TalentWise

Todd Owens

Growth, Growth, Growth!

Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Sales Representative in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise

Pros

Great pay, fantastic residual commission structures, unique industry niche leading position and fantastic benefits.

Cons

Lack of training for in-depth sales training and Background industry knowledge for new sales positions.

I am living proof of the endless potential in Corp. Sales at TalentWise; earnings and career advancement are limitless!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I challenge you to find a company with better culture, growth or compensation potential.

The executives all have an open door policy and make every employee feel at home because they ACTUALLY care and know most, if not every employee by name.

As one of the first hundred or so employee's at TalentWise, I have personally seen this company grow from $25 Million in Revenue with 120 employees, to $50 + Million in Revenue with close to 400 employees; suffice to say, it's been one heck of a ride.

As a current employee in Corporate Sales, I have gotten to where I am by partially by skills but primarily by hard work. I've been in every role starting from MDR (which I did for almost a year) working my way up into a Senior Mid-Market role in just 3 years and also doubling my earnings to make 6 figures at the age of 25...

With that said, even if the aforementioned reasons weren't as fruitful as they actually are, TalentWise has molded me into a better person which is invaluable and something I sincerely appreciate. While it may sound cliche, to me this is the most important characteristic a company could ever have.

Cons

With hyper growth there are always going to be inerrant problems which are sometimes hard to overcome. I have seen people come, and seen people go and the biggest challenge I had was distancing myself from "group think". When people know they aren't where they need to be in terms of work ethic or skills, they voice their "dirty laundry" and can bring others down; but long story short, because of the close proximity in which we work it's sometimes difficult to block out the naysayers.

Additionally, growth is difficult and it's been a challenge sometimes getting all teams ranging from sales, marketing, finance, operations, support all on the same page. As a result there have been challenges and will continue to be challenges (i.e. verification fiasco) but every hiccup has been, and will continue to be resolved.

The one idea that might be fun is to have a company contest like we at the Inome Christmas party 2 years back where employees made suggestions on process/product improvements and the winner received a substantial check for 50k for coming up with the best idea.

Other than that, I'd say just keep the same trajectory!

Five years later.... I still love it here!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Upon being hired, I was given word that TalentWise is about the people, career opportunities and dedication to being a best-in-class workforce while providing a best-in-class platform. TalentWise delivered across the board. It has been a tremendous opportunity to be part of the growth here. The best part. We are not done! With so much potential in our future, I am truly lucky to be part of a company with amazing people and a powerful, industry leading platform.

- Leadership. My Director has done an extraordinary job turning my team into a more successful and more productive group.
    - Social. We enjoy getting together over a cold one, hot chocolate bars, free food and more to keep our minds fresh and people engaged.
    - Appreciation. Are you doing well? You will be acknowledged for it.
    - Passionate. All employees are dedicated to TalentWise. You can see it and feel it when we talk.
    - Benefits. I've been told to take time off. That's a really good feeling.

Cons

I'm trying not to be biased but I really cannot think of anything negative about working here. If you are good to TalentWise, TalentWise will be good to you.

- Bonus plans
    - Growth planning (NOTE: There are absolutely growth opportunities but unless you clearly define them with your direct report, you might find yourself in limbo with "how" to grow. Define, take action and grow.)

- Communication is key.
    - Interdepartmental engagement a bit more often (not to be confused with social events)

TalentWise is a fast growth company but has same challenges growth companies have

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is very engaged and there is truly an open door policy. TalentWise embraces and entrepreneurial spirit and you have the ability to influence change. We are at a very exciting time in our growth and there is a reason I've been here nearly 7 years.

Cons

Like any company that's in high growth, access to resources and fixing core functionally and responsiveness can sometimes suffer. This comes with the territory and there are pieces being put in place to fix them.

Continue to focus on areas of support and ability to be more nimble in fixing core functionality

Great company, lots of people who listen

Current Employee - Software Engineering in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work on the Engineering team are friendly and helpful; and willing to help people in trouble. Senior management knows how hard the Engineers are working, and how important they are to the companies future. The location in Bellevue is close to many restaurants for going out to lunch, and public transportation options.

Cons

Corporate headquarters is currently in Bothell; so it's occasionally hard to talk to some of the other parts of the company due to the commute.

Fantastic company growth equals huge personal growth opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time

Pros

As always, if you start with great people and add opportunity and a strong corporate focus, you can't help but accomplish great things. The people here seem totally bought in focused in rowing in the same direction.

Cons

There's a lot to do, as is always true when the business is doing well. But that just lends itself to being able to solve problems and shine!

A great workplace where I have had a lot of personal and professional growth

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TalentWise has a lot of great people who are fun to work with. Everyone has always been nothing but helpful to me during my time at TalentWise. I have a great work-life balance and a great boss. I am satisfied with my compensation and benefits.

TalentWise is like anything else in this world, people who set goals and work hard are rewarded. People who come into work with a negative attitude and feel entitled come onto glassdoor to write an anonymous review when they are let go.

Cons

Like a lot of organization we sometimes lack communication between departments.

Communication and maybe you guys should spend a little time looking at how people are interviewing candidates.

Great company culture, recognition for work, and a great place to start out

Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

This is a company that treats their employees well. Everyone is friendly and very helpful in answering questions and it's a great team effort. The communication from management is excellent so you always know what's going on and what changes are coming. Management is quick to recognize you for your work and they are also quick to give helpful feedback on things that can be done to improve the quality of work. The thing that I found to be so great about the company is that new hires are given an entire week of training so that everyone is on the same page and we're all clear on what our job is and how to do it. They hire a lot of recent college grads. Also, potlucks, free beverages, low priced food available in the break room, and employee appreciation weeks are great perks.

Cons

The pay could be better but it's not bad for an entry level position.

Best technology company I've worked for in my career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Passionate and well rounded executive team and leadership team. Deep industry experience combined with strong technology and SaaS expertise makes for a leading company. Everyone in the company owns a piece of the pie, which shows the importance TalentWise places on their employees. Everyone is empowered to make great decisions and incented to continue to grow and evolve with the company. Clients are the number one priority and investment continues to be made as the company enhances the product and the customer experience.

Cons

It's a quickly growing company so you've got to be agile and willing to think on your feet.

Keep doing what you are doing! Stay focused on our expertise and continue to push us all to deliver an even better customer experience.

TalentWise receives my all-time best place to work out of 5 other companies in high tech, consumer goods, and agencies.

Current Employee - Director in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Bothell, WA

I have been working at TalentWise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- The intrinsic values of the leadership team are that they are not only passionate about the product but care about the people. Supportive, highly capable and intelligent leadership team.
    - Encouraged and expected to take risks, make decisions; build and own your resources, your team, your plan, your budget, and run your department.
    - Having the ability to sit at the table with the leadership team, be heard and receive their valuable insights.
    - Employees at TalentWise are some of the most capable, hard-working, fun, open and honest I have ever worked with.
    - Working on a product I am passionate about – one that is unique to the industry and a process-driven cloud solution. With TalentWise Hire I take great pride in knowing I’m helping to create a positive impact to HR professionals, hiring managers, job candidates & new hires.
    - Organization engages in and encourages open and honest dialog. An environment of collaboration yet achieves speedy and timely decision-making. Fresh ideas are encouraged, freely spoken and seriously considered.
    - Benefits and salary are right in line with other software companies in the Seattle area, and management & HR do a very good job of ensuring that.

Cons

There is so much one can do - it's up to each of us to identify what moves the needle most - to prioritize, to stay focused, to not take on more than you can chew to avoid not being able to make impact. If you need help, you craft a plan & go after the support you need.