Talent Plus Reviews

Kimberly K. Rath

1. Decent for an internship, amazing for a career

Current Intern - College Development Intern in Lincoln, NE
    Current Intern - College Development Intern in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Talent Plus is an amazing place to work, full of awesome people. Everyone here knows what they're doing and is super friendly. They work in the science of fully utilizing their employees, so rest assured that any position you have at Talent Plus will be a great match.

Cons

As an intern, the pay was not the best. That was the only downside to my experience.

2. The company could be so much more

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company takes great care of employees and does genuinely seem to care about the well being of the associates.

Cons

Senior leaders are to inward focused. Decisions are also made by the owners and they regularly don't take feedback from the people that are close to customers and prospective customers. They also seem more focused on making it appear that it is a great place, versus actually delivering on making a great workplace. Meaning that they are all about the awards and recognition, but many of the programs are really surface only. Also, the company is shrinking and cannot keep customers. I don't think the long term prospects are solid.

Advice to Management

Invest in growth and bring in some leadership that can help re-set the course forward.

Did not practice what they preach

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to travel and work with well known clients, good at developing younger associates, make great friends.

Cons

The owners did not always practice what they preach and they do not deal well with stress. Talent Plus is very good at marketing themselves although many of us who have worked there roll our eyes with all of the press about best places to work stuff.

compelling place to work

I have been working at Talent Plus

Pros

compelling place for clients to do business

Cons

compensation is not competitive, benefits are not great

Clients and co-workers are outstanding - that's about it.

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great clients - able to help others grow and develop, the opportunity to learn about many different industries. What you learn working there will be applicable forever.

Cons

The senior leadership behave inappropriatly much of the time. Their interest seems to be in how much money they can make themselves.

If you offer any suggestions to improving employee morale or benefits and one of the senior leaders believe it to be a knock to the company, look out! Your days are numbered and I would not recommend putting them down as a reference!!

It can seem "cultish".

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach!!

7. Satisfied

Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Web Applications Developer in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Relationship, Values, Flexible, Individualized approach.

Cons

Small company, Compensation is not very good.

Will never realize their potential

I worked at Talent Plus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Clients and opportunity to serve their needs

Cons

Dysfunctional culture and leadership. More time and effort is put into building the "facade" than an organization that "practices what it preaches".
    Client turnover, employee turnover, and lay-offs are all evidence of an organization that doesn't live what it espouses.
    Leadership is all about themselves and the status of their role-- versus the responsiblity of the role as a true builder of people, culture, and partners

Advice to Management

Try and be honest about your many shortcomings and truly care about more than yourself

Great people, bad communication

I worked at Talent Plus

Pros

This could be a great place to work, depending on how well you fit in with their corporate culture. All of the associates are very nice and willing to help out each other. The feedback is positive and there are a lot of special events and get-togethers to promote bonding and friendships.

Cons

Communication is lacking from senior management. In many ways, Talent Plus does not practice what it preaches. Behind closed doors, there is a lot of gossip and inappropriate comments made about other associates. The president and CEO both often behave like children and have instilled a culture of fear among their employees. They secretly have a very high turnover rate due to the fact that many people get into the organization and quickly find out it is not the utopia it claims to be. If you do not play their game their way you could very well end up being fired without approprate cause. It's unfortunate that they manage to get such good people into their organization but fail to appropriately manage things overall.

Advice to Management

Bring in new leadership and encourage the CEO and president to retire before their actions result in making their organization implode.

Talent Plus is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Consultant in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Talent Plus

Pros

We have an awesome Mission, Vision, and Values. We hold to these with excellence. We value the talents and contributions of every associate and we have a blast at work! We select our associates with great care using The Science of Talent, and we prove that our science works by having a truly dynamic workforce. I left a director-level position at a huge global company to come here, and I'm extremely happy with this decision!

Cons

As a small company, our benefits and pay are not comparable to a large corporation.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think that our Senior Management is doing a great job. They need to find more operational leaders that have outside business experience as we continue to grow as an organization.

Talent Plus Photos