TalentWise Reviews

TalentWise: Growing and Going Strong

Current Employee - Software Engineering
    Current Employee - Software Engineering

I have been working at TalentWise

Pros

From a software development standpoint, the work environment is very laid back. My fellow developers are passionate about coding and doing the job right. The company as a whole seems to treat their employees very well.
    The software management seems to be doing better today than it was described in the past. They are involved with your work when they need to be and trust you to get the job done right.
    There are year end bonuses depending upon job performance.

Cons

It's currently a growing company and with that comes some growing pains. But they are doing a good job overall and giving employees a chance to voice their opinions on how to handle changes in the process.

2. Great Tech, Great People

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Sales Operations in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Sales Operations in Bothell, WA

I worked at TalentWise

Pros

If you're looking for a company to pour your heart and soul into, TalentWise is it! With it's rapid growth, and technology platform that is quickly evolving, employees at TalentWise have the opportunity to grow via numerous internal requisitions, and participate in the development of a hiring platform that is transforming the way some of the world's largest employers hire their candidates. This company is a product company through and through, with a huge focus on scalability, and developing a solution the Employers and Candidates love - and none of this would be possible if it weren't for the talented folks working at TalentWise.

TalentWise's greatest strength is it's talent; and this they have plenty! This company recognizes the effort, and dedication of it's employees, and is quick to promote those that demonstrate hard work ethic, quality work, and dedication to the Company's objectives.

You would be fortunate to work here, as you will definitely be better off than before you came.

Keep up the great work TalentWise leadership team :)

Cons

As the company continues to grow, the structure is filling out. This really isn't a con, but if not watched closely this could stress key positions within the org.

3. Great Company, Fantastic People

Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at TalentWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part of TalentWise! Lots of growth meant lots of opportunity to shine and take more responsibility. I always felt supported by my supervisor, and that the company was interested in my professional development. Marketing team is small, but mighty and does an amazing job. The creativity and drive there were inspiring. The head of Marketing is a tremendous leader and a force of nature. I felt lucky to be on that team.

Cons

If you're not flexible or comfortable with a rapidly changing environment, it's probably not for you. Huge growth means you need to think on your feet.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and don't take them for granted.

Politics and Terrible Upper Management

Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Client Service Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beer, soda, coffee, parties.

Cons

When I first started Bill Kerr was the CEO. He took his time to get to know everyone at company. Even when the company did grow twice its size within 4 months he was still around making his way downstairs to say hi to everyone. Once Todd Owens took over and they opened a new office in VA things changed. There was a town hall meeting where the upper management was there boasting about the new VA office. One of my colleagues asked if we should be worried about jobs being out sourced to VA. This was in early 2014. They said we had nothing to worry about. Months later they informed us that an entire department of 30 plus people were being laid off. Todd Owns the proud CEO of the company never shows his face downstairs. Bill Kerr doesn't even take the time to come downstairs. "Downstairs" is customer service. The "FACE" of the company. They brag and brag about how customer service is so important but once they moved into the new building and quarantined customer service downstairs, it's nothing but a big joke. People are leaving left and right. All of the specialist that are even left that know about anything are looking for better work. Mcdonald's employees get paid more. They say its a competitive rate for the area, which is a joke because most places are hiring at least $16 an hour. This last year, not only did they lay off the whole verifications department. Only a handful of people got raises. These people have kids and families to support, but yet upper management says its better for the business. A good business is based on good people. Everyone hates their jobs, I'm not saying this just because I hate it, it's a constant topic. They mask the damage by throwing parties and bragging on Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media outlets. The Account Managers are a bunch of jokes. They don't know how to do anything. They forward emails to Salesforce that are basic fixes because they don't know how to use any of the tools.

Advice to Management

Todd Owens, take a minute to talk to your employees, not in town hall meetings where no one feels comfortable talking. Pay your employees more, you're loosing good people. Everyone that's left have found better paying jobs, that are almost half as much as you're paying the current employees.

Growing Rapidly, And With That Comes Growing Pains

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open leadership team that communicates well
    Collaboration, a few difficult people but everyone works hard to support each other
    Smart people
    If management sees a problem they work to fix it
    Very rapid growth
    Good corporate culture, lots of parties, celebrations, employee recognition

Cons

Very rapid growth, tight resources, more competition for what is a priority
    Culture is shifting, not everyone likes
    Missing some key systems to track the business, training is tough, hard to find materials
    Work/life balance isn't what it use to be
    Bothell location is meh

Advice to Management

Invest in the product, there are things customers need, hard to sell
    Update the website

The Real TalentWise, Happy Camper!

Current Employee - Occupational Health Service Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Occupational Health Service Specialist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been an employee at TalentWise for a little over 3 years. Since my employment, I have had nothing but encouraging reinforcement and wonderful experiences. No one really wants to wake up and go to work everyday, but lets face it, we all have to. This company makes spending 40 hours a week of your time worth it. They know exactly how to make their employees feel welcome and appreciated. Once a year, TalentWise provides employee appreciation week. Everyday for that week, they have some crazy fun activity to show their employee's that hard work pays off. Last year, they had a mini coffee cart come into the office to make everyone free coffee of their preference. If its your birthday or anniversary, you receive a card signed by all of your department with a gift card of your choice inside. They provide free health insurance with excellent coverage. Raises are based on performance as they should, so if hard work isn't your motto, then TalentWise isn't for you.

Cons

Not very many down sides to this company. Since this is an office environment, there are a few difficult employee's to work with but all in all I enjoy waking up and coming to work everyday\.

Advice to Management

Keep providing great opportunities and promoting the elite!

8. Good company but need to pay employees more

I have been working at TalentWise

Pros

Great benefits, great culture and great people!

Cons

The pay is not appropriate to the responsibilities and workload you have. People at fast food restaurants are making just a bit below what I currently make for being at a company for so long.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more money for the hard work we do to keep the company profitable. Without employees and clients, there would be no company.

9. Company went downhill on employment experience, quickly

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Bothell, WA

I worked at TalentWise

Pros

Friendly people and a party atmosphere

Cons

Unstable work environment, nonsecure jobs, unreliable employment. You never know if you'll have a job at the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Quit treating your employees like worthless puppets

High growth company with rewarding work and an excellent team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great career growth potential. They promote from within, whenever possible.
    2. Think outside the box mentality. No "it works do don't change it".
    3. Driven and intelligent coworkers. I can't think of a single slouch in the broader organization.
    4. Excellent management team with a focus on transparency. My boss, in particular, is very supportive with my career growth.
    5. A pre-IPO company with a long history of continued positive sales growth. The company is always hiring to fill new roles and not replace old ones.

Cons

1. HQ is in Bothell, which means a long commute from Seattle. There is, however, a Bellevue engineering office. I don't work in that team, so it doesn't impact me any.
    2. Pay is slightly below average. Perhaps it's because it's based in Bothell and they use North Puget Sound salaries as the benchmark.
    3. The company is growing incredibly fast, but with that comes growing pains. The review process and several systems (learning management) need some additional structure behind them. Nothing terrible, but areas for the company to work on.

steady job, Low pay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at TalentWise

Pros

this job has provided me stable hours and my supervisors are actually fairly easy to work with and are always willing to answer my questions.

Cons

the pay is not great, and they do not tell you that when you get sick they are going to use all of your PTO time without even asking you. What company is ask you to work really hard and always give you more responsibilities because the company is growing however they do not decide to compensate you anymore because they simply can't afford it and bring on more people. I understand that it's hard to give an entire department raises but showing more employee appreciation would be great.

Advice to Management

rather than just giving your employees a pat on the back and saying that you appreciate the work that they do show them by giving them raises

RSS Feed </> Embed