grows tiring very quickly. It didn't appear like there was any opportunity to find another area to work. It's a short-term job and not a career.

Used to be a great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Talent Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

comprehensive training & nice people.

Cons

To many managers and no one listens to employees.

Encourage your staff with positive feedback, proper reviews and raises. Make your employees feel appreciated and valued

Worked for Talent Partners? Contribute to the Community!