TalentWise Reviews

TalentWise: Growing and Going Strong

Current Employee - Software Engineering
    Current Employee - Software Engineering

I have been working at TalentWise

Pros

From a software development standpoint, the work environment is very laid back. My fellow developers are passionate about coding and doing the job right. The company as a whole seems to treat their employees very well.
    The software management seems to be doing better today than it was described in the past. They are involved with your work when they need to be and trust you to get the job done right.
    There are year end bonuses depending upon job performance.

Cons

It's currently a growing company and with that comes some growing pains. But they are doing a good job overall and giving employees a chance to voice their opinions on how to handle changes in the process.

The Real TalentWise, Happy Camper!

Current Employee - Occupational Health Service Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Occupational Health Service Specialist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been an employee at TalentWise for a little over 3 years. Since my employment, I have had nothing but encouraging reinforcement and wonderful experiences. No one really wants to wake up and go to work everyday, but lets face it, we all have to. This company makes spending 40 hours a week of your time worth it. They know exactly how to make their employees feel welcome and appreciated. Once a year, TalentWise provides employee appreciation week. Everyday for that week, they have some crazy fun activity to show their employee's that hard work pays off. Last year, they had a mini coffee cart come into the office to make everyone free coffee of their preference. If its your birthday or anniversary, you receive a card signed by all of your department with a gift card of your choice inside. They provide free health insurance with excellent coverage. Raises are based on performance as they should, so if hard work isn't your motto, then TalentWise isn't for you.

Cons

Not very many down sides to this company. Since this is an office environment, there are a few difficult employee's to work with but all in all I enjoy waking up and coming to work everyday\.

Advice to Management

Keep providing great opportunities and promoting the elite!

High growth company with rewarding work and an excellent team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great career growth potential. They promote from within, whenever possible.
    2. Think outside the box mentality. No "it works do don't change it".
    3. Driven and intelligent coworkers. I can't think of a single slouch in the broader organization.
    4. Excellent management team with a focus on transparency. My boss, in particular, is very supportive with my career growth.
    5. A pre-IPO company with a long history of continued positive sales growth. The company is always hiring to fill new roles and not replace old ones.

Cons

1. HQ is in Bothell, which means a long commute from Seattle. There is, however, a Bellevue engineering office. I don't work in that team, so it doesn't impact me any.
    2. Pay is slightly below average. Perhaps it's because it's based in Bothell and they use North Puget Sound salaries as the benchmark.
    3. The company is growing incredibly fast, but with that comes growing pains. The review process and several systems (learning management) need some additional structure behind them. Nothing terrible, but areas for the company to work on.

Growth, Growth, Growth!

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise

Pros

Great pay, fantastic residual commission structures, unique industry niche leading position and fantastic benefits.

Cons

Lack of training for in-depth sales training and Background industry knowledge for new sales positions.

I am living proof of the endless potential in Corp. Sales at TalentWise; earnings and career advancement are limitless!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I challenge you to find a company with better culture, growth or compensation potential.

The executives all have an open door policy and make every employee feel at home because they ACTUALLY care and know most, if not every employee by name.

As one of the first hundred or so employee's at TalentWise, I have personally seen this company grow from $25 Million in Revenue with 120 employees, to $50 + Million in Revenue with close to 400 employees; suffice to say, it's been one heck of a ride.

As a current employee in Corporate Sales, I have gotten to where I am by partially by skills but primarily by hard work. I've been in every role starting from MDR (which I did for almost a year) working my way up into a Senior Mid-Market role in just 3 years and also doubling my earnings to make 6 figures at the age of 25...

With that said, even if the aforementioned reasons weren't as fruitful as they actually are, TalentWise has molded me into a better person which is invaluable and something I sincerely appreciate. While it may sound cliche, to me this is the most important characteristic a company could ever have.

Cons

With hyper growth there are always going to be inerrant problems which are sometimes hard to overcome. I have seen people come, and seen people go and the biggest challenge I had was distancing myself from "group think". When people know they aren't where they need to be in terms of work ethic or skills, they voice their "dirty laundry" and can bring others down; but long story short, because of the close proximity in which we work it's sometimes difficult to block out the naysayers.

Additionally, growth is difficult and it's been a challenge sometimes getting all teams ranging from sales, marketing, finance, operations, support all on the same page. As a result there have been challenges and will continue to be challenges (i.e. verification fiasco) but every hiccup has been, and will continue to be resolved.

Advice to Management

The one idea that might be fun is to have a company contest like we at the Inome Christmas party 2 years back where employees made suggestions on process/product improvements and the winner received a substantial check for 50k for coming up with the best idea.

Other than that, I'd say just keep the same trajectory!

TalentWise is a fast growth company but has same challenges growth companies have

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is very engaged and there is truly an open door policy. TalentWise embraces and entrepreneurial spirit and you have the ability to influence change. We are at a very exciting time in our growth and there is a reason I've been here nearly 7 years.

Cons

Like any company that's in high growth, access to resources and fixing core functionally and responsiveness can sometimes suffer. This comes with the territory and there are pieces being put in place to fix them.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on areas of support and ability to be more nimble in fixing core functionality

Great company, lots of people who listen

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work on the Engineering team are friendly and helpful; and willing to help people in trouble. Senior management knows how hard the Engineers are working, and how important they are to the companies future. The location in Bellevue is close to many restaurants for going out to lunch, and public transportation options.

Cons

Corporate headquarters is currently in Bothell; so it's occasionally hard to talk to some of the other parts of the company due to the commute.

Fantastic company growth equals huge personal growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time

Pros

As always, if you start with great people and add opportunity and a strong corporate focus, you can't help but accomplish great things. The people here seem totally bought in focused in rowing in the same direction.

Cons

There's a lot to do, as is always true when the business is doing well. But that just lends itself to being able to solve problems and shine!

A great workplace where I have had a lot of personal and professional growth

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

TalentWise has a lot of great people who are fun to work with. Everyone has always been nothing but helpful to me during my time at TalentWise. I have a great work-life balance and a great boss. I am satisfied with my compensation and benefits.

TalentWise is like anything else in this world, people who set goals and work hard are rewarded. People who come into work with a negative attitude and feel entitled come onto glassdoor to write an anonymous review when they are let go.

Cons

Like a lot of organization we sometimes lack communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Communication and maybe you guys should spend a little time looking at how people are interviewing candidates.

Great company culture, recognition for work, and a great place to start out

Current Contractor - Data Entry Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Current Contractor - Data Entry Specialist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that treats their employees well. Everyone is friendly and very helpful in answering questions and it's a great team effort. The communication from management is excellent so you always know what's going on and what changes are coming. Management is quick to recognize you for your work and they are also quick to give helpful feedback on things that can be done to improve the quality of work. The thing that I found to be so great about the company is that new hires are given an entire week of training so that everyone is on the same page and we're all clear on what our job is and how to do it. They hire a lot of recent college grads. Also, potlucks, free beverages, low priced food available in the break room, and employee appreciation weeks are great perks.

Cons

The pay could be better but it's not bad for an entry level position.