TalentWise

TalentWise Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

TalentWise CEO William R. Kerr

William R. Kerr

Best technology company I've worked for in my career!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsPassionate and well rounded executive team and leadership team. Deep industry experience combined with strong technology and SaaS expertise makes for a leading company. Everyone in the company owns a piece of the pie, which shows the importance TalentWise places on their employees. Everyone is empowered to make great decisions and incented to continue to grow and evolve with the company. Clients are the number one priority and investment continues to be made as the company enhances the product and the customer experience.

ConsIt's a quickly growing company so you've got to be agile and willing to think on your feet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Stay focused on our expertise and continue to push us all to deliver an even better customer experience.

TalentWise receives my all-time best place to work out of 5 other companies in high tech, consumer goods, and agencies.

Director (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

Pros- The intrinsic values of the leadership team are that they are not only passionate about the product but care about the people. Supportive, highly capable and intelligent leadership team.
    - Encouraged and expected to take risks, make decisions; build and own your resources, your team, your plan, your budget, and run your department.
    - Having the ability to sit at the table with the leadership team, be heard and receive their valuable insights.
    - Employees at TalentWise are some of the most capable, hard-working, fun, open and honest I have ever worked with.
    - Working on a product I am passionate about – one that is unique to the industry and a process-driven cloud solution. With TalentWise Hire I take great pride in knowing I’m helping to create a positive impact to HR professionals, hiring managers, job candidates & new hires.
    - Organization engages in and encourages open and honest dialog. An environment of collaboration yet achieves speedy and timely decision-making. Fresh ideas are encouraged, freely spoken and seriously considered.
    - Benefits and salary are right in line with other software companies in the Seattle area, and management & HR do a very good job of ensuring that.

ConsThere is so much one can do - it's up to each of us to identify what moves the needle most - to prioritize, to stay focused, to not take on more than you can chew to avoid not being able to make impact. If you need help, you craft a plan & go after the support you need.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

ProsVery challenging environment to work in but at the same time it is extremely rewarding. I am the kind of person that needs a challenge to be successful and TalentWise is just that. Everyone is extremely concerned about your personal success from senior management to your local manager. Candidly, this is the best company I have ever worked for! With revenue and employee's growing at 50% per annum, opportunities are always presenting themselves and allowing you to transition to your next role very fast. Everyone here in Bothell is a pleasure to work with and I cannot think of a single thing I would change!

ConsA little more guidance on our growth and projections for the next year would be a plus from senior management.

Sometimes the coffee maker stops working...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! When we get to be the size of HireWrong I would hate to see us lose our culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Simply the best company I have ever worked for!

Sales (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsI have worked here for TalentWise since the beginning of the year and have been continually challenged to grow as a professional and develop my skill as a sales person. Something hard to come by is a team that actually cares about each others success and does all it can to make sure you can become your best. I have learned more and grown more here than at any other organization. Plus, they are growing super fast and creating new jobs out of thin air! So, if you work hard this is a great place to move up quick!

ConsThe company seems to get together for fun events to much :(

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

TalentWise is a great, fun place to work in a company making a real difference

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsTalentWise provides background screenings, and my work here makes me feel like I'm really making a difference in the workplace for other companies. I've worn a number of hats here and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally is VERY apparent. Everyone here is very supportive and friendly. I have held jobs before that make me dread waking up in the morning to go to work, and TalentWise is the complete opposite. I know that what we're doing here is actually helping other organizations be safe in their hiring practices and it makes something I can get behind. I have enabled my friends and colleagues to interview and join our team and I would recommend the atmosphere and work environment to ANYONE I wanted to work with.

All parts of management are extremely involved with all parts of the company. All of the C-Level executives are on the floor every day making sure all employees are happy and are engaged with day-to-day processes, even helping much lower-level employees where needed.

ConsThe work can occasionally be overwhelming. Like any smaller company, often times there is more work to be done than just your job, but it all pushes the organization forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonally, I think the management is doing an excellent job at creating a friendly work environment that makes everyone want to come to work every day.

TalentWise is a fair, competitive workplace with a culture that breeds teamwork.

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsTalentWise focuses on people and technology to produce a world-class business solution to meet the demanding needs of business professionals in all industries. It's ability to create and manage specialized solutions for all businesses, small and large, makes TalentWise unique within it's industry and it's competitive advantage tremendous. The proof is in the pudding...with a recent NPS score of 54, retention of 97% of revenue and repeated accolades from highly-respected publications like HRO Today and Workforce Management, TalentWise delivers on it's unparalleled expectations, every time.

ConsRural location with few retail businesses within walking distance

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage fair compensation for same roles inside and outside of the company and continue to invest in the support of the client base as we scale tremendously fast.

Great way to start a career

Program Manager (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsThey look to hire young, hungry workers (often recent college grads) for higher level positions that they might not have been able to get into elsewhere. The non-management workers are fantastic to work with, the kind of environment where you're excited to come to work every day.

ConsPay is well below average, no room for advancement. Upper management has a "my way or the highway" mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people more, especially if they disagree with you.

Hoping to see a decline become an incline

ProsCompetitive benefits
    Kind colleagues that share the same opinion and have good intentions.

ConsLack of resources/proper employee training
    No Management Training
    Does Not Uphold to compensation as agreed upon with Offer. Be sure to ask a lot of questions before signing - especially if in a full or partial commission-based position.

Poor Forecasting resulting in Operational failures, overwhelming staff.
    The theme around the office is it can't be done because of "system limitations" and "inadequate system infrastructure". Adding more bodies instead of correcting root cause is the bandaid.
    TalentWise has overcomplicated everything to offer boutique customer service which tailors to very small businesses. With Enterprise accounts that are now onboard, level of service is no longer sustainable. Especially with a new SaaS vertical which is causing more heartache than seems worthy due to aforementioned reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign a budget for training and resources - a knowledge-base that is reliable, up to date, and accessible for all employees. Include an org-chart for proper internal escalation path.
    Have regular "Coffee with Bill" sessions where the CEO (or COO) meets random employees throughout the organization across multiple teams to collect feedback. The employees know their job best and can provide concerns that, if listened to, TalentWise can take in and look to improve.
    Find more rewarding ways to recognize performance! There are no awards ceremonies, no big events that really recognize success stories of an individual or big wins.

Mar 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions, we appreciate your input. As we continue to grow, here are some areas that are evolving at TalentWise.

TalentWise is implementing new infrastructure
    ... More

Glad they outsourced to India!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Bothell, WA

ProsI am glad Intelius outsourced most of their call center. My direct boss Aaron Katz was awesome. They came around with a snack cart each Monday, provided free soda and coffee, and had fun potlucks.

ConsEating like that while working in a crappy call center will make you fat. The QA people and upper management had a chip on their shoulder and used intimidation methods, rather than boosting employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a better job, the owners of Intelius are just scam artists, and wont let employees defend themselves when customers are abusive on the phone.

Mar 27, 2014

This response is posted under the wrong company. We are not Intelius, we are TalentWise. Nor are we a subsidiary of Intelius. We became independent from Inome in May/June of 2013. Additionally, we ... More

A mixed bag

Director of Sales (Current Employee) Bothell, WA

Pros-Benefits are very good
    -Pay is good, but can vary wildly based on how well you negotiate
    -Customer service was pretty good

Cons-The CEO and the parent company's (Intelius) poor reputation was a road block when trying to close sales
    -Upper management is very detached and unaware from what is happening in the field
    -Sales Manager is very inexperienced and lacks the polish and professionalism required when dealing with both partners and prospects; at times having him on a call was flat out embarrassing
    -While service was good, at times they lack the expertise needed in this type of industry
    -Marketing was weak and does not listen to sales

Advice to Senior ManagementCoach your managers, especially when the manager has no leadership experience. Perform a 360 so you can have a candid assessment of what is happening within your sales group.

Mar 27, 2014

Since this review 3 years ago our company, TalentWise, has spun off from its parent company Intelius. The upper management team as well as the managers and teams representing sales, service and ... More

Worked for TalentWise? Contribute to the Community!