TalentWise Reviews

1. Featured Review

TalentWise: Growing and Going Strong

Current Employee - Software Engineering
    Current Employee - Software Engineering

Pros

From a software development standpoint, the work environment is very laid back. My fellow developers are passionate about coding and doing the job right. The company as a whole seems to treat their employees very well. The software management seems to be doing better today than it was described in the past. They are involved with your work when they need to be and trust you to get the job done right. There are year end bonuses depending upon job performance.

Cons

It's currently a growing company and with that comes some growing pains. But they are doing a good job overall and giving employees a chance to voice their opinions on how to handle changes in the process.

2. Happy Camper

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

TalentWise is a strong company, but they’re also growing quite fast. After spending several years in the HR compliance industry, I was pleased to find a company that I feel understands their employees, caters to their customers, and delivers exceptional service. Growing pains can cripple a company if not handled with care and foresight but TalentWise manages to keep growing without sacrificing employee satisfaction. From the moment I started the interview process I felt like this was the beginning of something good. It took a few weeks to get onboard but I think you have to be picky and create the right environment if you want good people. My interviews really felt just like regular conversations and that surely took to edge and nervousness I was feeling away. To sum it up…I just might be a lifer here! Great people, good pay, tons of opportunities to learn and grow, and most importantly – a leadership team that listens and has an open door policy, not the BS that most companies tell you to divert their incompetence. Everything’s good at TalentWise.

Cons

Nothing much to say here…every company has its quirks and issues. However, I think it’s the team work and open dialogue that helps everyone get through them.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open, especially as you grow the company. It's always good when companies stay true to their roots through good times and bad.

3. Long hours and little thanks

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time

Pros

The benefits package is really good. Dental plan and 401k if you want it. For verifications specialists, you will make between 10 and 13 dollars an hour. My advice is to bid higher when they ask what you expect to make.

Cons

There have been several people quitting the company recently, so this has meant that the rest of us have had to pick up the slack and work a lot of overtime. This usually means getting paid time and a half, but the paychecks don't reflect it. We get "paid off" government holidays, but if you work any overtime the rest of the week (and believe me you will) you won't get paid time and a half for it because they only count "hours worked". This means if you have one day "paid off" you will have a 32 hour week. In order to start making time and a half, you would have to work and additional 8 hours of overtime, and then time and a half would kick in.

Advice to Management

Clean it up, from my experience, there have been some pretty sloppy goings-on lately. Get rid of the "mandidtory" overtime. People don't feel like they're part of a family if they are forced to be there.

Growing company disrupting a space

Current Employee - Senior Alliance Manager in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Alliance Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

TalentWise is led by a focused and professional leadership team. Most have been there since the beginning and have truly invested their lives with this organization. The industry is stable yet requires a new vendor to bring the latest SaaS technology to the market. Enter TalentWise.

Cons

The engineering team is solid yet like all Seattle tech companies, we need more of them. Bothell is not exactly a great location however the costs are lower than Bellevue and go straight to the bottom-line.

Advice to Management

Increase collaboration amongst yourselves. Folks have a tendency to get zoned in on the computer.

6. Good people, need to work on R&D

I worked at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TalentWise has a fantastic culture. Great people, fun events, they have made a lot of changes in the past few years that have really gotten the employees more involved with the company and different positions in the company. Training has improved a lot, more transparency between groups. The CEO has become more outgoing and more involved with the different departments,

Cons

The sales department is struggling. The EVP is out of touch and has put goals into place that are not in line with other companies sales goals. Many seasoned account managers and sales managers have left because of this. Also, more money needs to be put into research and development to keep this company afloat. The onboarding tool is not that great, more innovative products need to be introduced.

Advice to Management

For a company whose main focus is to support other company's HR departments, start off by supporting your own HR department. The HR department is comprised of a bunch of recruiters and ONE specialist doing the work of two people. They don't have an HRIS system and use paper files. I was floored when I learned this. I have worked for much smaller companies with way less technology that give their HR department more tools than this one. Over the years I would go to HR for advice on how to handle a client's issue from an HR stand point. In the past I was given some great advice and it was invaluable to assist our clients with this. Several months ago I went to HR and they provided me no help because they had no clue on HR technology available. Well, HR at all really. Their generalists have been replaced with recruiters. Hire some HR consultants, provide this resource to the employees along with the clients. When sales and account managers can better understand HR, they can better sell and service new and existing clients.

Verification Specialist

Current Employee - Verifications Specialist in Winchester, VA
    Current Employee - Verifications Specialist in Winchester, VA

I have been working at TalentWise (Less than a year)

Pros

We have activities for the employees and family. We have a hard working staff and people available for trainings and help.

Cons

This is still a new company to the area and still working out a few kinks.

8. Not bad

Former Employee - Market Development Representative
    Former Employee - Market Development Representative

I worked at TalentWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great coworkers and relationships developed

Cons

Disorganized and was in the middle of leadership changes

A company who values and support true hunters!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has great name in the market and differentiator that makes TW highly competitive. It also has a lot flexibility which the competition lacks. The team is great and offer great support from sales, presales, and marketing perspective. I absolutely love the "No BS" culture and that politics will never be a factor in bringing new business. It may feel that it's a little disorganized and that you are a lone wolf in your territory, but that's up to you. There's a great team ready to support you and you must have a hunter mentality to bring new prospects. The MDR team is improving and I think they are hiring people with more experience. The quality of leads are improving.

Cons

The training still an area that can be improved. I know the company is making a tremendous effort by having a LMS that will help sales teams to have a quicker ramp up. Also, there should be a more active engagement from the Alliance department. We have all these wonderful partnerships but I don't feel we are taking advantage of them to the fullest.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people from the HCM space. More presales (SC) would be appreciated as I know is a challenge for them to be distributed among so many RSM's.

QA SDET / Manager / Architect

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Architect in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Architect in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time

Pros

From the top down, this company cares about its employees. This company believes in promoting its employees, so there are always great opportunities to move up and try new things. My bosses are very intelligent and always there to listen to ideas and suggestions.

Cons

Nothing for me or my position, nor anything I have seen with others.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you have been doing.

Great Tech, Great People

Former Employee - Senior Manager, Sales Operations in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, Sales Operations in Bothell, WA

Pros

If you're looking for a company to pour your heart and soul into, TalentWise is it! With it's rapid growth, and technology platform that is quickly evolving, employees at TalentWise have the opportunity to grow via numerous internal requisitions, and participate in the development of a hiring platform that is transforming the way some of the world's largest employers hire their candidates. This company is a product company through and through, with a huge focus on scalability, and developing a solution the Employers and Candidates love - and none of this would be possible if it weren't for the talented folks working at TalentWise. TalentWise's greatest strength is it's talent; and this they have plenty! This company recognizes the effort, and dedication of it's employees, and is quick to promote those that demonstrate hard work ethic, quality work, and dedication to the Company's objectives. You would be fortunate to work here, as you will definitely be better off than before you came. Keep up the great work TalentWise leadership team :)

Cons

As the company continues to grow, the structure is filling out. This really isn't a con, but if not watched closely this could stress key positions within the org.

RSS Feed </> Embed